IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

41 minutes ago, Furbabies said:

From the Duggar Family Blog:

Tonight is the season finale of Counting On. TLC has not made any announcements regarding the future of the series, but without support from fans, the show will surely die. 

Let's flood the internet with positive feedback! Here's how you can help: 

1. Post your comments to our blog. 
2. Mention the show on social media using the hashtag #BringtheDuggarsBack.
3. Submit your feedback to TLC. Click here to find out how. 

If you live in the United States or Canada, tune in to Jill & Jessa: Counting On "Israel Meets Spurgeon" tonight at 9pm ET/8pm CT on TLC.If you can't watch live, purchase the episode (or the entire season) on Amazon, iTunes, orGoogle Play.

You've heard us say this before, but your voicematters. Without your feedback, there would be no Counting On. If you want to continue to watch the Duggars on TLC, go ahead and shout it from the rooftops!

Time, again,  to contact TLC and tell them to #throwtheduggarsback.

Wow. Grifters gonna grift. Anything to keep this boring ass shitshow going, right Jim Dog?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick: I've got a big bottle of vodka. What mixes well with it that I can fortify myself with to with stand the imminent onslaught of the recap? :pb_lol:

Jessa sounds very stuffed and nasally in this episode and all I can think is "Oh her and Ben match!"

1 minute ago, Scottie said:

His teeth weren't great when he got married, but they are so much worse now. 

How can you tell? His ginormous beard makes them impossible to see! 

To be fair, Jill's most recent Instagram post shows him looking as if he is no longer flaunting the John the Baptist, locust-eater look these days.

2 minutes ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

Can't believe I'm going throw Jill a bone like this, but she is way less annoying and obnoxious now.  She talks like an adult and has lost the whiny, puppy love voice.  Likely has a lot to do with them being happy still.  She seems to have actually grown up, which is good and a pretty baseline expectation for a mother/adult but good given those kids have been arrested in adolescence.  

I'm really thinking being away from the rest of the family is doing Jill good. *Hopefully* when Jill returns to Duggarville, her eyes are opened enough to see how ass-backward the family is

Quick: I've got a big bottle of vodka. What mixes well with it that I can fortify myself with to with stand the imminent onslaught of the recap? :pb_lol:

Anything. That's the magic of vodka!

1 minute ago, EyeQueue said:

Orange juice or cranberry juice :P

1 minute ago, EyeQueue said:

OJ, lemonade, any juice.... Go.

45 minutes ago, Furbabies said:

From the Duggar Family Blog:

Tonight is the season finale of Counting On. TLC has not made any announcements regarding the future of the series, but without support from fans, the show will surely die. 

Let's flood the internet with positive feedback! Here's how you can help: 

1. Post your comments to our blog. 
2. Mention the show on social media using the hashtag #BringtheDuggarsBack.
3. Submit your feedback to TLC. Click here to find out how. 

If you live in the United States or Canada, tune in to Jill & Jessa: Counting On "Israel Meets Spurgeon" tonight at 9pm ET/8pm CT on TLC.If you can't watch live, purchase the episode (or the entire season) on Amazon, iTunes, orGoogle Play.

You've heard us say this before, but your voicematters. Without your feedback, there would be no Counting On. If you want to continue to watch the Duggars on TLC, go ahead and shout it from the rooftops!

Time, again,  to contact TLC and tell them to #throwtheduggarsback.

(Bolding mine.) Why do I get the picture in my mind of having them throw the Duggars back...into a piranha-infested lake so we never have to see or hear from them again?

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

When it comes to older foster children, all too often it is less about a "good" placement and more about "any" placement.  There are so few homes that are willing to take in older children, and far more children to place.  If they meet the state standards, children will be placed there.  The interesting thing is that almost all if not all states do not allow foster parents to use corporal punishment, so Ben and Jessa will need to learn a new way of parenting from what JB and M did.  

I agree that they are not great fits for foster parents, but for many of those kids, staying in a safe place with two kidults is STILL better than the home they were taken from, where they were completely neglected or in immediate physical or sexual danger.  

And, of all the Duggars, Jessa is the one that has shown a backbone every now and again.  If there is a Duggarling who would take in girls who experienced sexual abuse in their homes and get them real help as a way to heal and give a subtle middle finger to her parents....it's her.  It would also provide her with an outlet for her own emotions while officially sanctioned under a Christian servant veneer.  

And...it would be an effective checkmate for the winner of the Duggar media empire.   

We may just have to agree to disagree on this, because I just do not see them sticking it out as foster parents, so they would be one more attachment disruption rather than a safe haven.

Maybe I'm underestimating the Seewalds, but at least at this stage of life, I just can't see them reacting in a therapeutic and supportive way to a child who gives Spurgeon a black eye, or routinely refers to Jessa as a dumbass fucking bitch, or masturbates in the living room, etc. Not all foster children will do those things, obviously, but they are common behaviors for traumatized children from the system. Compliance and gratitude are not.

I just don't see Jessa and Ben having the wisdom or maturity to handle that type of situation with their limited life experiences and sheltered lifestyle. Again, as I said, I could be very wrong and they might really rise to the challenge... but if they can't, they have the potential to do more harm than good by making promises they can't keep. 

36 minutes ago, zadie said:

Oooohhh jill and Derrick touched hands before they were engaged????? Naughty Naughty!

Well, to be fair at least they didn't have the filthy hawt hand sexxorz like Josh and Anna.

Is it just me or did most of the Duggar kidults just say that they tooootally want to adopt? :my_dodgy:

Jill and Jessa - Now with 90% recycled content! (part 3)

They ride on a bus to an orphanage where they will "get to" meet the children. There are 70 or so there.

Jana - Jill has talked about adopting.

Random brown child's name is sophia.  Apparently she was adopted by Mike shadt from the orphanage.

Jinger - it really touched our hearts, seeing the orphanage sophia came from and all the emotion.

Jessa - It makes you want to cry when you see kids without homes.  I wish I could gather up an armload and take them home. Ben and I want to adopt.  Every time we visit it makes that decision more real for us as soon as posisble.  Jill picks up a newborn.

Jill - most of the kids say they jist want a family.

ZOMG the kids dance and Jer??? JUMPS!

All the J'kids say they want to adopt.  Apparently thats the new duggar line.

Derick speaks to a boy in a wheelchair in spanish.  The boy's face is blurred.

Derick and Jill say they think the next kid will be biological, Jill isnt pregnant.

TH - they got pregnant AFTER they were married "people dont know how to calculate due dates." TAKE THAT INTERNET!

Flashback to Jill telling the family that sh'es prego - joy throwing her bible

Jana - it was really exciting (dog roams behind her)

Jinger - seeinga sister expecting rather than a sister in law is a big change.

Shots of the mansion... childbirth classes etc. Jill's birth plan.

JIll TH - it was a priority to have a homebirth naturally, NO DRUGS, but we understood that if it didnt work out we had a backup plan and thats why we have hospitals.

Shots of the baby shower... 

Jill - I got tired of people saying "you havent had that baby yet?"

Derick - dont call my wife big!

TLC is so desperate for advertisers that we get a 5 minute promo for another TLC show?  I had to check the clock.  I thought the Duggars were finally over and it was already another show.

JIll - a lot of the women around here are broken, they live in mud huts.  Its neat to come alongside them and support them

WTH? Broken because they're brown? Because they live in mudhuts? Way to pay the insufferable ugly 'Murican card, Jill.

Commercials I had:

- tlc

- airbnb

- lightpath

- wwf

I also felt like I saw an entire Sister Wives episode

I'm pleasantly surprised Jill and Derick enjoy each others company...but yes, this show is soooo freaking boring. Something truly shocking needs to happen at the end

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived