IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raquel retweeted something last night: 

I can't think of a single verse that says we need to respect other religions. Love the people... but not respect the wrong views. Am I wrong?? 

She didn't write it, I know, but she made it pretty clear she believes it. And I just can't think of a more juvenile way to state something. "I love you, but I don't respect you because you're wrong." Did I just grow up in some church that was absolutely bat-shit insane? My pastor's best friends were a Jewish Rabbi and a bhikkhu. I hardly think they would've been best friends if they just sat around thinking about how wrong the other two were. 

What a sad, selfish way to live your life and practice loving God. 

Ahh, Raquel still hasn't learned that it is still plagiarism even if you change up the words a bit. she also didn't come up with the "Your Life Guard walks on water" phrase. I'm guessing a good many of Raquel's Original Deep Thoughts come from things she read on Pinterest. 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm guessing a good many of Raquel's Original Deep Thoughts come from things she read on Pinterest. 

Many of her just plain thoughts also seem to come from Pinterest.

So Raquel.

It's 9:04 am as I write this.

In a perfect world, you would have taken to heart all the times we've explained that again, your most recent poem is not a poem.  It's just a journal entry.

(And not a very good one, but let that be.)

Do you know how many times we've wished and prayed and hoped that you would do some research on poetry, and, instead of copying Pinterest quotes, do some real thinking and writing of your own? 

You are the writer of your story.  Learn how to be a better one.

We implore you.

It is 9;56 as I write this. The wind is blowing, there is a misting rain. The first hint of rain in many, many days.

And if any damn fool set another fire I will find them. The burn ban means you can't pile up leaves, set them on fire and wander off to get a beer. 

But, about Raquel, 

All of her 11:11 wishes were about him even before she met him and was clearly making them about someone else?

She thinks her subconscious brought him to life? 

Damn she gives herself a ton of credit!

So, I'm guessing this one true love won't last long because Raquel is immature and overly attached. 

Learn about 

Poetry 

Raquel. 

Because I"m not sure you have ever actually written a poem. 

That line about how every 11:11 wish was about the new guy is SUCH a stab to the not-again boyfriend who they were actually about for so long. When they would both set alarms and post 11:11 every day and then go like each others. Hahahaha.

In a perfect world, the first person you love is your forever love

That's not a perfect world.

That's a fantasy.

Even fairy tale princesses must overcome challenges

To get their Happily Ever After.

And you, Raquel, are no princess

Fairy tale or otherwise.

Even a tree does not spring forth as a tree.

It must fall, be buried,

Break it's shell, push its roots through the hard dirt.

It must struggle and grow,

or die a stunted thing.

Struggle, grow, Raquel.

Don't die stunted.

On 11/26/2016 at 2:05 PM, formergothardite said:

Ahh, Raquel still hasn't learned that it is still plagiarism even if you change up the words a bit. she also didn't come up with the "Your Life Guard walks on water" phrase. I'm guessing a good many of Raquel's Original Deep Thoughts come from things she read on Pinterest. 

Honestly, what good does it to have a life guard who walks on water? It sounds impressive, sure, but does it make them a better rescuer? Am I supposed to grab onto their ankles and let them tow me out? Does it let them instantly spot someone BEFORE they get into trouble? 

New blog entry. 

Um, I beg to differ but 20 people is only a large class by homeschooler standards.  I had public high school classes larger than that.  And in college add a 0 to her number and say double it. 

Wow  - her blog said she hadn't seen her family since thanksgiving.  And that was SO long ago.  You know, just over a week. 

And unless her commute is over 35 minutes long on a 2 lane highway dodging suicidal deer and idiots that turn in weird places, tailgate and pass while coming at you I don't want to discuss it.  (this includes through pouring rain during thunderstorms, during freezing rain and snow)

An entire blog dedicated to whining. Also she is still milking that first 97, which makes me think her following scores weren't as pretty? Did Jesus's poor special snowflake get a B?

Not sure if she means class as in "Everyone who started when I did" in which case, 20 is super tiny, or "Everyone in this specific classroom with me" in which case 20 is completely average to small for intro level course at a small liberal arts school. 

AND, she has to do a reading and writing assignments for the class. One fucking class. That meets weekly. I'd attempt to sympathize, but I'm afraid I'd hurt something.

Not sure if she means class as in "Everyone who started when I did" in which case, 20 is super tiny, or "Everyone in this specific classroom with me" in which case 20 is completely average to small for intro level course at a small liberal arts school. 
AND, she has to do a reading and writing assignments for the class. One fucking class. That meets weekly. I'd attempt to sympathize, but I'm afraid I'd hurt something.

I noticed that too... is she only taking one class?!

Just now, xRoo said:

I noticed that too... is she only taking one class?!

I think sh'es in a program for working adults. So they do one class at a time, at an accelerated rate, rather multiple classes at once. Still, even at an accelerated rate, one class. Do we even know if she's actually working full time? She always seems to have plenty of time to run around visiting people.

14 minutes ago, Terrie said:

The violin I'm playing for her plight is so small it's subatomic.

I think sh'es in a program for working adults. So they do one class at a time, at an accelerated rate, rather multiple classes at once. Still, even at an accelerated rate, one class. Do we even know if she's actually working full time? She always seems to have plenty of time to run around visiting people.

Good lord, when I was working on my undergrad I took 24 credits (6 classes) during an accelerated 6 week term while working (only 25-30 hours a week though). Now I'm working full time and taking my graduate program, and will start doubling the courseload in six weeks.

This girl needs serious lessons in: you do what you gotta do.

38 minutes ago, Terrie said:

I think sh'es in a program for working adults. So they do one class at a time, at an accelerated rate, rather multiple classes at once

I did a program like this during the last two years of college and I know of no one who just took one class. I went Monday, Wednesday, Friday and some semesters on Saturday. I was taking four-five classes at an accelerated rate and so were most of the other people. Of course she has plenty of time to do all the reading and writing assignments for one class that meets one time a week. 

I did a program like this during the last two years of college and I know of no one who just took one class. I went Monday, Wednesday, Friday and some semesters on Saturday. I was taking four-five classes at an accelerated rate and so were most of the other people. Of course she has plenty of time to do all the reading and writing assignments for one class that meets one time a week. 

Yeah, basically this. Unless she just isnt mentioning the other classes?

The way she wrote it sounds like one class. Continually bringing up her 97 from several weeks ago makes me think that her other papers aren't getting those scores. With an accelerated class she would have turned in other assignments by now. 

Four car accidents in one year. I'm not buying that none of it is her fault. 

Also, she has changed jobs again. How many coffee places has she worked at this year? Four? Five? It seems like a lot. 

The way she wrote it sounds like one class. Continually bringing up her 97 from several weeks ago makes me think that her other papers aren't getting those scores. With an accelerated class she would have turned in other assignments by now. 
Four car accidents in one year. I'm not buying that none of it is her fault. 
Also, she has changed jobs again. How many coffee places has she worked at this year? Four? Five? It seems like a lot. 

Right?! Thats a lot of wrecks. She acts like the fact that they are rear-ends and sideswipes means she is not at fault and rear ends, probably, but if you cut someone off or blow through a stop sign and get side swiped...

I imagine she lane drifts and stops suddenly. Those behaviors seem to fit her personality well...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived