IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 3

Coconut Flan

On 2/5/2017 at 8:29 PM, Suz8710 said:

This issue hit Allegiant airlines, a low cost airliner. They are very low cost because they purchase old aircrafts and do very little to maintain them. Their average plane is 22 years old. 

http://www.craveonline.com/mandatory/1202377-allegiant-air-flights-apparently-four-times-likely-fail-mid-flight-airlines

I flew to Pheonix on this airline and it was the worst air experience of my life. I no longer look forward to flights, and now take a sedative to help me get through a flight.

I worry about this with the Duggars and their old planes. I'll admit I don't know a lot about aircraft (and their plane is certainly different than the larger ones we fly on) but I really doubt they are keeping these in tip top shape and even if so, flying a 1976 plane in 2017 just doesn't seem like a good idea. :my_confused:

Yeah fuck that. It's all fun and games until you lose a tire during take off and have to do an emergency landing, and the runway is lined with fire trucks......but strangely  or maybe not so strangely, only one ambulance. (Mexicana Air when I was nine)

Harrison Ford may lose his pilots liscense after coming way too close to a commercial airline taking off.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/audio-of-harrison-fords-close-call-with-a-passenger-plane-released/news-story/88f1cd922ea6819beda1bcdde0f2d75d

This is a few years after he actually crashed his plane.

Those old planes are called 'vintage' by the way.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MU2 has returned to home base.

Screen Shot 02-18-17 at 11.42 PM 001.PNG

You'll notice on the activity log that they're now headed to Tulsa. It's been a long day for our pilot.

7 hours ago, halcionne said:

The MU2 first flew to Mena, AR in Polk County. That flight was originally documented on FA, but it vanished from before my eyes while I was looking at it. :confusion-shrug: The flight path still can be seen above.

No idea what or who is in Mena/Polk County; it's 150 miles south of Springdale (and 50 miles north of De Queen, fwiw).

I KNEW the Mena Airport sounded familiar.
It was a reputed CIA drug drop in the late 80's.  It supposedly involved Bill Clinton and all 3 Bushes.  Big scandal at the time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mena_Intermountain_Municipal_Airport

Interesting stuff, and never truly proven though.

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

The MU2 has returned to home base.

Screen Shot 02-18-17 at 11.42 PM 001.PNG

You'll notice on the activity log that they're now headed to Tulsa. It's been a long day for our pilot.

Tulsa? as in Hanson-Tulsa? :-) I know the Hanson family is very religious too and have a lot of children. Do you think they are in contact with them? Any more of the 7 Hanson children at courting age, right now? Mabye for Josiah, Jed and Jer?

Tulsa flight:

Screen Shot 02-19-17 at 07.26 AM.PNG

So here is (presumably) John David's day yesterday:

1pm -- depart Springdale Municipal

2pm -- arrive in and depart Mena

4pm -- arrive at Hattiesburg

11:30pm -- depart Hattiesburg

1am -- arrive at Springdale

2am -- depart Springdale and arrive at Tulsa (twenty minute flight)

Tulsa to Mena:

Screen Shot 02-19-17 at 01.00 PM.PNG

So, did JD get hired to fly someone from Mena to Hattiesburg and Tulsa? Or is Mena where the cheap fuel is, like a previous poster suggested? :think:

Well Mena isn't cheap fuel.  I did a little digging and Mena is more expensive than other places in Arkansas but it is slightly cheaper than Springdale.  Tulsa on the other hand is almost a dollar cheaper per gallon.  

21 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Tulsa? as in Hanson-Tulsa? :-) I know the Hanson family is very religious too and have a lot of children. Do you think they are in contact with them? Any more of the 7 Hanson children at courting age, right now? Mabye for Josiah, Jed and Jer?

Ok, so I had to look it up, I'm sorry, haha. their sister's ages are: Jessica 28/29, Avery 26/27, Zoe 18/19. So at least two of them could be a match for a Duggar boy. I'm not sure, but I thought I saw a picture online of at least of them being already married. They also tend to get married at an earlier than average age. So could there still be  a possibility of a courtship going on between a Hanson and a Duggar?

There's a fundie (owned? friendly? idk) flight school in Hattiesburg. Nathan Bates was seen there on an episode of BUB.

When you say Hanson, do you mean MMMBop Hansons? Sorry if I am totally off track, maybe there is a fundie Hanson family too. 

41 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

When you say Hanson, do you mean MMMBop Hansons? Sorry if I am totally off track, maybe there is a fundie Hanson family too. 

No, I really do mean the MMMBop Hansons. I thought they were pretty fundie, too.

10 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Hanson was fundie? That mmmbreaks my heart 

I'm laughing out loud. My sister and I are pretend-obsessed with Hanson. I remember them being very popular among our homeschool friends when we were little because they were the homeschool boy band.

I had no idea they were fundies. I figured they homeschooled like a lot of famous kids just because it was expedient for their celebrity schedules, or whatever...

5 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Thank you @eveandadam  I had no idea they were fundies too. Now I have got that song stuck in my head.

I just assume they are/were fundie because of their music (content) and their family circumstances ( 7 siblings in total). I think at one point they said they were raised very religious. Taylor got married at 18 to a girl he got pregnant. They all got married pretty young and have 12 children among them. Keep in mind they are only their early 30's.

@OyToTheVey whoops , I wanted to write pretty much the same.

I was a huge Hanson fan back in the day, and I will admit that I still occasionally enjoy some of their music (Taylor grew up kind of hot!).  They're definitely pretty religious, but I don't think they're Duggar-level of fundie or anything.  They have their own beer,  which is rather delightfully called Mmmhops.

http://www.hansonbrothersbeer.com/home.html

Aren't there brands of fundies who dance/listen to rock/pop/country music , e.g. at purity balls, and drink alcohol?

Maybe they are very fundie in other ways than the Duggars. Given the circumstances (homeschooling, having loads of children, probably not using bc?, and the content of their music, admitting they are christians, I would still think they are some kind of fundie. Of course I'm not from the U.S., but are there any people who tick all these boxes above and are NOT fundie?

Wow...u all have shocked me again with this one. I remember when the band was popular. Had NO idea they were fundie. Well  I guess they would be considered "hip" fundies.

I'm still a Hanson supporter and they are far from fundie. They did get married early but Taylor's girlfriend was already pregnant at the time. He's also the only one with 5 kids, the other 2 have 3 each. They are very artsy and worldly through their music and never post or share anything religious but are actually very involved in local charities. Some of their siblings also went to college. On election day Taylor posted a picture and that he voted in a way that he thinks will benefit his little daughter, there is not an ounce of fundie in them IMO. It's possible that their parents were pretty conservative but the younger ones are not.

Pretty sure they'd be disgusted by the Duggars.

I've heard the same thing about the Hanson's.  The son's have said that their father is much more conservative than they are, and that much of the things said about them when they were younger was exaggerated and often put out by their father.  Supposedly, the purity ring thing happened, but the boys went along with it out respect for their parents, not so much because it matched their own beliefs.  Now that they're grown, they seem on the whole to identify as Christians, with a slight lean toward Conservative.  I get the impression that as individuals, they don't agree on all points, but respect their differences instead of fighting over them.  They have a longstanding record of doing charitable work.  They seem like pretty decent guys.

Archived