IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

I think the point is that Tori is not a student at PCC, so the cuddling is between a student and non-student. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's "ok" for PCC students to cuddle off campus and with someone who it not a student. Well, if this is the case everyone should date a "non student" off campus. This appears to have benefits! Winking my eye.

I think that the preacher of the church I went to in Germany sent his kids to PCC.... unless there is another super conservative college in Florida somewhere.

18 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

So it's "ok" for PCC students to cuddle off campus and with someone who it not a student. Well, if this is the case everyone should date a "non student" off campus. This appears to have benefits! Winking my eye.

Only the male students, I imagine. The girls are barely let off campus.

35 minutes ago, just...sare said:

Only the male students, I imagine. The girls are barely let off campus.

Yep, heard about that to. I think I'm gonna research Christian colleges in the U.S. All these rules are interesting.

On 4/3/2017 at 8:10 AM, Casserole said:

You know what else scares me about PCC? That their nursing program is fully accredited; they can even sit for NCLEX and everything, and yet, this is the description of the program: 

So obviously no treating any heathens, not supporting unwed mothers through pregnancy or allowing any choice in women's reproductive rights. No treating the LGBTQ community. 

What kind of nurse is that? 

Isn't this the program Jill Duggar Dillard couldn't manage so she dropped out and became a 'midwife'?

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Isn't this the program Jill Duggar Dillard couldn't manage so she dropped out and became a 'midwife'?

Was it? I remember someone once came on here and claimed to be attending the same college as one of the Duggar girls but did we ever hear anything more about that? It wouldn't surprise me if she secretly tried, failed and the Duggars just pretended that they don't believe in college education to mask that their kids are undereducated and unprepared. Grifting works so much better anyway.

i think we need some backup and sourcing on any story that Jill went to PCC or any nursing school, please.  Otherwise, this too, will be a rumor that will never die. 

The only "education" that I know Jill got before training under "midwife" Venessa Giron was College Minus. I think most of the older girls and some of the older boys tried it for a while until it became clear that they were never going to transfer their credits to even a place like PCC or Clown. The Duggars actually shilled for College Minus during this time, so I'm certain that JB got a nice cut for any new recruits referred by the Duggars. 

I found the thread I thought of but there is absolutely no proof there. It's not about Pensacola but U of A though. I don't think Pensacola ever happened, that seems kind of far fetched.

On 5.4.2017 at 5:19 AM, rainbowbabycakes said:

I think that the preacher of the church I went to in Germany sent his kids to PCC.... unless there is another super conservative college in Florida somewhere.

Wow. Seems like you attented a really really fundie church here in Germany. Could you tell me a little more about that if it isn't too personal?

I never heard of the rumor that Jill might have went to PCC at one time. But maybe this happened during one of the times I was absent from FJ. Or I forgot about it.

I don't really see any of the Duggar kids at college and especially no college that doesn't allow them to still sleep and live at home, but on campus. They might be exposed to wordly culture a lot more nowadays than they were  10 or 15 years ago, but they were brought up so sheltered I can't imagine JB allowing that.

Wow. Seems like you attented a really really fundie church here in Germany. Could you tell me a little more about that if it isn't too personal?

Looking back, it was pretty fundie. I really enjoyed my time there though, and the people I got to know. It was Grace Baptist Church, in Baumholder. It's been 10 years since I left Germany though, so I don't know what has happened to it, or the people, since then. It was a mostly military church, so I don't imagine any of the same people are still there.

18 hours ago, marmalade said:

The only "education" that I know Jill got before training under "midwife" Venessa Giron was College Minus. I think most of the older girls and some of the older boys tried it for a while until it became clear that they were never going to transfer their credits to even a place like PCC or Clown. The Duggars actually shilled for College Minus during this time, so I'm certain that JB got a nice cut for any new recruits referred by the Duggars. 

So... an MLM. Can't say I've seen that approach to higher education before.

9 hours ago, faraway said:

I found the thread I thought of but there is absolutely no proof there. It's not about Pensacola but U of A though. I don't think Pensacola ever happened, that seems kind of far fetched.

For anyone curious, here are the comments @farawayreferred to:

Spoiler

IMG_3127.PNG

IMG_3128.PNG

IMG_3129.PNG

IMG_3130.PNG

IMG_3131.PNG

IMG_3132.PNG

I see no evidence that can confirm or deny the claims. So I'm going to go ahead and not believe a word of it right now. Especially since this was a month before Jill got married.

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Especially since this was a month before Jill got married.

Kind of a dead giveaway right there isn't it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Did I miss something? the recap of the latest bates episode casually slipped in:

"Tori drops a bombshell: She’s getting married in May! Her sisters are shocked, but then she clarifies....next May, after she finishes school.

“I’m not planning my wedding,” says Tori. “I’ll pick my colors, and then everyone else plans it.” What if everyone disagrees? “Then I say y’all fight it out,” says the bride-to-be. “I ain’t doing it.” "

Did I miss a Tori engagement? If not...what a anticlimactic way to announce it!  Did anyone watch the episode? 

10 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Did I miss a Tori engagement? If not...what a anticlimactic way to announce it!  Did anyone watch the episode? 

Right before 'I love you day' the sisters went for pedicures and Alyssa asked Tori when she was getting married. She replied in May at which the sisters looked shocked. She clarified not this May but the next. She wants to finish school first and doesn't want to rush the planning during school break. No engagement that we know of yet but  I thought she said something about having a Year between engagement and marriage. I may just be making that up though.

Didn't they say something about how the next season would feature a wedding?  I kind of thought the wedding they were referring to was Tabitha Paine's wedding.  

This is why I miss the candid replies from Kelly on her blog. We used to get so much more info about the adult kids. Now the new additions just pop up on the screens haha.

Tori seems to think that courting is as good as being engaged, so she can plan on getting married right after graduation. If Bobby didn't know about this before, he does now. One of her sisters (Alyssa?) commented that planning her wedding while going to college would be too much work, "unless you're going to take a semester off." She's not going to take the semester off, but she does expect her sisters to plan her wedding for her.

FFS, I get a little ragey everytimes these fundy maidens say they can't plan a wedding & do anything else.  I, and many other people here on FJ, planned my wedding while working full time (and without a wedding planner, or my family's assistance). Pull yourselves together, fundies. Perhaps if you allowed yourselves engagements longer than 3 months, wedding planning wouldn't be a big f**king deal.

By the way, Tim and Franicia White (the parents of the notorious HeIsTheWay) just announced that the Navy is transferring them from Chattanooga to Pensacola in a couple of weeks. Perhaps Tori should tag along as "helper/tutor" for the summer and she could be near Bobby at PCC.

Most of these kids can't do more than one thing at a time b/c with 20 kids you can assign each one task to do each day (repeatedly) and all they need to do is that one thing. Add to it that once they are in a relationship everyone expects them to be a space cadet and no wonder.

I do think with Alyssa thought that she just wasn't interested in school. She also wasn't far enough into it to really care about completing it. I think she did one semester at Crown. An extra semester wasn't going to help and any degree she got wasn't going to be used. In a way, it was practical.

I thought per fundie relationship rules expectations were considered a negative thing.  Considering to our knowledge an official engagement hasn't occurred, yet she is planning on a wedding next May it's rather interesting.   I mean after all has he told her directly when he is planning on asking her father for permission to marry and she's viewing more as a formality?  The whole thing seems rather odd and she sounds more similar to a mainstream relationship in a way.  The postponing until completing the degree and having ideas about the planning.  I will say having your family just take over is incredibly lazy.  After all it is your day, shouldn't you care enough to have a voice.  Then again it's not as though she probably would be allowed much of one.

Some people just don't care that much about the wedding.  If the bride and groom just want to get the papers signed and are only having a wedding for the benefit of other people, then let the other people plan the wedding.  Just make sure you keep veto power if someone comes up with a really stupid idea that you just can't handle.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived