IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

30 minutes ago, Feministe9000 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/26/bringing-up-bates-star-lawson-bates-paves-his-own-way-in-country-music.html

Has anyone seen this? I found it on the keepingupwithfundies tumblr this morning.

this article claims that Lawson "moved to Nashville at age 19" which is total bulls***

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

this article claims that Lawson "moved to Nashville at age 19" which is total bulls***

Exactly!

Just a bold-faced lie. But then again, it's Fox News, not exactly stellar journalistic qualities in the first place.....also i'm sure Gil and Kelly realized it sounds weird and strange for Lawson to still be confined to Rocky Top, escaping on his little trips to Nashville to record with sleeveless shirt and mini skirt wearing Emily Aaaaaaannn, or going to play at a church for free a few hours away.....

*sigh*

So now that Faux News gave him a platform even more people will find out how lacking in talent he really is? 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm pretty sure Lawson was still supporting Gill and Kill errrr Kelly at 19. Could be wrong though. 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm pretty sure Lawson was still supporting Gill and Kill at 19. Could be wrong though. 

He was definitely buying all the groceries while he was still a minor.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't look underfed. I think whatever the circumstance a few years ago, it hasn't been that way since, because they've shown them on the show a few times and they seem all right.

I have never followed any of these people on Instagram, but I will follow this horse.

On 1/26/2017 at 4:56 PM, TuringMachine said:

He was definitely buying all the groceries while he was still a minor.

Please verify. Has it been proven that he buys all the food and pays bills? We had a cousin that hated getting monetary gifts because it usually got borrowed most times and never repaid. I have heard many families say that was not too uncommon.

@sansan,  I doubt that Lawson buys the family groceries now that the Bateses have an income from the show, but he did earlier as a teen when he was mowing lawns to make money.  I think that Kelly admitted it  on their blog.

4 hours ago, sansan said:

Please verify. Has it been proven that he buys all the food and pays bills? We had a cousin that hated getting monetary gifts because it usually got borrowed most times and never repaid. I have heard many families say that was not too uncommon.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-family-20-relies-thrift-teamwork-make-ends/story?id=14364190

Lawson, 19, plays a crucial and many-faceted role. He started a lawn-mowing business when he was 13 that makes enough money to provide a rolling no-interest line of credit to his parents and siblings. Gil and Kelly reject debt of all kinds: no mortgage, car loan or credit cards. Lawson is their only creditor.

"They're good for it," Lawson said. "I don't need the money right now anyway."

"We call him the bank financier, because he is always lending to siblings, or lending to us, or he's the one that always has money in the account when the rest of us don't," said Kelly.

Lawson loaned Zach $1,000 for a car and Erin $2,000 for college. "Dad borrowed $4,000 or $5,000 for … well, mostly just to pay bills," Lawson said with a laugh.

Lawson is the self-appointed grocery shopper.

"Nobody else likes to do it, and I don't mind, so it works out pretty good," he said. Usually it's a one-cart affair, but "sometimes I end up getting another one."

It figures: The Bateses go through 7 gallons of milk and nine loaves of bread per week. If a sibling's birthday party is coming up -- as they do every month but two -- he has to buy four cartons of ice cream and two boxes of cake mix. If Gil hasn't been paid yet that week, Lawson puts the groceries -- a recent haul totaled $375.53 -- on his own debit card.

At the time this was written he was 19 but it sounds like he'd been doing it for awhile. 

This is also the same article where Kelly admits she can't name all her children in order.

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-family-20-relies-thrift-teamwork-make-ends/story?id=14364190

At the time this was written he was 19 but it sounds like he'd been doing it for awhile. 

This is also the same article where Kelly admits she can't name all her children in order.

What's the point in having kids if they pay for the families bills and your parents can't even name you. That's not family. That's factory farming imo.

I don't remember them saying he paid for it, but he did the shopping because he's frugal like Gil and the girls would buy name brands. It was a episode on their show on tlc.

6 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

What's the point in having kids if they pay for the families bills and your parents can't even name you. That's not family. That's factory farming imo.

Having kids pay the bills was probably a plus for Gil and Kelly! No way they could have grifted their way through life without all those kids. One thing Ex-Gay Greg and Dede taught us is that it is almost impossible to grift without children. Even now the reason Gil and Kelly have a better life is because they are exploiting their children for money on television. 

It isn't family, it is building an army for God. That is the whole point of having all these kids. It isn't because they want them, Kelly handed them off at birth.  It is because they are trying to build an army for God to take over America. 

9 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I don't remember them saying he paid for it, but he did the shopping because he's frugal like Gil and the girls would buy name brands. It was a episode on their show on tlc.

If you search the old threads there are lots of discussion about interviews from when they first got noticed where Lawson purchased the food and even "loaned" Gil and Kelly money to pay bills. 

You have to love they reject all forms of debt. Debt is bad. But getting loans from their son isn't a problem. Poor Lawson saying that he doesn't need that much money. If he was in a normal family he probably could have saved up and bought his first house, paid for college or both. I'd love to know how the "loan" came up. Was their really an option for Lawson to say no?

37 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Was their really an option for Lawson to say no?

I doubt it. It is like how Kelly claimed in the past the older children just wanted to watch the younger siblings so that Gil and Kelly can spend tons of time by themselves. There is helping out the family and then there are parents expecting the children to do the bulk of the work. Gil and Kelly fall into the latter category. 

Lawson posted this recently. I found the "opposition to Calvinist theological..." very interesting. 

1622EB5E-674A-435D-B923-39D21D6D4D85.PNG

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

^There is so much SOTDRT fail in that post

Well 'alot of people' would disagree with you! Maybe you just need a 'diff' perspective. You might find that if you 'study this passage deeper' it will have a 'direct appliction' to your life.

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Well 'alot of people' would disagree with you! Maybe you just need a 'diff' perspective. You might find that if you 'study this passage deeper' it will have a 'direct appliction' to your life.

LOL, how true.

Whenever I see "alot", I think of the superb Allie Brosh.

As my parents used to say, "You do not have a life. Your life and everything you have is mine until you are 18." I'm sure Lawson's parents have the same approach. Except with his parents, it's marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

Lawson has a thing or two to learn about staying humble. :pb_rollseyes:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived