IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 3

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

So I have been a member for 6+ months, where would I find that section or would I need to get my membership updated as well?

I was wondering the same thing. I may not have 75 posts but I've been on here since 2012.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

So I have been a member for 6+ months, where would I find that section or would I need to get my membership updated as well?

1 hour ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I was wondering the same thing. I may not have 75 posts but I've been on here since 2012.

I thought there was a thread where you could make these requests in the tech forum, but I can't find it. Anyone who can't see AYTFJ and has been a member >6 months needs to get hold of a helpmeet. IIRC they are working on the problem, but it basically requires them to make the changes manually, which is time consuming. I believe I've seen them say they will do it for everyone eventually, but if you give them a heads up, they will do yours right away. The easiest way to contact a helpmeet is to report a post,(any post--this one will do) and explain your situation in the comment field.

*I'm not a helpmeet and I could be wrong about this. Apologies if I've given bad information*

When I read the update late last night that they have gone private or blocked the info to the public, I thought 'Oh no' !!!!

I always found this thread fascinating, watching the plane coming and going, and reading the speculation about what they might be up to, or who might they know to visit in that area etc. When I started reading FJ again (after a long long break) around the time Jill was due to give birth, it blew my mind that the Duggar family have their own private plane, or two! 

From their point of view, it would make sense to go private, but I am surprised they didn't make this move long before now. Especially when all the scandals came out and media went crazy.

Since there have been a few articles about their plane lately, that probably freaked them out a bit.  Not sure it was us specifically.

The thread in AYTFJ is locked, so there's no need to get all riled up about accessing it. We have a couple of decisions we need to make before this can all be resolved. Please be patient.

1) please do not report your posts asking for AYTFJ access. More will be shared on this later today.

2) the thread in aytfj is locked while helpmeets discuss it so you are not missing anything.

1 hour ago, cbauer357 said:

Does anyone else here use FlightRadar24? You may need a membership for details, but I used to use it all the time.

Yeah, I believe you are correct. I've seen paths for flights on there for tail numbers that are "private" on FA... just not the supporting details.

Do you think there is a chance they were advised by their attorney to go private?  In my opinion it stayed public because as long as tabloids are speculating, their name is in the news...very convenient way to drum up interest in a show without sponsors.  The show is over and we know where the Dillard's are vacationing.  Now, any speculation is about Josh and the lawsuit and the attorney might not want to have to deal with the dog and pony show or broadcast any trips dealing with court dates/appearances in the future.

2 hours ago, djmd said:

Yeah, I believe you are correct. I've seen paths for flights on there for tail numbers that are "private" on FA... just not the supporting details.

FYI, if the flight doesn't show up on flightaware, it is no longer OK to post. There are sites that may still track the plane, but they are using a loophole, and as such, are not permitted to be posted. As long as the Duggars intend their flying to be private (as evidenced by the flight not being available on FlightAware), we at FJ will honour that.

11 hours ago, Destiny said:

1) please do not report your posts asking for AYTFJ access. More will be shared on this later today.

2) the thread in aytfj is locked while helpmeets discuss it so you are not missing anything.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

On 5 January 2016 at 1:27 AM, Flyinthesoup said:

I appreciate everything you shared, thank you!  I agree with everything you stated, and was shocked when I read the bolded.  It never occurred to me they would be enrolling 'students', but that makes perfect sense!  

i think enrolling someone at RU to get a story is immoral (and possibly illegal) but was thinking about how things like Lindsay Lohan's "rehab sex list" got leaked (see http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20808096,00.html). While i think it might be trickier for journos to "fake" their way into get into true medical rehabs (due to the requirements of medical work ups and preadmission testing, medical referrals etc) it would be really easy to get into RU... The "application" material on the RU website is incredibly basic (http://ruhomes.org/apply-now) though there may be further screening - again, easy to fake given RU are proud there are no doctors on staff. 

And the cost of paying for a journo to go undercover there would be nothing compared to the commercial benefit to the first tabloid that gets the story...

ETA: I once represented a small time drug dealer pro bono... he would check himself into NHS-style free drug rehabs or go to AA/NA in order to get new "customer contacts"... The tabloid press wouldn't be the first person to abuse rehab for their own nefarious purposes...

On 1/6/2016 at 8:10 PM, halcionne said:

I thought there was a thread where you could make these requests in the tech forum, but I can't find it. Anyone who can't see AYTFJ and has been a member >6 months needs to get hold of a helpmeet. IIRC they are working on the problem, but it basically requires them to make the changes manually, which is time consuming. I believe I've seen them say they will do it for everyone eventually, but if you give them a heads up, they will do yours right away. The easiest way to contact a helpmeet is to report a post,(any post--this one will do) and explain your situation in the comment field.

*I'm not a helpmeet and I could be wrong about this. Apologies if I've given bad information*

As per this thread, I think the answer at this time is "not now, but maybe later."

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/25343-almost-4-years-75-posts/

It's irrelevant for purposes of this thread anyway, as the AYTFJ thread on this topic was closed down. Please see the sticky post in this forum from Happy Atheist from yesterday for further information. I would link it but I'm on my phone.

On 1/6/2016 at 4:00 PM, Destiny said:

FYI, if the flight doesn't show up on flightaware, it is no longer OK to post. There are sites that may still track the plane, but they are using a loophole, and as such, are not permitted to be posted. As long as the Duggars intend their flying to be private (as evidenced by the flight not being available on FlightAware), we at FJ will honour that.

Are we still allowed to post in this thread, even if we can't track the plane?  I was just coming here to say, I miss viewing the flight tracking on the plane.  I can envision a trip or two between Springdale and Rockford before tomorrow....it's killing me not being able to see! :P  Tomorrow is the 11th.........

34 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Yes, you can still use this thread.  You can post anything that is public information.  For tracking flights, that means flilghtaware.    You can do whatever you want on your own time.  If you want to go give Josh flowers at the airport that is your business.   You just can't post about that type of interaction here.

If the Duggars are at a public event (book signing, conference etc) and you meet them you can post about your interaction with them in as much detail as you would like.

I kind of liked knowing where the plane went and for how long. I live too far away to stalk the airport, and the closest, BWI, is WAAY too large for me to try to find one small plane.. and I dont' think the Duggars have flown to that area anyway.

Not Duggar related, but having been introduced to Flightaware thru here, I have now spent 2 hours down the rabbit hole looking up my local, very small, airport.  Really kind of interesting :)  I may take a ride down there on my day off to watch some planes.  This from a woman who has never flown!

14 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I kind of liked knowing where the plane went and for how long. I live too far away to stalk the airport, and the closest, BWI, is WAAY too large for me to try to find one small plane.. and I dont' think the Duggars have flown to that area anyway.

Private planes at BWI would use a flight service, such as Signature. BWI has separate runways for private aircraft. Those private areas are on the east side of the airport on the airport loop (kinda near wear the police barracks are). You wouldn't be able to there anyway, it's private property and you just can't "hang out" in that terminal or even outside the gated area. You need to either work there or have a legitimate reason to be there. I don't see the Duggar's coming to BWI for any reason. What is kinda cool about the tracking sites, like FlightRadar24, is sometimes, you can point your phone at an aircraft in flight and it will tell you what flight it is... I think FlightAware can do that as well, but not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, gustava said:
9 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I miss knowing that my little JD got out and about. 

Me too.

Me too. I miss this thread :(

Archived