IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

Wait.  John Shrader knows urban slang?  Isn't that as dangerous as music with a back beat?

John eez a mon ahv mahny mahny tahlentz, yoo noh?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New here. Hi everyone. 

Does anyone else feel annoyed by the condescending tone with regard to Zambian sense of time? john scoffs at the "I'm coming" with such an arrogant tone. 

If you don't respect the culture you're in why stay there??

25 minutes ago, Freejin said:

John respects no one. He is in Zambia because it is harder to get people to buy him stuff and support his family if he is living in America. He still managed to grift a lot of stuff here, but people quickly tired of supporting a guy who won't keep a job, while in Zambia he can spend his days playing on FB and still get money for being a "missionary". 

I know a lot of people here grew up more connected to the fundy/missionary life than I did. I'm having a hard time understanding how this cocky approach to conversion works. I mean why would anyone submit themselves to his arrogance? And what the heck is with claiming to have converted someone who is already Christian?

3 minutes ago, Freejin said:

And what the heck is with claiming to have converted someone who is already Christian?

They were the wrong type of Christian before. 

But the arrogance and condescension though. Does this really work? Who would allow themselves to be so smugged?

Also, do the people talked about on this site (duggars, Kellers bates, etc) know about it? Do they ever sign on?

1 hour ago, Freejin said:

Also, do the people talked about on this site (duggars, Kellers bates, etc) know about it? Do they ever sign on?

We can only hope so.

Welcome!  

1 hour ago, Freejin said:

But the arrogance and condescension though. Does this really work? Who would allow themselves to be so smugged?

I'm fairly sure that John,in his deepest heart,doesn't really care.  I think he's happy when people agree with him because it reinforces his 'rightness'. He justifies it by telling everybody (&himself ) that he's worried for their eternal souls but I don't actually gives a stuff.  John Schrader's life is the John Schrader Show starring John Schrader. Anybody else is simply a plot device.

9 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

John Shrader knows urban slang?  

There is also a definition from the stock market where it's used to talk about stocks looking like they're going upwards, only to see them crash. My guess is John may have heard it from there, and thinks be using it he's showing off just how smart and intelligent he really is.
If John can't listen to most music because of the back beat, there is no way he could read urban dictionary!

2 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

There is also a definition from the stock market where it's used to talk about stocks looking like they're going upwards, only to see them crash. My guess is John may have heard it from there, and thinks be using it he's showing off just how smart and intelligent he really is.
If John can't listen to most music because of the back beat, there is no way he could read urban dictionary!

A fundie reading Urban Dictionary would be hilarious. They would be convinced the entire world is going to Hell once they know how many sex acts involving poop can be invented.

11 hours ago, Freejin said:

Because it is a Field Ripe for Harvest, of course. :naughty:

Yes, we have quite a collection of examples of John's condescending attitude towards Zambians and Burundians so we can just add time management to the pile. 

9 hours ago, Freejin said:

Plenty of people see the missionaries as objects of amusement and contempt - but they are obviously rich, can be very generous with food and drink, and often bring gifts and hand out perks.  After all, why turn down a free meal even if you do get prayed over?  That is why the "temporary" conversions missionaries like John complain about are so common.  He sees them as African failings - I see them as Africans using common sense.

Esther Shrader is Anna Duggar's sister and the Shraders participated in Keller family reunions while still on deputation.  They also met up with Priscilla and David Waller.  They know about it.

As John has publicly renounced the False Prophet Gothard, it is not clear whether the Kellers, Duggars and Bateses would give him any financial support.  I'll bet he's tried though!

:text-welcomewave: @Freejin

8 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

But understand the stock market ????? Or even some things about it? I doubt that even more than his ability to read an urban dictionary! :my_biggrin:

On 5/29/2016 at 9:29 AM, anjulibai said:

"Guess date"? Does he mean due date? Or do they not use the standard of first day of your period? It's such weird phrasing.

I think a lot of the Trust Birth types use "guess date" as a way to stick it to the medical establishment. That way it doesn't matter how many days or weeks past the due date they go, it was just a guess anyway! The baby isn't actually due, he'll come in his own time. Or rather, in God's time. 

Well now, this is interesting if rather off-topic.

I went down a rabbit-hole following a link on Shrader's face book and found the Reed family, church-planting missionaries to Romania.  They are still on deputation and Daniel Reed is getting impatient.  He's doing all the right things by stopping paid employment and grifting an RV to drive around in asking for cash, so why aren't people coughing up the dough fast enough?  So he put this rant on his Facebook page: 

Forgive me for being a statistics guy, but consider this recent data: Roughly 15,000 independent Baptist churches in America, with an average membership about 50. Average family size: 2.6. Mean household income: $53,650. That makes about $15.5 BILLION passing through our hands annually. If we were giving just 5% to missions, we could fund close to 13,000 of our missionaries. Yet among all the mission boards I can find on Google, there's about 3,000 missionaries, but everybody says there's no more money for missions. Really? So the gospel is worth what, 1% of our collective income?

Are you doing what you can?
We're no more important than any other missionary family, but if you're willing, you can help us out at http://www.r2rom.com

Public Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Reeds2Romania/

Forgive me for being a persnickity gal, but where does young Daniel Reed get his data?  He doesn't say.  He got a bit of push back in the comments with one person saying that their church members didn't make anything like $53K.  Another person took him to task saying, "there are people in this world that is fake so i do believe in giving but we must be lead by the Spirit of God i pray that u have been sent by God but if not God will expose u but i hope ur honest people are hurting some fall for anything so just pray God will deliver He'll send those that will obey & help others because faith without works is dead not being hard but honest."  

Someone has smelled a rat when it comes to IFB Church Planters. Preach it, Pamela B. 

8 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

A fundie reading Urban Dictionary would be hilarious. They would be convinced the entire world is going to Hell once they know how many sex acts involving poop can be invented.

To be fair, Urban Dictionary convinces me the entire world is going to Hell, and I don't even believe in Hell.

Re: Reeds2Romania; I first thought, "Cool!  Someone is starting a woodwind ministry with children in Romania."

On 5/29/2016 at 8:19 AM, formergothardite said:

A common phrase heard here is, "I'm coming."

Yeah, I hear that a lot too. B)

^I would say "That's what she said", but I kind of doubt that's true for fundie women :pb_lol:

19 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

^I would say "That's what she said", but I kind of doubt that's true for fundie women :pb_lol:

Like Jim Gallery, I was waiting for someone to say that.

This Reed fellow wants to go teach others to trust God, but when his plans aren't happening fast enough, it's not possibly because God said it isn't time to go yet. Nope, it's those lazy church members who just don't give enough.

Trust God, but snark at people who won't give you money.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well now, this is interesting if rather off-topic.

I went down a rabbit-hole following a link on Shrader's face book and found the Reed family, church-planting missionaries to Romania.  They are still on deputation and Daniel Reed is getting impatient.  He's doing all the right things by stopping paid employment and grifting an RV to drive around in asking for cash, so why aren't people coughing up the dough fast enough?

Forgive me for being a statistics guy

Then Mr. Statistics Guy goes on to say (twice, he gave this exact same comment to two different people who commented on his post):

That's a difficult spot to be in. The way they figure "mean household income" is that half the households make more and half the households make less than that. Probably more of the givers are in the lower half.

No, you statistical genius you, that would be the median.

6 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

No, you statistical genius you, that would be the median.

They really do not teach basic statistics at the SOTDRT do they?:laughing-rollingred:

2 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Like Jim Gallery, I was waiting for someone to say that.

Stuuuupiiiid phone!  That was supposed to say "Jim Halpert." :pb_rollseyes:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived