IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

19 minutes ago, Kira said:

2. Haven't we heard of other Gothard followers adopting? 

I don´t know if they are real Gothards but Kelly Bate´s mum adopted 2 Kids, hence Kelly has two adopted sisters

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

2 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

So the life-changing announcement is..."We're really thinking about really adopting"?! S-h-h-h-h-i-i-i-i-t. If that is the case I'm going to laugh so hard at TLC.  How many times can they pull this crap? Talk about the Boy that cried Wolf.  So here is my own little prediction:  Jessa and Bin announce that they are thinking about starting the paperwork for an adoption. The family coos in awe over this huuuuuge announcement.  End season.

Season two  starts and......nothing has changed.  Bin and Whatsername still haven't done anything about adopting but they hint all through season two that they are going to do really do something about it!  Also there will be plenty of hints about a courtship but probably nothing will happen with that either.

and this is how they run things 

endless talk and now we see true colors

if you get the right answer what would you like your present to be 

3 minutes ago, vienna said:

I don´t know if they are real Gothards but Kelly Bate´s mum adopted 2 Kids, hence Kelly has two adopted sisters

I may be wrong, but I don't think that Kelly Bates' parents are in ATI/IBLP.

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The connections they curate on social media seem pretty far from healthy adult friendships to me. But of course, your mileage may vary.

the connections they get via social media are leg humpers - those taco people, Sierra, all leg humpers who seem to cultivate their own army oh excuse me children 

remember they are armies 

i can only imagine Jessa and Ben adopting a 4 year old who gives them the side eye 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I don't deserve a thing for guessing the most obvious answer, but I'll be happy to have your friendship, nst.

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I really hope I'm wrong about this. Even if they start the paperwork and plan a home visit, it doesn't mean they would pass. I'm thinking that would be an even bigger black eye for them than a failed courtship in the family, especially with all of the family's talk about adoption. I'm putting it up there with someone (non Duggar, of course) talking about applying for a job, then not getting it. Sure hope I'm right about this part.

On 4/29/2016 at 11:15 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I had to get caught up here while I can before the next 10 days happen.

My son and his fiancee' are on their way home from five states away.  Yippee!!  I finally get to meet my DIL-to-be in person.

That being said -- I need to ask all of you FJ kinfolk for a BIG favor:  I seriously have to curtail the potty mouth/swearing.  Which isn't gonna be easy.  She grew up VERY conservatively (ugh) and wouldn't view it kindly.  Plus, the new in-laws are so conservative Baptist it isn't funny, especially the dad. (Bride actually served two years' hard time at that horrible Pensacola college.) ... But they're not "legalistic" because they wear pants.  (true story) Anyway ... Here's how goofy it gets:

Bride's mom called me to ask where my son should stay while at their home. Because Dad's family "would have a fit if they knew he was sleeping there."  I replied:  1. They're not animals in heat. 2. My son is a gentleman and respects house rules. 3. It's not really any of the family's business where my son sleeps, is it?

Never mind that said son & fiancee' will be staying at his sibling's house for two nights, where said unmarried sibling lives with her man.  (They've been together 5 years.)  And that they're sharing a hotel room tonight whilst on the road.

Same Daddy-o refuses to allow alcohol or dancing at the wedding reception.  Which is unfortunate.  Considering the forced level of polite interaction I'll have with the idiot ex and his bitchy new wife.  *le sigh*

SO - I need suggestions of creative words I can use instead.
Ready. Set. Go!!!

P.S.  LOVED the Jungle Love parody above ^ ^ ^.
P.P.S. Could we please have "Purity Inspector" from ^ ^ ^ as a post count title???

Had to watch my language bigtime when working with developmentally disabled adults. Got a LOT of mileage out of "oh, bullfrogs!" Sometimes it even became "PARALYTIC bullfrogs!"  Staff soon learned to be careful when they heard those phrases...

2 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

aw thank you :D

I really hope I'm wrong about this. Even if they start the paperwork and plan a home visit, it doesn't mean they would pass. I'm thinking that would be an even bigger black eye for them than a failed courtship in the family, especially with all of the family's talk about adoption. I'm putting it up there with someone (non Duggar, of course) talking about applying for a job, then not getting it. Sure hope I'm right about this part.

don't forget Ben is turning 21 in May - things will happen faster 

quick someone tell me when Spurgeon turns 1 lol 

and isn't he 6 months this week 

40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't think Jessa and Ben have the maturity, willingness to learn, or parenting experience necessary to provide adequate care for older foster children. It would certainly be eye-opening for the Seewalds, but I can't wish that on the poor kid they would be inflicted upon.

When it comes to older foster children, all too often it is less about a "good" placement and more about "any" placement.  There are so few homes that are willing to take in older children, and far more children to place.  If they meet the state standards, children will be placed there.  The interesting thing is that almost all if not all states do not allow foster parents to use corporal punishment, so Ben and Jessa will need to learn a new way of parenting from what JB and M did.  

I agree that they are not great fits for foster parents, but for many of those kids, staying in a safe place with two kidults is STILL better than the home they were taken from, where they were completely neglected or in immediate physical or sexual danger.  

And, of all the Duggars, Jessa is the one that has shown a backbone every now and again.  If there is a Duggarling who would take in girls who experienced sexual abuse in their homes and get them real help as a way to heal and give a subtle middle finger to her parents....it's her.  It would also provide her with an outlet for her own emotions while officially sanctioned under a Christian servant veneer.  

And...it would be an effective checkmate for the winner of the Duggar media empire.   

So if Jessa and Ben do the paperwork and do get a home visit (if and when that ever happens), how will the Josh debacle figure into their acceptability? Josh publicly went on TV and admitted what he did. Jessa and Jill went on TV and admitted what had happened (however much they downplayed it). Any adoption agency worth their paycheck will have all the admissions they need to decide that placing a child in Jessa's home, where Josh is welcome, and where Jessa takes the child to where Josh may be, will not be a safe environment for a child. I am not saying that Josh is a danger to any child, but it only takes one time. I would not risk it and I would hope that any adoption agency would not risk it either.

Would the agency even demand, and Jessa agree, that Josh would be no where near the child? I dunno anything about all this adoption business.

ETA: I know, my sentence structure sucks and I don't care....lol

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

There are plenty of orphans right here in the good ol' US of A. I hope they don't go to India or China. It kind of ticked me off when the Arnolds did that, b/c there are plenty of kids w/their particular form of dwarfism right here b/c families unfamiliar w/it can't deal & give them up.

What happened to , "The child has to have his own room...etc." I don't even think B&J even have medical insurance!

I'm pretty sure the Arnolds were on lists in the states, but they said on their show that it's rarer for a child to come up and so were also looking into international adoption.  Will and Zoe came up first.  In fact, I don't think they had gone to pick Will up when they were told about Zoe.  

If we see nothing in this so called 'life changing finale' related to Jana's quote in the first trailer '' I totally didn't see this coming'', then maybe she was just scripted to say that to drum up interest or they did have something like a courtship but it fell through. You would think theres a reason the whole series and these last 2 episodes have relied so much on repetition and old footage. But then again... it's the Duggars and TLC, so who knows.

28 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

So if Jessa and Ben do the paperwork and do get a home visit (if and when that ever happens), how will the Josh debacle figure into their acceptability? Josh publicly went on TV and admitted what he did. Jessa and Jill went on TV and admitted what had happened (however much they downplayed it). Any adoption agency worth their paycheck will have all the admissions they need to decide that placing a child in Jessa's home, where Josh is welcome, and where Jessa takes the child to where Josh may be, will not be a safe environment for a child. I am not saying that Josh is a danger to any child, but it only takes one time. I would not risk it and I would hope that any adoption agency would not risk it either.

Would the agency even demand, and Jessa agree, that Josh would be no where near the child? I dunno anything about all this adoption business.

ETA: I know, my sentence structure sucks and I don't care....lol

My sister and are I both domestic adoptions.  My dad had been married with children prior to marrying my mom and them deciding to adopt.  During the process the social worker assigned to the case interviewed both of my parents separately, interviewed them together, interviewed all close family and friends (this was decided based on a list that my parents provided of who would have access to us and what that relationship would be like). My dad's oldest two kids had a lot of hard feelings about their parents divorce and my dad wanting a "new family" so during their interview they said a lot of things that were not entirely truthful or exaggerated.  This delayed the process by months because every single questionable thing said in an interview had to be reviewed and they had to back check with my parents for details/an explanation.  

All of that to say that any reputable agency would interview everyone/anyone who would have access to the child.  I cannot imagine the process of getting through all of those siblings (and inlays, M kids etc) and not finding something questionable.  My sister, who was 2 at the time they started the process to adopt me, had to be "interviewed" and tell the social worker what they liked about mom/dad and what happens when they are mad.   

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Kira, Gothard is against adoption.  His reasoning is "the sins of the father are visited upon the son" or some such.

They don't tend to be "stick to it" kind of people either. Take the easy way out instead.  When they "walk through" something it never seems like it's a very long walk.

Well, about 2.5 hours until our dear @Buzzard spills the beans. I'm guessing they'll wait until the end of the program to tell us what the life changing moment is. I can hardly wait. (Not). It better be good for Buzzard's sake.

46 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

And, of all the Duggars, Jessa is the one that has shown a backbone every now and again.  If there is a Duggarling who would take in girls who experienced sexual abuse in their homes and get them real help as a way to heal and give a subtle middle finger to her parents....it's her.  It would also provide her with an outlet for her own emotions while officially sanctioned under a Christian servant veneer.

Agree Jessa occasionally shows a backbone, but the thought of her taking in abused girls actually frightens me.  If she didn't get "real" help following her experience(s) with Josh, but thinks she turned out fine, then why would she do better for the girls?  And if she doesn't think she turned out fine, she should be getting effective therapy for herself.

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, about 2.5 hours until our dear @Buzzard spills the beans. I'm guessing they'll wait until the end of the program to tell us what the life changing moment is. I can hardly wait. (Not). It better be good for Buzzard's sake.

@Buzzard deserves good alcohol for this. :beer:

Dear@Buzzard , if you ever find yourself up in my corner of Canada (i.e. The Centre of the Universe), I'll very happily buy you a massive drink.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

1. TLC hasn't said there will be an announcement. TLC is just calling the season finale "life changing". 

2. Why did TLC give them a new show? They could have a done a special. I thought the reason they rushed the new season was because they had something(a courtship or pregnancy). All of this courtship talk is weird. Unless there was a broken courtship and TLC is scrambling for footage.

3. Um... why is it so hard to believe that Jessa and Ben(or the Duggars and Seewalds) have friends who've adopted children?

Hmm, because they are 23 and 20 and in Jessa's case, she has no independent from the Duggar family friends. If they truly existed,  I'm sure we would have heard about these many friends who have adopted long ago.

How many married friends do people their age have?

3 hours ago, Kira said:

1. TLC hasn't said there will be an announcement. TLC is just calling the season finale "life changing". 

2. Why did TLC give them a new show? They could have a done a special. I thought the reason they rushed the new season was because they had something(a courtship or pregnancy). All of this courtship talk is weird. Unless there was a broken courtship and TLC is scrambling for footage.

3. Um... why is it so hard to believe that Jessa and Ben(or the Duggars and Seewalds) have friends who've adopted children?

Wait. Is this true? Everyone is saying there is going to be an announcement.

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Hmm, because they are 23 and 20 and in Jessa's case, she has no independent from the Duggar family friends. If they truly existed,  I'm sure we would have heard about these many friends who have adopted long ago.

How many married friends do people their age have?

are these married friends actual friends or leghumpers like Sierra although Sierra is 26 - yet she was friends with Joy don't forget when she was 12 

own age friends that are married 

they don't exist 

only interesting to a tee bonus scene is Jessa made Ben try on Dericks birthday hat

other than that nada

Ok, guys.  I'm calling it!

Life changing = MICHELLE IS GOING THROUGH MENOPAUSE!

A new season of life!

That'll f'ing do it!  Sure has changed my life... GRRRR

From the Duggar Family Blog:

Tonight is the season finale of Counting On. TLC has not made any announcements regarding the future of the series, but without support from fans, the show will surely die. 

Let's flood the internet with positive feedback! Here's how you can help: 

1. Post your comments to our blog. 
2. Mention the show on social media using the hashtag #BringtheDuggarsBack.
3. Submit your feedback to TLC. Click here to find out how. 

If you live in the United States or Canada, tune in to Jill & Jessa: Counting On "Israel Meets Spurgeon" tonight at 9pm ET/8pm CT on TLC.If you can't watch live, purchase the episode (or the entire season) on Amazon, iTunes, orGoogle Play.

You've heard us say this before, but your voicematters. Without your feedback, there would be no Counting On. If you want to continue to watch the Duggars on TLC, go ahead and shout it from the rooftops!

Time, again,  to contact TLC and tell them to #throwtheduggarsback.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived