IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

They could just call Smuggar and co for their birthing plan - men nap while women birth on the shitter. I can see Smugs and Boob trying to finangle TLC into a special where Jill stands by and watches it.

Can you imagine how scary that must be? Hey, you're carrying our first child, let's televise it and do it in the bathroom while your brother in law and sister watch!

Jill can coach Priscilla on the best position to labour in while Josh coaches David on the best way to nap whilst drowning out your wife's agonized screams.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tangentially related to David: Robert and Kendalyn are expecting a "new little blessing" September 30.

They both are really cute people, I just can't get any kind of romantic chemistry coming off of them. I'm glad they're doing well as well, though. I do worry for Pris in the future.

Tangentially related to David: Robert and Kendalyn are expecting a "new little blessing" September 30.

2.0 infact.

She's got one of those twirly scarves that I trying to find a knitting pattern for.

Thread jack, but good luck! They do look seriously cool.

I wonder if David read this thread and now made us some "no we aren't already worn out! look how deep our love is" pictures.

Well, nothing to add, you guys already said everything!

Thread jack, but good luck! They do look seriously cool.

To continue the thread jack, if you find a good pattern will you put it up in the hobby forum? I thought I had one and tried to knock out a quick scarf for a present around Christmas and it just didn't turn out. I should have taken a picture to put up in the craft fail thread.

To continue the thread jack, if you find a good pattern will you put it up in the hobby forum? I thought I had one and tried to knock out a quick scarf for a present around Christmas and it just didn't turn out. I should have taken a picture to put up in the craft fail thread.

Note made and I sure will. Still looking and when I find one, I will start it first to see if it's turning out OK before posting.

Here endeth the thread jack.

Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow

That is just creepy to me. I may have watched too many TV shows because that sounds like I'm bleeding out... Yep, soon I'll have lost too much blood and when they find my body some cop is going to start looking into vampirism as a cause of death. :twisted:

They both are really cute people, I just can't get any kind of romantic chemistry coming off of them. I'm glad they're doing well as well, though. I do worry for Pris in the future.

I don't know if David is gay. I can't even begin to guess at how he's been raised and how he's been trained to speak and pose. That said, he seems to have nothing in common with Priscilla other than their shared love of Jesus. And that's what's so fucked up about these courtships - there's the assumption that love of Jesus + opposite sex = perfect marriage.

if you do that,imo, you are seriously over thinking and need some perspective. snow is white. you can't get much whiter than clean new snow. hence the snow equals cleaness, purity etc.

Guest Anonymous
Lots of people change "white as snow" to "bright as snow" to avoid racial implications.

if you do that,imo, you are seriously over thinking and need some perspective. snow is white. you can't get much whiter than clean new snow. hence the snow equals cleaness, purity etc.

It's the idea that white=good and pure, black=dirty and sinful that people have a problem with.

I think that the hymn is based on the verses in the book of Isaiah, which contrasts "white as snow" purity with "scarlet as blood" sin:

“Come now, let us settle the matter,â€

says the Lord.

“Though your sins are like scarlet,

they shall be as white as snow;

though they are red as crimson,

they shall be like wool.

But, in a modern culture where white=good and black=bad is commonly seen in so many forms of literature and film, I don't think it is overthinking it at all to change a hymn's words slightly to be culturally sensitive in the time it is being sung. Honestly, it makes a refreshing change to hear of churches that actually take time to think at all about the impact that their words can have on the real live members of their congregations.

Playing in the snow is the " most fun Priscilla has ever been in in her life"? That's sad on so many levels.

As a kid, I was always repelled/fascinated by all the hymns about the blood of Jesus.

Now I must excuse myself and go to the ladies room, because its that time of the month and "Oh! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow;" : )

Me too. The best/worst one is "There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood" which, as images go, is sort of metal if you think about it: cyberhymnal.org/htm/t/f/tfountfb.htm :character-beavisbutthead:

Also glad to see I'm not the only one whose mind immediately said "PERIOD" upon reading "precious is the flow."

As a PMS-ing woman (TMI, so sorry) I cringed when I read David's post yesterday. Anything containing the words "flow" and "blood" is going to automatically conjure up menstrual wafting for me.

ETA: Savoring Samasara, that is...bloody awful. ;-)

I remember being in a church as a kid, singing along with the Methodist hymnal and thinking "Thank you, but I absolutely DO NOT want to be "washed in the blood of the Lamb"" Ewwww...

PS But wouldn't those hymn lyrics make a super-creepy addition to lil' Pecannette's sheep-themed nursery?

Playing in the snow is the " most fun Priscilla has ever been in in her life"? That's sad on so many levels.

Priscilla is from Florida and is not used to snow and this was the most she has ever been in in her life.

Not fun, snow

As a teenager I always thought how angry my parents would have been to discover I had the child of god growing in me.

I left them a comment on their blog, saying "What gay day you seemed to be having in the snow!" but Davey did a Stevie Maxwell and edited the comment to "what a wonderful day"

The Oxford English Dictionary states: "2 dated light-hearted and carefree: Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face

:naughty: :naughty: Davey . Altering what other people write is thus telling a lie, i.e SIN, just like stealing pecans. Something to think about Davey.

I left them a comment on their blog, saying "What gay day you seemed to be having in the snow!" but Davey did a Stevie Maxwell and edited the comment to "what a wonderful day"

The Oxford English Dictionary states: "2 dated light-hearted and carefree: Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face

In Davey's defense, he didn't grow up hearing the Flintstones' theme song. But it sure looks like he and Pris had a gay old time in the snow.

I'm surprised he posted the comment at all; you'd think his fear of the word would have made him suspicious of your intentions.

Archived