IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

Just now, littlemommy said:

No announcement. No life changing anything.

This whole show was a huge pile of shit.

And yet there are some people who are demanding another season. It's like these leghumpers live in an alternate dimension where the normal rules of what constitutes "entertainment"are completely absent.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have been watching playoff hockey but I wasted an hour on this nothing announcement. Wasted an hour on my DVR. 

1 hour ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

I continue to be disgusted by this whole "us boys have to look out for and protect our sisters". Maybe you should have protected them from the predator in your own house. 

To be fair,  when Josh was molesting their sisters, John David was 12 and Joseph was around 7.  The other boys were even younger--or not born.  JD was pretty sheltered and may not have known exactly what Josh did and how it was abusive. Joseph and the rest would have known even less.

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

I caught that too. Derick has given us hope for the kid and his education!

Yeah, but he probably meant home school.  I really wish he meant regular school.  I have hope that he'll encourage his kids to get a college education though.

So... not to toot my own horn, but even my life is way more interesting than these people's. Why exactly do they have a reality show and actual fans of said show?

1 minute ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

I think that excuse of a finale has sunk the series. 

which was worse this or the flea market one ?

2 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

To be fair,  when Josh was molesting their sisters, John David was 12 and Joseph was around 7.  The other boys were even younger--or not born.  JD was pretty sheltered and may not have known exactly what Josh did and how it was abusive. Joseph and the rest would have known even less.

As I recall from the police report, at least one non-Josh J'boy was interviewed by the police. I don't want to speculate which one it was, but I think both JD and Joseph would have been old enough to understand what was happening. The unidentified J'boy said that he knew it was wrong to touch people inappropriately, although the terminology he used was indicative of a home where even a simple concept as "good touch/bad touch" was heavily filtered through Gothardism.

I saw the show was on when I was flipping channels and thought...do I watch to see the announcement? And then realized pregnancy = no wine for me and watched the First 48 instead.  I figured that I would avoid wasting time 62 min of my life and be more entertained reading the recaps here than suffering through a snooze fest of obnoxiousness

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

So... not to toot my own horn, but my life is way more interesting than these people's. Why exactly do they have a reality show and actual fans of said show?

Because real life is boring.  

Just now, nst said:

This one. I think I had higher expectations for a finale with a lifechanging announcement   Can't imagine why.  

What was worse for you?

1 minute ago, nst said:

2 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Exactly. Even if they were aware of what happened, the protection should have first and foremost come from their parents and other adults who should have made the girls' lives safe.

Speaking of the fans, what do they think of the episode?

Surely they're as disappointed, probably more surprised though.

4 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

This one. I think I had higher expectations for a finale with a lifechanging announcement   Can't imagine why.  

What was worse for you?

both were equally boring 

what does it matter that Israel is older than Spurgeon 

Jessa can get pregnant before Jill if she desires to 

I didn't get why Jill said that 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

Jill and jessa's we plan to get pregnant at the same time crap just made people's top page 

Really? Can't People still to the news people really want to read about, like Madonna's bizarre yet completely underwhelming outfit at the Met gala?

11 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

To clarify, I don't actually think that the girls need "protecting" and any sort of taking care of the girls should have been done by their parents. My frustration is that when we all know about the abuse that happened in the home their adult male children bring out this line of "we need to screen strangers so they don't hurt our sisters" when the actual predator was living in their home. 

Edit: and they continue to talk about "protecting their sisters" from potential partners when they could actually show some solidarity by speaking out/doing anything other than sweeping this under the rug. 

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

And we thought 19K&C was bad.  Holy crap.

this is completely different 

these are "adults" who agreed to do this 

that was when the kids had to

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

derick - we thought it would be easier to go sooner rather than later, before THE KIDS START SCHOOL

YES! YES! I heard that and thought - there is hope for a "real" life ....!!!

2 minutes ago, nst said:

this is completely different 

these are "adults" who agreed to do this 

that was when the kids had to

Which I think makes it worse.  This mess was voluntary.

11 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

I think that excuse of a finale has sunk the series. 

One can only hope. The Duggars are desperate, though, since they're asling the leg humpers to beg for another season. Pathetic.

Just now, Dandruff said:

Which I think makes it worse.  This mess was voluntary.

only because this is them "working" 

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Yeah, but he probably meant home school.  I really wish he meant regular school.  I have hope that he'll encourage his kids to get a college education though.

I figured he meant home school as well, but assuming Jill uses her parents' model, she can do that anywhere. So maybe there's hope for Izzy and the younger Dillys.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived