IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 3

Coconut Flan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The Cessna made an undocumented flight to Gladewater, Texas at some point, and returned to Springdale late last night. You may recall that Gladewater is very close to Big Sandy. 

Screen Shot 02-01-17 at 07.04 AM.PNG

I thought I had signed up for alerts for the new plane, but I was mistaken. I'll have flight info on that plane up shortly.

Here is the registration for the Mitsubishi, which tells us it has ten seats. Big stuff!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 02-01-17 at 07.20 AM.PNG

JD Our pilot has been staying local, taking the new plane for spins around Springdale on January 21 and 25.

Screen Shot 02-01-17 at 07.22 AM.PNGScreen Shot 02-01-17 at 07.23 AM.PNG

I did a quick search and this came up - looks like this may be where the wilsons live (the wilsons who helped build the duggars house, and, if i'm remembering correctly, the bates renovation as well?): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/210664323/

what are the ages of their children? is a courtship in the works??

I found a comment from March of 2014 that listed the ages three of the Wilson kids:

Leah 30(33/34) Lana 22(25/26 and Luke 20(23/24). I think they have other kids that are courting age.

I think Clark Wilson, their father, has cancer(?)

Who in Mississippi is getting married? Per a facebook post, a woman said she met a few of the Duggars at a wedding today. That woman plus the people she tagged in the post all live there.  There's a pic of her with Jana and then Michelle.

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

Who in Mississippi is getting married? Per a facebook post, a woman said she met a few of the Duggars at a wedding today. That woman plus the people she tagged in the post all live there.  There's a pic of her with Jana and then Michelle.

Can you post a link to the pic?

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

Got it - Lana Wilson from the Wilson clan (very longtime friends of the Duggars) was set to get married today February 4th to James Weeks. Here is their wedding registry: https://www.amazingregistry.com/wedding-registry/james-weeks/lana-wilson/registry.ashx?a=93422317

Just tracked the flight. They are currently on their way back to Springdale AR and are set to land in 18 min. I would imagine they would want to get home ASAP since Jessa might pop and minute now! 

8 minutes ago, halcionne said:

The plane is headed back now; due to land in about 20 minutes. I'll put up screenshots then.

haha you beat me by 2 seconds!

3 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Just tracked the flight. They are currently on their way back to Springdale AR and are set to land in 18 min. I would imagine they would want to get home ASAP since Jessa might pop and minute now! Does anyone know what type of plane it is?

haha you beat me by 2 seconds!

It's a 1976 Mitsubishi MU-2 that seats ten. You can look at the registration on Flight Aware (or on page 9 of this thread).

We need to come up with a nickname for it, because I don't like having to type out "Mitsubishi" every time. :pb_lol:

14 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@halcionne You could just call it "Mitzi" .......for short. Ha. 

I wonder how much something like that costs. Course it is older. 

I went looking for an approximate value (didn't find it) and found the classified ad for the plane. http://www.tumblesonav.com/planes/1976-mitsubishi-mu-2b-36-mu-2n-sn-692-n869p/

20 hours ago, halcionne said:

It's a 1976 Mitsubishi MU-2 that seats ten. You can look at the registration on Flight Aware (or on page 9 of this thread).

We need to come up with a nickname for it, because I don't like having to type out "Mitsubishi" every time. :pb_lol:

How about Mitzi? ( I guess I'm a little late on this)  A female plane, carrying 10 (only 1/2 of what MEchelle did) , with a servant's heart (taking care of the travel needs of the Duggars), and roomy inside. LOL

1 hour ago, Jiraffe said:

Looks like this is the same idea and sold for $435,000... http://www.air1st.com/aircraft-sales/70-1978-mu-2b-26a-s-n-374sa-n122ck.html

Is 39 years...old for a plane? I'm terrified of flying and I would rather not know how old my plane is when I do need to travel, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. 

Buy used and save the difference is not the philosophy id want for airplanes. 

This issue hit Allegiant airlines, a low cost airliner. They are very low cost because they purchase old aircrafts and do very little to maintain them. Their average plane is 22 years old. 

http://www.craveonline.com/mandatory/1202377-allegiant-air-flights-apparently-four-times-likely-fail-mid-flight-airlines

I flew to Pheonix on this airline and it was the worst air experience of my life. I no longer look forward to flights, and now take a sedative to help me get through a flight.

I worry about this with the Duggars and their old planes. I'll admit I don't know a lot about aircraft (and their plane is certainly different than the larger ones we fly on) but I really doubt they are keeping these in tip top shape and even if so, flying a 1976 plane in 2017 just doesn't seem like a good idea. :my_confused:

Oh wow, yes it is a 1976 instead of '78, I missed that somehow. So 41 years old. Nope nope nope. I don't know anything about planes but that freaks me out. 

Agreed that they likely don't take proper care of the planes. My dad took a ride on a restored WWII plane, but that thing is more babied than my car, it's maintained literally daily. I just don't see the Duggars taking that much care. 

And holy wow...never flying Allegiant. That is scary. 

On 06/02/2017 at 7:20 AM, Jiraffe said:

Is 39 years...old for a plane? I'm terrified of flying and I would rather not know how old my plane is when I do need to travel, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. 

I am thinking this exact same thing as well. Although thinking about it, Tiger Airways in Australia flies all ex Ansett planes (they went bust in 2002) meaning the planes are at least 14 years old; I'm not sure when they bought their last planes but there definitely have to be ones that are at least 20 years old. 

Also, I drive a 13 yo Mitsubishi car which I look after well and regularly service, but even it's dated, noisy and rickety...

On February 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

I am thinking this exact same thing as well. Although thinking about it, Tiger Airways in Australia flies all ex Ansett planes (they went bust in 2002) meaning the planes are at least 14 years old; I'm not sure when they bought their last planes but there definitely have to be ones that are at least 20 years old. 

Also, I drive a 13 yo Mitsubishi car which I look after well and regularly service, but even it's dated, noisy and rickety...

I think it all depends on how well maintained the plane is. The seaplanes that are flown in my area are de Havilland Beavers.  The production of Beavers ended in 1967, so they're really old. Still, they fly passengers every day, with very few incidents. 

• 2 weeks later...

There was a flight this morning that I observed in real time on Flight Aware but then forgot to post here. I noticed the Mitsubishi is called "MU2" on Flight Aware, so that's what I'll call it, too.

Screen Shot 02-18-17 at 05.48 PM.PNG

The MU2 first flew to Mena, AR in Polk County. That flight was originally documented on FA, but it vanished from before my eyes while I was looking at it. :confusion-shrug: The flight path still can be seen above.

No idea what or who is in Mena/Polk County; it's 150 miles south of Springdale (and 50 miles north of De Queen, fwiw).

The plane then continued on to Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and is there now.

Mena might be one of those spots that has cheap fuel.  I know there are a few places in that area in OK that has cheap fuel.  Mena is also a pain in the arse to get to so if I had the means to fly there I would over driving.

Archived