IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

He's here!  Little (well, kinda!) Phillip Andrew... 

Pay particular attention to David's comments about his name.

Cute little guy:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

Cute little guy:

Can't watch the video at the moment, but the name is surprisingly... "normal". Unique names can be a cool thing, of course, so I can't wait to see the reasons behind the wee one's name.

3 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

He's here!  Little (well, kinda!) Phillip Andrew:

22 inches! She's superhuman. 

Peter was my first guess but Phillip was my second for a boy. All that dark hair is rather shocking for such a blonde family. I bet it will all turn blonde like my niece's did. 

6 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

Cute little guy:

He's pretty flipping cute! Philip is definitely a more normal name. So I guess they are doing P for the boys and D for the girls. That's different. 

Andrew...manly man... giggle giggle snort snort snort!

Is it possible for TFDW to have a manly man? How would he define that?

By the way, Andrew is Biblical, too. He was one of the disciples. I'm surprised David didn't mention that, also. It would be right up his alley.

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

He's pretty flipping cute! Philip is definitely a more normal name. So I guess they are doing P for the boys and D for the girls. That's different. 

They do make cute children, that's for sure!

Paul and Phillip - definitely normal.  Davia struck me as odd for a first name.  As an Italian American, it's a very Italian surname. 

I do wonder if they'll do the letter theme with their kids.  I'm hoping the answer to this is no, and that they just like the names Paul and Phillip.  They are good names!

What are the chances that God thinks they have enough gifts, and he divinely intervenes to stop the letter theme, long labors and big 'ole adorable babies?

3 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

What are the chances that God thinks they have enough gifts, and he divinely intervenes to stop the letter theme, long labors and big 'ole adorable babies?

Certainly do make big adorable babies and I am not sure about God stopping their gifts. Only time will tell ;) 

I'm thinking the next two boys will be Peter and Philemon, to carry on the P Bible names theme.

As much as I hate the lifestyle and am concerned about the seemingly lack of prenatal care, I'm glad to see Priscilla is okay. I'm dreading the day when one of our Fundy women and/or babies die in childbirth because they didn't have a qualified midwife or good prenatal care.

I can't remember diddly about Philip in the bible other than being an apostle. Anyone else remember their catechism? 

26 minutes ago, Lovebug said:

Probably around zero.

I'm happy for them (snark aside) and am glad that Priscilla got through her labor OK.  Good wishes to little Phillip.

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All that dark hair is rather shocking for such a blonde family. I bet it will all turn blonde like my niece's did. 

Agree.  My nephew was also born with a head full of dark hair that turned blond.  Our family is a mix of light and dark hair and his, around the time he went to middle school, started slowly changing to a medium brown.  That said - since both David and Priscilla are blond, I expect the baby will turn and stay blond.

"And Andrew meaning manly, I hope he will grow up to be a mans man."

Oh TFDW, projecting much? Lol

14 hours of labour and he drags her in front of a camera with full make up two hours later?????? Douchebag!!

And somehow it looks like they totally copied the video David's brother Adam did a few months ago when his son was born!

So, David gave Priscilla all of two hours this time around. One hour more than I predicted, so I guess that's something. LOL

How she manages to look so amazing and put-together so shortly after birth, I'll never understand. But I'm sure she'd still prefer not to have a camera shoved into her face right away.

Oh, forgot to add: Here's their Instagram announcement:

10 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

14 hours of labour and he drags her in front of a camera with full make up two hours later?????? Douchebag!!

And somehow it looks like they totally copied the video David's brother Adam did a few months ago when his son was born!

My heart ached for her when she talked about it being her third and thinking the labor would be easier.  And then to go on and push out these 9+ pounders?

The woman deserves a medal.  And to stop being a brood mare IMMEDIATELY...

10 minutes ago, JillyO said:

So, David gave Priscilla all of two hours this time around. One hour more than I predicted, so I guess that's something. LOL

How she manages to look so amazing and put-together so shortly after birth, I'll never understand. But I'm sure she'd still prefer not to have a camera shoved into her face right away.

Oh, forgot to add: Here's their Instagram announcement:

They need to pull that hat down, the way the top is all pointy is making me think of a condom. Yes, yes dirty mind I know. 

I dont understand how she had 14 hours of labor beginning at 7:30 AM, had a 10 pound baby, and looks like she just got back from having lunch with her friends.

Interesting that her parents came in town to watch the littles while she gave birth, and it seems that her mom didnt stay with her during the labor.  So are we to assume that it was just Prissy and TFDW alone in the house?

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I dont understand how she had 14 hours of labor beginning at 7:30 AM, had a 10 pound baby, and looks like she just got back from having lunch with her friends.

Interesting that her parents came in town to watch the littles while she gave birth, and it seems that her mom didnt stay with her during the labor.  So are we to assume that it was just Prissy and TFDW alone in the house?

Pretty sure they had a three-person midwifery team, per the pics on the blog. 

Hair and makeup two hours later doesn't  bother me, but fully dressed....in a button-down shirt no less? That's would be a nightmare to me. Couldn't she wear some modest jammies in bed or something? :-(

I hope after the video was finished she was allowed to change and go back to bed.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Certainly do make big adorable babies and I am not sure about God stopping their gifts. Only time will tell ;) 

Given what we've seen from three of the Keller girls, they are pretty much born to whelp. I do not know the circumstances of Susanna's or Rebekah's birth situations, so I can't comment on them. 

30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It's actually David's parents, not Priscilla's, though I do believe she calls her "mom" once during the video.

I fear that Paul and Davia are going to end up talking like the Rodrigues children. I hope Priscilla only speaks like that when the camera is on. Does David just pimp her out in order to give testimony to the greatness and mercifulness of the Lord?  It felt a couple of times like they should share a little kiss of happiness after this emotional experience but, nope. Well, she looks great and seems happy. Paul and Davia?  I'm not sure they are impressed with the little interloper at this moment. Refreshing to see normal reactions from them!!

I love how Davia won't be David's trained monkey.  No way was she going to kiss that baby as he wished. 

2 hours ago, Lovebug said:

They do make cute children, that's for sure!

Paul and Phillip - definitely normal.  Davia struck me as odd for a first name.  As an Italian American, it's a very Italian surname. 

I do wonder if they'll do the letter theme with their kids.  I'm hoping the answer to this is no, and that they just like the names Paul and Phillip.  They are good names!

I read an interesting article in The Economist about a study that was done that suggests that parents tend to be more creative with daughter's names and go for more traditional names for their sons. The researcher felt that it was perhaps linked to patrilineal inheritance of surnames, so people feel more bound to tradition with their sons' names. In any case, it seems that this follows with Davey and Priscilla. 

http://www.economist.com/node/2685710

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived