IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

Derrick "retired" from soccer in 5th grade.  What a career.  Wow.  The soccer world is lost without him.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EyeQueue said:

WTH? Broken because they're brown? Because they live in mudhuts? Way to pay the insufferable ugly 'Murican card, Jill.

Well, it probably doesn't help that they aren't the right kind of Christian, that's enough to make any person broken. :P

I can't believe THIS show came back, but Leah Remini's It's all Relative is gone... Probably because it actually had personality and humor

8 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Is it just me or did most of the Duggar kidults just say that they tooootally want to adopt? :my_dodgy:

Bill Gothard will not be pleased.

Yeah, 48 hours into labor with the water broken BEFORE we realized this was not a good thing.... bright folks.

Just now, homeschoolmomma1 said:

I can't believe THIS show came back, but Leah Remini's It's all Relative is gone... Probably because it actually had personality and humor

are you sure it wasn't because she came out of Scientology ? :D

Jill gets a csection 

really I hadn't heard that 

are you all sure ?

they bonded 

I'll admit that Jill and Derek's relationship seems genuine, honest and mutual.

I think he's been good for her.  I also think it's been good for her to be away from the family.

3 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

WTH? Broken because they're brown? Because they live in mudhuts? Way to pay the insufferable ugly 'Murican card, Jill.

I think 'broken' refers to not having a mother and a father; preferably married. At least that's the context in which I've seen people use it (many pastors/politicians say it).   It's still a really condescending term. 

All these past clips....so boring. 

My Grammy tho is quite interesting with her take on Jill's idiocracy with her labor. Grammy blames Michelle the most though.She thinks mom should have known to tell her daughter to go to hospital earlier than when Jill did. Michelle used hospitals for delivery. She should've made her daughters consider those as well according to my Grammy.

They blurred out her pregnant stomach?!  WTH. 

It really drives me crazy when the Duggars and other "missionary" tourists act like going to visit children at the orphanage is a good deed.

It is not. It may make them feel good about themselves, but from a child development perspective it is highly damaging because the children experience intense but short-lived attachments to temporary adults while lacking a primary familial caregiver. This can further disrupt their attachment patterns and make it harder for them to form healthy bonds later in life.

Going to "love on some orphans" may seem sweet and innocent, but it is a photo op that can have really negative long-term ramifications for the children involved, especially if it is a repeated occurrence in their young lives.

Why did they think they had to blur Jill's stomach? Sheesh. It was a freaking preggo laboring belly...you know? 

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

They blurred out her pregnant stomach?!  WTH. 

I think if you need to blur out your pregnant belly then you should probably just not have your labour and child birthing experience filmed... 

Just now, nst said:

are you sure it wasn't because she came out of Scientology ? :D

Jill gets a csection 

really I hadn't heard that 

are you all sure ?

they bonded 

That show gave me hope in TLC. No longer do I. Leah was brave to leave and speak up about her life in Scientology and her book is awesome. I respect her and her family. As far as Tom Cruise... weirdo

Just now, pamplemousse said:

Why did they think they had to blur Jill's stomach? Sheesh. It was a freaking preggo laboring belly...you know? 

Obviously modesty stuff played into it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen that done on other shows (like A Baby Story) because the wound can be rather...unsettling.

51 minutes in and we've probably seen only about 8 minutes of original footage.

So. Boring. 

"Watching Jill 'walk thru' pregnancy" - someone send them a thesaurus, stat!

I think if you need to blur out your pregnant belly then you should probably just not have your labour and child birthing experience filmed... 

When they were showing Jessa's labor, I once again found myself asking how sharing that publicly was not immodest. But what do I know?

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I think 'broken' refers to not having a mother and a father; preferably married. At least that's the context in which I've seen people use it (many pastors/politicians say it).   It's still a really condescending term. 

Yeah, totally. So, condescension atop condescension: they're not the "right" type of Christians, nor do they have the "right" type of family structure. :roll:

Just now, MarblesMom said:

"Watching Jill 'walk thru' pregnancy" - someone send them a thesaurus, stat!

More like waddle, when she gets really far along.

Jill and Jessa - teniendo aburrido al siguiente nivel (part 4)

Derick shows up with a translator and looks at some REALLY enthusiastic "guys" who are there for a soccer tournament. Its the "sport of the world" and he has to get better at it.

Jessa - soccer is "life."  "its their little community sport."  All the kids start kicking the ball around and they're pros.

Derick had their team "the gringos" against the CA team.  

Bin - my football experience is american football.  Down here its a whole different world.

They kick the ball around, Jill cheers for derick.  

Derick - the gringos came "this close"  

The score was 3-2

Jill - israel loves football.  He plays "uh oh" by picking it up and dropping it.

Derick - its been great

Shots of israel crawling on a blanket, throwing diapers, walking on a chair...

YAY! Jill reminds us of labor! flashbacks to her labor.  Even the flashbacks are flashbacks!

Jessa - when we heard jill was in labor we were excited.  But she was in labor for a long time

Jill - I labored for a couple days and the contractions petered out so we went to the hospital becaue of infection.

Derick - I wasnt concerned because we had a birth plan for the hospital.  We just kept moving.

Jill - They let us labor for another day.

Shot of derick and jill in the hospital holding her.

Jill - it was a bonding experience for us

They decide to do the section.

Jill - I was greatful to reach each point and ok with the section.  I'm glad we had a "sweet" hospital staff that let derick cut the cord.

Izzy is born (again)

Michelle is right up in there saying he's cute in the operating room

Jill holds izzy in a hospital room

Jill - I just remember looking at him and thinking "this is my child" and seeing he's a perfect blend of us

Jinger - watching jill walk though pregnancy it was really sweet. Its so normal and natural.

Producer (to jill and jessa) - which of you will have your second child first

JIll - I think we'll both be pregnant at the same time but hard to say who will be first

4 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

Bill Gothard will not be pleased.

I don't think any of the Duggars really intend to adopt, they just keep bringing it up to drum up interest in their boring, aimless lives. There's no indication that the family isn't still full-on Gothard, which means they believe all the nonsense about adopted children carrying their biological parents' sins or whatever.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived