IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

Warning: thoughts that would actually make sense for rea and shrader both.

Both of these guys have made an idol out of the KJV Bible, at least in my opinion.  But wouldn't it make sense for them to have a Bible that has been translated into the language of the people who they are trying to reach?  The same goes for the tracts they hand out. I realize they don't speak the language(which is a horse that's been beat to death), but surely they could find a translator for these things! I know that the SBC is really big on getting the Word to people in their heart language. I'd say that they'd have much better success if the people actually understood.

But I guess that all of that would make way to much sense. After all, aren't lives of missionaries supposed to be filled with as much hardship as possible? 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@EmiGirl, I wish I could upvote your post eleventy-hundred times!  Very well put and I completely agree with everything you said.  And, yes, I DO believe they've made an idol out of the KJV, to the point that it stands in the way of them being relevant and effective in their host culture.

Oh, how I wish John Shrader and David Rea would read your post!

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well he isn't going to share his super SPIRITUAL news yet, but he needs prayer that he will speak the truth in love and have agape charity Whatever all that is supposed to mean. FB showdown between him and Rea? It would be awesome. Rea would win. 

JFC, could he be more of a drama queen? Exact words:

I am still looking forward to sharing with you what God is doing in the near future, it's truly amazing, but there's something heavy on my heart right now.

I ask you to SPECIFICALLY PRAY for me, John Shrader, that God will help me to show forth His Indescribable Love.

SPECIFICALLY PRAY FOR ME :pb_rollseyes: I could also point out that on 5/21 he asked his followers to share their prayer needs so that he could pray for them. Since then, he's had a handful of prayer requests for his family and the people of Zambia, but other than that he's shared ONE prayer request for others, a family dealing with a terrible car crash. 

10 minutes ago, elizasc said:

Esther is in labor per Facebook

Was just coming here to say that.  Hope all goes well for her, AND JOHN of course. 
 And I noted on John's FB page that there's political rioting in Kafue that he admits he's been unaware of.  Gee I wonder why...?  :pb_rollseyes:   

<<There is tension and sadly, there has been violence. Kafue, where we live, is mentioned in this article, though I was not aware of the protests/violence that is mentioned.>>

His ignorance of what's going on locally in the town in which he's ministering should speak volumes to his supporters back home and on FB.

I hope that John has a safe and comfortable labor! He's been such a trooper during this whole pregnancy!

according to John in the comments on FB "He's here! Info to follow!"

6 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

His ignorance of what's going on locally in the town in which he's ministering should speak volumes to his supporters back home and on FB.

That well he got people to pay for really has helped him connect to the community, hasn't it? :roll:

If they continue, we should be able to introduce you to our latest "heritage" and "reward" from the Lord in your tomorrow.

This baby really isn't a human being to John. It so clear that his children are just objects to him to collect to show off how godly he is. 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

I hope that John has a safe and comfortable labor! He's been such a trooper during this whole pregnancy!

:pb_lol:  :pb_lol:  :pb_lol:  

It must be very hard for John to be in labor while he's taking a dumpsitting at the computer, flying his imaginary airplanefighting online with Rea, coveting prayers for himself.

The latest wombfruit is Isaiah Kasimpe Shrader, 8 lbs 6 oz and 21.25 inches.

Kasimpe (Kah-seem-pay in Shrader accent) is Tonga for "truth".

Shrader put up pics of all the kids holding the new baby, who seems to be in good shape. There are no pics of Esther but John assures us she is "doing great"!

John didn't announce the birth of a baby he announced the arrival of his "reward".

Our latest "reward" from the Lord.

He is such an asshole. Welcome to the world little Isaiah, Your father is a jerk. 

A common phrase heard here is, "I'm coming."

Yeah, I hear that a lot too.

Sometimes, thought, the phrase is "no, I'm just breathing hard."

they are some cute kids...too bad their sperm donor is an asshole. good luck Isaiah, you're gonna need it

So is anyone else annoyed by the middle name? I'll explain. They aren't doing shit for the people in Zambia as "missionaries" and John isn't even aware of what the hell is going on around him in the country yet he gives his child a Tonga name? It makes me roll my eyes so hard. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So is anyone else annoyed by the middle name? I'll explain. They aren't doing shit for the people in Zambia as "missionaries" and John isn't even aware of what the hell is going on around him in the country yet he gives his child a Tonga name? It makes me roll my eyes so hard. 

Oh, yeah. And the 2014 model is Stephen Lushomo. Shrader constantly refers to the kid as his "African-American" son :pb_confused:

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes me roll my eyes so hard. 

Indeed.  Stick around for more from John Shrader.  Your eyes may roll right out of their sockets!  

I hope Esther is doing well.  Very cute baby, as usual, and it is nice to see the children all safe and sound.  

Decent name, but yeah, this child is an object to Schrader to reinforce his ego. Poor kid. 

BTW, today is Agape's 8th birthday. I hope she got some attention, but I doubt John would remember. 

I think John is either hiding Esther or he ate her.  

You know, the TRUTH is that BIBLICAL husbands are supposed to love their wives as Christ loves the Church.  Also: love your NEIGHBOR as you love YOURSELF.  

Good grief.  I don't know how she does it.  I'm really concerned for her.  Can you imagine being a hard-core fundie wife in another culture? Does she have any close female friends she can visit with and talk to on a more than superficial level?  Does she have anyone she can share her deepest fears, concerns, worries, annoyances, and tears with, besides John while he's staring at his computer screen?

Does John ever gush over her and treat her like a queen?  Does he ever pamper her, let her rest, tell her how beautiful she is or how important she is?  Does he ever serve her or do her favors without expecting praise in return?

Yeah...I think we all know the answers to those questions, unfortunately.

Esther, congratulations on delivering yet another healthy child.  I hope you get plenty of well-deserved rest and that your body recovers quickly.

I also hope John's "seed" production comes to a grinding halt.

He produced a picture of Esther.

Poor Agape didn't want to have to share her birthday with the baby. Probably the one day she might get some attention from her father and be treated special, now she will have to share it. 

Why is he using the words "dearly beloved" constantly? Did he just read that in a book and decide it makes him sound smart? 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Agape' birthday is tomorrow. So she won't have to share.

Oh good, I was thinking it was today. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Why is he using the words "dearly beloved" constantly? Did he just read that in a book and decide it makes him sound smart? 

He thinks it makes him sound like one of the apostles or like Jesus, I suppose.  Do you think he realizes that Jesus didn't actually speak King James English during His earthly ministry?  Do you think He realizes that Jesus is pleased when anyone reads a translation of the Bible that is understood and applicable?

Yea, I fear he understandeth this not, for he yet refuseth to be of a kindred mind with the brethren and "sistren" of the land where he dwelleth.

23 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

He thinks it makes him sound like one of the apostles or like Jesus, I suppose.  Do you think he realizes that Jesus didn't actually speak King James English during His earthly ministry?  Do you think He realizes that Jesus is pleased when anyone reads a translation of the Bible that is understood and applicable?

Yea, I fear he understandeth this not, for he yet refuseth to be of a kindred mind with the brethren and "sistren" of the land where he dwelleth.

Or maybe it's one of A W Tozer's favourite greetings? I can see John mimicking him, or any one of the other old time preachers he likes to quote ad nauseum.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Agape' birthday is tomorrow. So she won't have to share.

Ooops, I had it entered wrong. Glad she won't have to share!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived