IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

On 10/12/2016 at 3:37 PM, December said:

At which point she will find some reasons why college is a bad idea and move on to the next activity of the week? (Though I hope not, college could really help if she can learn to accept and work with constructive criticism)

I think that will happen with her. If her program is online, I could see her bailing on that kind of setup.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol!  Online courses are way easy to neglect.  IMO and experience, they're also easy to complete and pass; tests being open book and all.  However, actually making sure you actually learn the material requires a fair amount of effort.  And Raquel NEVER makes any sort of effort.  So......well. There it is.

On 10/11/2016 at 0:09 PM, VooDooChild said:

I will never understand this posting of pics with guns.  Are you trying to pretend you're a badass?  Safety training so you don't injure yourself or others is badass.  Posing with a weapon is not.  

As an aside, I don't understand the photographs of weapons on dating sites, too, which seems to be common. Nothing screams "dateability" like a semi-auto.

7 hours ago, VooDooChild said:

Lol!  Online courses are way easy to neglect.  IMO and experience, they're also easy to complete and pass; tests being open book and all.  However, actually making sure you actually learn the material requires a fair amount of effort.  And Raquel NEVER makes any sort of effort.  So......well. There it is.

They might technically be open book but at my university at least there are time limits that start when you open the test and don't stop counting down until you submit the sheet or it runs out. There isn't any time to look up stuff unless you're already familiar with where the relevant info is in the texts and are just quickly double checking your answer. They're also smart enough to not ask google-able questions. Mine is a specialty rural long distance university though, so maybe they're just better than most at setting up a test environment. Also, our exams are not open book. We have a pre-determined test location and we show up there and take supervised exams.

I took several online courses in college. We had timed quizzes and some essay questions were quite hard. If Raquel is taking online courses with no final exams, I could maybe see her neglecting work or doing things half ass.  In a couple of online classes, you had to do heavy participation in course message boards which had deadlines for responses. When I took technical writing online, you had to workshop drafts of assignments with group members on the message boards as part of your grade.

On 10/13/2016 at 7:26 PM, ari_belle said:

Well before she posted that, she said "You really don't know who has your back until you're in desperate need."

Were her parents helping her out? Maybe they cut her off for real.

And if she was treating her new barista job anything like her old one, maybe they fired her..

Also here are our daily lulz

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 4.27.09 PM.png

Well she certainly thinks highly of herself. :roll: A few years from now we will remember this tweet and most likely discuss how Raquel spent the last couple of years getting bad tattoos, writing shitty "poems" and dropping out of college. Raquel can't even seem to change herself for the better, she isn't going to gain fame for making the world a better place. 

I am starting a new online school this January, but I am getting my all my travel done before the end of the year. While online classes do afford flexibility, that flexibility is really limited to a day-to-day basis. Yes, I can work 6-7 hours a day at whatever time, but I still need to block out another 4-7 hours of that day to study. The constraints of class time and campus transportation are absent, but the deadlines are not. Traveling would put me behind, unless I studied while I was on vacation, which -- just no. She also expressed distress about her finances once again when she returned from Texas.... The reason for my one (tentative) trip this year is thanks to my Mom already having a ticket for me. I have to save up for school, and two Octobers have gone by where I haven't been able to go to Upstate NY like I want, but I know when I graduate things will be better. No, I am no master planner, but Raquel already lacks enough discipline to successfully stay in school and support, insisting on taking so many trips will only result in more desparate breakdowns in coffee shops.

On another note, NaNoWriMo is just a few sleeps away. Here is to hoping she provides an entertaining albeit incomplete train wreck. 

NaNoWriMo you say?

I can't tell you what I'd give for a sequel to Life's Choices.  My God that story was so-bad-it's-good.  Like a Jesusy version of My Immortal.

NaNoWriMo is fun. I do it and have for several years. But... Raquel. Yikes. I get the feeling she wouldn't understand that anything you write in NaNo is super rough draft material and probably thinks everything she writes comes out perfectly without editing. There's a reason no one but me has seen my NaNo writing. Haha.

I would also love to see a sequel to Life's Choices. Not sure where she would go with it though...

Leona and Peter Gunn have a calling to mission in Peru.  Enroute, Peter is tragically killed in a rabid penis ferret attack.  Leona is comforted and finds new strength in the LORD... in the arms of a Peruvian orphan named Xaquerie.

And she's back to praying for her future husband. Seriously, I would faint dead away if she managed two blog enteries in a row that weren't about having a relationship. 

I was literally just thinking that. I wonder why she chose online classes if she's just looking for her MRS.

Mythical unicorn perfect Jesus man might be on a class message board though, and then we'd get to witness an epic cross-country love story. NaNoWriMo would be chock full of two weeks of pure gold entertainment, followed by silence, followed by excellent Twitter self-pity. 

16 hours ago, Terrie said:

And she's back to praying for her future husband. Seriously, I would faint dead away if she managed two blog enteries in a row that weren't about having a relationship. 

If Raquel was a movie she would totally fail the Bechdel test.

Her new favorite necklace is a revolver pendant.  I can't even.  I'm going to guess the 'boyfriend' is into firearms.  

I got this list of tips for free verse writers in my Medium digest this morning. I read the first sentence...

Novice poets might think that creating free verse is as easy as writing a few sentences, then breaking them into separate lines.

and had to smile. I'm really quite tempted to send it to Raquel.

She has a new blog post about how to find God. The answer is that you can't. See, Raquel is one of the special snowflake predestined people that God chose to save, so she didn't have to do anything except wait for God to show up and save her. If you aren't predestined, then you can't ever find God and God won't find you. 

Before He found me, I was just a wandering soul, living in a human world, content in my own way of life.

Keep in mind that Raquel was a small child when "God found her." :roll: Also, is she living in a non-human world now? 

So it's not my fault that I'm a godless heathen? 

You see, God is a God of order.  He is not chaotic.  He plans, He purposes, He predestines.  Before the foundation of the world, He foreknew His chosen ones, the ones He would conform into the image of His Son.  And the ones He predestines, He calls.  And the ones who come, He justifies.  And the ones He justifies, He glorifies.  

Aww, how cute. It must be so special to know that God thought of Raquel before He even created the world.

Before He found me, I was just a wandering soul, living in a human world, content in my own way of life.

Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world....

I also call bullshit on the friend texting her a question "out of the blue."

I see your Journey and raise you a Billy Joel

Uptown girl, living in her white bread world...

So I wonder, what's the point of all the praying then? All those prayers that your future husband will look up to God every morning, be a saintly worker,  live for Christ and keep his purity and so on? What good is that going to do if God already decided billions of years ago if the future husband is going to find him or not.

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Oh the first tweet is about a hoodie.

Seriously, she's ruining hoodies for me. 

That nuTwitter account is pathetic.  

I just read the blog entry.  She uses way too many words to get her point across.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived