IGNORED

Littlest Pecan Thief: Priscilla & David Waller's Baby

happy atheist

Hmpf. We did honestly want to know about that scarf. It's a nice one. :?:

Yep, when I posted about it, it was an honest question plus I mentioned that I liked it. The post overall was pretty complimentary and positive, so I was surprised that it was deleted.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, when I posted about it, it was an honest question plus I mentioned that I liked it. The post overall was pretty complimentary and positive, so I was surprised that it was deleted.

I think he is jealous that people commented on the scarf by said nothing about his outfit.

I think he is jealous that people commented on the scarf by said nothing about his outfit.

I actually complimented on both of them wearing a bright color that contrasted with the outdoors for the photo shoot. So I did sort of saying something about what he was wearing but that didn't count.

Yes, they do have them in their shop. They are under priced for the amount of work that goes into a hand knit or hand crochet item. People that under price their items frustrate me. It furthers the idea that hand crafted items dont take a lot of time or effort. Their hand sewn items are also under price. They should pay themselves in accordance to the amount of time they put into making the item plus the amount it cost for the materials.

Bolding mine. It gets to me as well. There's a lot of people out there that make the assumption that handmade items can just be whipped up quickly, as if the person just waves a magic wand and there it is, no biggie. There have been times that I have been asked to make something and what I would charge. More often than not, people looked shocked when I tell them a price that reflects my time, effort and cost of materials. In fact, they think I am trying to rip them off.

I also noticed that the Seven Sisters's items are underpriced. But so typical that a fundy woman's products are undervalued!! I'm sure Daddy just wants them to think of their Etsy shop as a little bitty hobby, not a real "business." I've noticed that they've actually sold quite a few things in the last few years.

Why do they want their children to grow up like 'dumb animals'?

Because a meek, dumb animal is totally easy to control.

The Lord is not my shepherd, since I'm not a sheep. One of my fave quotes.

Well this is interesting, my post is showing there now. :think: When I first posted, it was awaiting moderation, then I looked again last night it was gone. Checked twice to be sure. But it's there now and David responded to my question about the scarf. Priscilla received it while they were traveling in Europe so it must have been a gift.

Maybe at the time I checked last night, the post was temporarily taken down for a response?

Yes, they do have them in their shop. They are under priced for the amount of work that goes into a hand knit or hand crochet item. People that under price their items frustrate me. It furthers the idea that hand crafted items dont take a lot of time or effort. Their hand sewn items are also under price. They should pay themselves in accordance to the amount of time they put into making the item plus the amount it cost for the materials.

I don't sew or knit or crochet, so I'm clueless. How much do you think they should charge for their scarves? Does their stuff look well-made?

I don't sew or knit or crochet, so I'm clueless. How much do you think they should charge for their scarves? Does their stuff look well-made?

The Seven Sisters are using that ruffle or frill yarn. You can usually find it on sale for around $3 a skein. It knits up fast so let’s say that it takes you 4 hours to knit one scarf. Using the U.S. federal minimum wage of $7.25 hr, labor would be $29.00. So the minimum that should be charged for that scarf is $32.00 They are selling it for $20.00

The scarf that Priscilla is wearing is made with regular yarn and is a bit more labor intensive. I can usually knit one of those up in couple of evenings; best estimate would be 8-10 hours. At 8 hours, the cost of labor would be $58. On a scarf like that, most knitters wouldn't use cheap acrylic but would probably splurge a bit on a luxury yarn. I like to use alpaca and I can sometimes find it for $10 a skein. So the minimum I would charge for a scarf like that would be $68.00 I have seen them on Etsy for as little as $15.00

Hope this helps.

I wonder if baby Pecan will come in the next day or two in the hopes of directing attention from Smuggly.

I wonder if baby Pecan will come in the next day or two in the hopes of directing attention from Smuggly.

If baby's first act is against Josh's attention-seeking ways, it sets an impossible precedent for his life.

What really sucks is that we've become so spoiled by smuggles and his instagram addiction. We likely wont know if the pecan thief in the night arrives until after his flesh has been seen.

I doubt it will be too long. They announced the pregnancy in a YouTube clip before the pee stick was even dry. They may not be very social network savvy, but they're famewhores just like Uncle Smuggar.

I doubt it will be too long. They announced the pregnancy in a YouTube clip before the pee stick was even dry. They may not be very social network savvy, but they're famewhores just like Uncle Smuggar.

Surely Uncle Smuggar will be there holding the camera for the first instagram piccy - or will he be in the photo with little Pecan/Pecanne with someone else being photographer?

It really wouldnt be hard to take the shuttle from LGA to chicago... I'm sure the J'slaves would bring the M'kids back to the TTH for them.

Baby Waller is going to make a great video sermon prop. I'm eager to see how soon David incorporates the infant into one.

Surely Uncle Smuggar will be there holding the camera for the first instagram piccy - or will he be in the photo with little Pecan/Pecanne with someone else being photographer?

It will be a selfie of him with the baby in the background. He will be making a thumbs up sign. They will be at Chick-Fil-A. Just hours after the birth. Have to get that boy away from the wimmenz and show him how real Quiverfull men act.

From the comments on their first video, David & Priscilla say Hello:

George Guut 3 months ago

These two look, talk, and (I believe) think like a prince and a princess in the Kingdom of Jesus, the King of kings. I think Bill Gothard's crown in heaven must be bigger than the galaxy. He himself didn't get married, but these two are profiting from his labour. May God bless them and keep them, make His Face to shine upon them and be gracious unto them. May God give them peace, in the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

OMG. Barf.

From the comments on their first video, David & Priscilla say Hello:

OMG. Barf.

To be honest that comment pings my trolldar. It made me lol.

Currently confessing to waching the 19KAC marathon. I'll let you take a moment to judge me on that one.

So....

When Davie and Prissy visit the Duggars he's wearing the shirt!!!!

They matched the scarf to his shirt!!!! Ahahahaha!!

We're four days past the "due date." Poor little Pecan is scared to come out, and who could blame him?

We're four days past the "due date." Poor little Pecan is scared to come out, and who could blame him?

Sure, he's already been made part of the pecan heist. Babies can sin in utero you know.

Archived