IGNORED

The book what Lori wrote: The Power of a Transformed Wife Pt2

And they might have to take orders from a NOT-CHRISTIAN(or a Not-The Right-Kind-Of-Christian)!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Koala said:

Also, the military involves being away for extended periods of time. I wouldn’t be crazy about my man being shut up on a submarine for months with women. Women have been known to come off those subs pregnant and not even know who the “baby daddy” is. My cousin was in the Navy. It happens.

So these women are just hopping on penises like pogo sticks (which, okay, I mean, that might be fun) ... but shouldn't her husband have at least some say in who hops on his, erm, pogo stick? And if he lets the pogo stick hopper hop on his pogo stick (I am not even keeping a straight face while typing this at this point), then doesn't he share the blame for whatever happens? 

Oh wait, no, because the hopper is the sole blame-haver.Because reasons.

Desert Vixen said:

but remember, they play sports and that's just as good preparation for war!

Well, hell, didn't Donald Trump say that building stuff was just as great a sacrifice as losing your child in a war? So, I can see where Lori's argument is coming into play. Sort of. If I squint and shut my brain off.

Well I know when I was enlisted I was just tripping & falling on the dick left n right, alllll willy nilly (see what I did there, "willy"... get it??)

In all seriousness, she needs to stop. For reals. She lives in a bubble and would probably have lost her little mind if one of her boys came home wanting to run away with the recruiter. Women join for tons of reasons: college money, life/job skills, to take care of their children/family, for the benefits, patriotism, the list goes on. Not all of us are feminazi's trying to trample on the poor make ego- hell I just needed a paycheck.

And for the record Lori, the Navy is strict on contact aboard ship so those knocked up women you claim to have heard about are few & far between, and most likely weren't knocked up while out at sea. Sugar you don't want to know about the number of lonely young men who were only gay when they were deployed. Catch a clue & leave the military alone.

10 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

But fundies forget the most important thing about marriage (or any long term relationship) -- it's about love, bound up with respect and friendship. You know -- those sinful emotions.  Mutual love between two people who freely choose to be together.   When you really love someone you want to make him/her happy --- this works for men and women -- and you want to keep your relationship going along smoothly. 

When you want to make someone happy, compromise and decision making are easy because each of you is willing to do what the other wants or at least listen with an open mind.  You meet in the middle, decide *together* what works best for the 2 of you and go from there.  Not saying people in love never argue, because we do, but love gets you through *alot*.  I say this as someone married for over 20 years -- happily I think.  Certainly happier than LoriKen seem to be.

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first comment.

I really liked your post, especially the bits In bold. 

When you read a post by Lori, Ken, Debi, Michael Pearl or any of these fundie marriage teachers, there's hardly any mention of mutuality and free choice.  It's always about duty, obligation, sacrifice, fulfilling "God-given roles" or else you aren't "glorifying God". 

They hardly ever use the word "relationship". Do they even understand marriage as a relationship between two human beings?  I doubt it.

Lori actually teaches women to lead in their marriages and their husbands are more than happy to follow.  I don't think Ken and Lori understand  leadership as Jesus taught it. 

7 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Well I know when I was enlisted I was just tripping & falling on the dick left n right, alllll willy nilly (see what I did there, "willy"... get it??)

In all seriousness, she needs to stop. For reals. She lives in a bubble and would probably have lost her little mind if one of her boys came home wanting to run away with the recruiter. Women join for tons of reasons: college money, life/job skills, to take care of their children/family, for the benefits, patriotism, the list goes on. Not all of us are feminazi's trying to trample on the poor make ego- hell I just needed a paycheck.

And for the record Lori, the Navy is strict on contact aboard ship so those knocked up women you claim to have heard about are few & far between, and most likely weren't knocked up while out at sea. Sugar you don't want to know about the number of lonely young men who were only gay when they were deployed. Catch a clue & leave the military alone.

I don't have direct knowledge of the Navy, but even I can see that the Navy wouldn't allow rampant casual sex. You'd have to be a bit of a dumbass to think like that. But then this is what fundies believe. If mixed groups of people live, heck even do things together then things will happen. Like Steve Maxwell blacklists sports because guys and girls are together and so they will obviously have relationships with each other. (Goes without saying that this is complete and utter horse shite).

Women do get pregnant onboard ships and subs. However, if they get pregnant then they are probably gonna get in big trouble because they aren't supposed to. 

Typically woman get themselves pregnant before a deployment so they don't have to go. 

Also, respectfully, the girls who do tend to sleep around on ships tend to be very... friendly. It appears that they like the attention they get because there is a large ratio of men to women within the navy. Apparently there tends to be a reputation about these ladies. That's coming from my husband who is in the navy.

27 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Women do get pregnant onboard ships and subs. However, if they get pregnant then they are probably gonna get in big trouble because they aren't supposed to. 

Typically woman get themselves pregnant before a deployment so they don't have to go. 

Also, respectfully, the girls who do tend to sleep around on ships tend to be very... friendly. It appears that they like the attention they get because there is a large ratio of men to women within the navy. Apparently there tends to be a reputation about these ladies. That's coming from my husband who is in the navy.

So they like attention like, say, bloggers who wear blouses with plunging necklines? Or dancers who post pictures of themselves in skimpy outfits while striking provocative poses????  

Maybe they're just into the "military-risqué" way of life. It's like Ken's daughters being Christian risqué - only more patriotic. 

CHAPTER TWELVE: Keepers at Home

"Encouraging women to be keepers at home is the most controversial topic on my blog, bar none.  It seems like a lot of women WANT to work outside the home, which surprises me, so they give me an earful whenever I write about the positive side of being a stay-at-home-Mom."

Lori begins this chapter with the above statement, continuing by saying that staying at home full time is difficult but working while being married and raising a family is "usually too much for anyone."  Ken, although not in this book, has said that a stay-at-home mom's job is very easy, so here we have one more thing in which the Alexanders contradict one another. 

She writes about the Proverbs 31 woman and how her life revolved around her world.  There is no mention of the possibility that this woman could very well have worked outside the home; and likely did so in order to accomplish some of the things listed in the scripture. 

Lori reminds us that children need their mothers and, without a mother at home full-time, children are more likely to suffer emotional instability and mental health issues.  She relates a story of when she was a teacher and she was "sitting around the lunch table one day with a bunch of school teachers, and they all said if they had to do it all over again, they would not have children because their sons and daughters have given them so much heartache."  She continues "These teachers didn't take pleasure in child-raising since their offspring were rebellious and not enjoyable to be around." 

In this chapter Lori writes a lot about the work and responsibility involved in raising children. There is no discussion of the joys and rewards. She also writes about a time when she was a substitute teacher and one of the other teachers told her that "she could always tell which children had full time mothers because they were much more secure and happy than those who didn't.  Mothers being home full time creates security in their children."

We are reminded that a keeper at home can be a blessing to her neighbors, church and community. She can show hospitality and invite people over for dinner.

She ends this chapter with a fairly long comment, from her blog, by His Helper, in which His Helper discusses how following the letter of the Law, biblically, applies to women being keepers at home.*

*confession - I did not read that part very thoroughly. I tried. I really did; but my eyes were twitching and I'm tired and....election night...and it's Lori's blog and....I'M SORRY!!! 

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

It seems like a lot of women WANT to work outside the home, which surprises me, so they give me an earful whenever I write about the positive side of being a stay-at-home-Mom."

She says this ^^^ but she never shows it:

In this chapter Lori writes a lot about the work and responsibility involved in raising children. There is no discussion of the joys and rewards.

If she were to simply show the joy of being a stay-at-home mom, she would accomplish much more in terms of helping other women to want that for their own families.

She often says the words that there is joy in obedience, but she clearly doesn't understand that for many Christians, abundant joy actually is the result of obedience to God. For Lori, the only joy is in being able to say that she's obedient. In all the blog posts I've read from her, I have never seen her show that she experiences joy. That's pretty sad, and I'd feel bad for her if she weren't trying to drag the rest of us into her joyless version of godly womanhood.

She ends this chapter with a fairly long comment, from her blog, by His Helper, in which His Helper discusses how following the letter of the Law, biblically, applies to women being keepers at home.*

I hope she got people's permission to use their words first.

Yeah, I'll take all the research that shows kids do just fine with working mothers before I listen to this non-thinking, hateful hag.  

@usmcmom : Maybe they're just into the "military-risqué" way of life. It's like Ken's daughters being Christian risqué - only more patriotic. 

I love it!

I will say that the whole "women get pregnant to avoid going on deployment" or to get out of doing other stuff is not as rampant as some people will have you believe.  The Navy does have a more generous policy about not deploying moms for a year post-childbirth, so maybe it happens more but it's not as big a problem as it's often portrayed. 

Wait. Female service members might get pregnant on purpose to get out of doing their job???  

That would be like....oh.....I don't know....a young married teacher sabotaging her birth control so she wouldn't have to return to her teaching job. 

Or some such nonsense. 

"sometimes Ken will tell me to delete a post if he doesn't think it's right".  Lori's  YouTube #2.  Because, women are easily deceived of course and can't think for themselves. 

2 hours ago, Colby said:

"sometimes Ken will tell me to delete a post if he doesn't think it's right".  Lori's  YouTube #2.  Because, women are easily deceived of course and can't think for themselves. 

Well, it's obvious that applies to Mrs. Alexander. Good thing she has Big Ken to "correct her papers."

On 11/5/2016 at 7:52 AM, molecule said:

Oh, gross. Now I'm reminded that one of my long-time BFFs used to say she was a technical virgin, since she'd only had anal sex.  I'm going to go throw up a little bit now.

No joke - this was encouraged in my Christian HS. Students all talked about it, all the time. You could also use fingers to put inside places. As long as no P went into V, you were still a virgin and could just pray away your sins.

I fell for it too, and then I went to college.

13 hours ago, Colby said:

And sometimes she'll tell him to take a flying leap.  Because Godly Older Woman.

Ken Alexander (from his time here a FJ):

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog. Are you shocked?

For newer members- Ken paid us a visit back in 2014, confident that he could straighten us silly women folk out. :pb_lol: Bless him.

There was a whole lot of,

Ken: "Lori never said that..."

Us: "Actually, here's 5 different quotes of Lori saying exactly that...."

Ken took notes and made a list of things he wanted scrubbed from The Godly Mentor's blog.  

We can only assume that when he took his laundry list to Lori, she told him to shove it where the sun don't shine, because he came running back to report that Lori was an unsubmissive meany pants who wouldn't change her blog for him.

I imagine that a giant shit storm ensued between The Godly Mentor and The Horse of Truth.  Lori sent him over here to straighten us out.  He gets his ass handed to him, and ends up wanting her to do a housecleaning on her blog.  And to top it all off, he tells the producers of "the feminist air" she's so worried about everyone breathing, that she, Lori Alexander, The Godliest of Godly Mentors, is not being submissive.  The irony being, that her entire ministry is based on submission.

@Koala  I heart you so much for the way you take the time to browse that horrendous blog to use these two nincompoops own words against them.  How you have the stomach for such a task I will never know.  I can't spend too much time reading her tripe as I get physically ill.

In her latest video, Lori talks about getting "deceived" by a phone salesman at an AT&T store, and ending up getting charged $700 for a phone they said was free. She said if Ken had been there, he'd have seen through the sales pitch, because his penis would tell him it was a scam.

I have to admit, I feel Lori's pain with those slick phone salesman. I used to buy all our phones at a local Verizon outlet. The first few times, I had little kids with me and didn't read all the papers through. Probably ended up paying more than I planned to. Always felt pressured. Never really understood the process.

But I LEARNED from that. The last time I went to that store, they gave me the usual confusing sales pitch. Told me there was a promotion for a free phone that was only available that day. I refused to sign and each time I went back the promotion was still available. Though I am a woman, and quite easily deceived, this set off some alarm bells and (although my daughter was upset about having to wait for her phone) I decided to research the process.

My conclusion (in case anyone is interested) is that the best deals were available by calling Verizon itself. The reps are knowledable, and you can call as many times as you need to, and they had everything in stock. There wasn't any pressure. Best of all, there was no middleman jacking up the price. Those stores are all middlemen, and completely unnecessary. Just buy the phone from the provider. I got it delivered to my door Fedex.

The point is, Lori, is that you are not more easily deceived. You were just inexperienced and did not sit down and figure out how all those "discounts" and "promotions" and "user fees" would apply to your bill. With a little effort and time, you can figure out those things too. It's not just men who can do so.

In fact, my dh has gotten fooled by more salespitches than I have. It's gotten to the point that I've asked him not to sign up for any subscription-type services without checking with me. He ends up thinking he's signed up for a one-time deal but actually signing up for an automatic renewal he does not want. It's not that he's more easily deceived--he's actually very smart-- it's just that he isn't that good at reading the fine print.

Lori did a post a couple of years back about how men aren't as gullible as women(her views). She even said something to the effect that her daughter Cassi was very gulliable compared to her two sons. Men can be taken in by scams too. Lori needs to watch some Investigation Discovery channel, there have been documentaries about men who were scammed and murdered. I do think Lori has low intelligence possibly due to the brain tumors. She is dumb about a lot of things and there tons of examples on her blog.

Lori's posted on FB that she sent a copy of her book to Debi Pearl. It seems to have been a mutual love fest.

And in other news, Debi is trying to go to China again? I thought they wouldn't let her in last time she tried.

Spoiler

lori and debi.jpg

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

In her latest video, Lori talks about getting "deceived" by a phone salesman at an AT&T store, and ending up getting charged $700 for a phone they said was free. She said if Ken had been there, he'd have seen through the sales pitch, because his penis would tell him it was a scam.

So penises are basically a kind of Divining Rod for Truth?

This really explains so much about their particular brand of Christianity.

What are the Pearls doing in China? Trying to convert people to their brand of crazy? It's bad enough here, please don't share it elsewhere, m'kay, Pearls? They already have corporal punishment there, so what's the point? I don't get missionaries, I just don't. I remember there was comment, no idea where it was now, but some lady adopted children from India and talked about the culture as evil and their language was satanic (aka their native language). You have no business going to a country if you have zero respect for the culture or people there. Off-topic I know, but people like this tick me off and the Pearls are so sadistic I hate the very idea of them trying to convert anyone to their ways. 

2 hours ago, Colby said:

I wonder if Lori will ever make a YouTube channel.  Can't delete comments there!

I believe you can disable the comments and upvote/downvote options, though. 

51 minutes ago, polecat said:

So penises are basically a kind of Divining Rod for Truth?

This really explains so much about their particular brand of Christianity.

Why else would it be called a divining rod

But seriously, I can't stand anything that suggests women shouldn't be doing something as simple as buying a phone alone. There are so many reasons someone, male or female, could get suckered into a bad deal by a sales pitch. I'm sure some companies encourage their salespeople to bend the truth to get a bigger sale. But more importantly, in the context of patriarchy, if you tell a woman her whole life that she's stupid and inadequate and should always be submissive to men... why would it be a shock that the same woman wouldn't be assertive enough to spot or reject a bad deal? It sounds to me like setting women up for failure, then blaming them when something goes wrong. 

2 hours ago, Colby said:

I wonder if Lori will ever make a YouTube channel.  Can't delete comments there!

You can. I'm a mod of a youtube channel, and you can indeed delete comments. 

Archived