IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

I'm seriously ambivilant about what I just watched.

On one hand, I'm feeling slightly defrauded by Lawson climbing the rope. That said, he'd be more appealing if he ditched the headphones and took up wearing a ball gag 24/7...

On the other, I was looking at the branch that rope was tied to and thinking it looked a little precarious for Lawson to be climbing, and part of me was kinda sorta hoping to be proved right... an embarrassing/lightly injurious fall might knock some of the ego out of him.

I think Lawson is the fundie version of a player, but I cant fault him for that - he didn't have a normal time growing up, and he's hopefully getting it out of his system before he settles down with some suitable girl.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kittikatz said:

I'm seriously ambivilant about what I just watched.

On one hand, I'm feeling slightly defrauded by Lawson climbing the rope. That said, he'd be more appealing if he ditched the headphones and took up wearing a ball gag 24/7...

On the other, I was looking at the branch that rope was tied to and thinking it looked a little precarious for Lawson to be climbing, and part of me was kinda sorta hoping to be proved right... an embarrassing/lightly injurious fall might knock some of the ego out of him.

I think Lawson is the fundie version of a player, but I cant fault him for that - he didn't have a normal time growing up, and he's hopefully getting it out of his system before he settles down with some suitable girl.

I'll take "Unintentionally Kinky Statements" for 600 Trebek! :laughing-rolling:

Seriously though, that made me laugh really hard. I'm obviously super mature.

-----------

For anyone looking for information about how harmful IBLP can be, let me direct you a bit:

Recovering Grace - a website that discusses the harm caused by IBLP and ATI. It's a great resource for reading personal stories of people who were involved with IBLP and it has a great timeline of the Gothard scandals. (http://www.recoveringgrace.org/)

Fundy Walk of Shame - a thread started by @Bethellathat tracks crimes and coverups by Fundies of various beliefs that we follow here. (http://www.freejinger.org/topic/29110-fundy-walk-of-shame-scandals-and-crimes/)

The Cult Next Door - thread started by @formergotharditeregarding a documentary made about IBLP. (http://www.freejinger.org/topic/28411-the-cult-next-door-movie/)

Bill Gothard, God, and Sexual Molestation - a thread started by @Et Moi. Self-explanatory. (http://www.freejinger.org/topic/27722-bill-gothard-god-and-sexual-molestation/?page=1)

You're drunk. 

Jules!  ...You're drunk.

As far as I can tell all these people do is sing the national anthem, go to Dollywood, and eat cake.  Every neighborhood has a bad seed, I'm sure there are bad folk in all religions..the perverts, the killers, the addicts, the liars...those are in all religions and atheists too.  Odd that.  I don't doubt stories but these seem like professional party throwers.

I mean the political aspect, Republicans are modernizing, Dick Chaney's daughter is a lesbian and Shepherd Smith at Foxnews is a gay man.  

Sexual Molestation is in every neighborhood unfortunately not just in religious sects.  

My point being if just about everybody I know has been or knows of someone who has been molested...it's not just whatever group these people are in.  

Which I'm not saying you shouldn't expose it and condemn it but different families make different choices.  You'd die probably if you knew how bad it was in America with the African American race.  Then you'd know it has nothing to do with religion.

Beware of preachers and false teachers...they haven't been trusted since they killed Jesus some many years ago.  But I'm usually a good judge and I don't think Gil or these are the truly corrupt type.

33 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

But I'm usually a good judge and I don't think Gil or these are the truly corrupt type.

You seem to be as ill informed about Gil Bates and IBLP as you are about Easter Island. Did you ever read any of the link provided to you about Easter Island that showed how absolutely wrong you were in your statements? 

1 hour ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

As far as I can tell all these people do is sing the national anthem, go to Dollywood, and eat cake.

They also help run a very corrupt religious cult called IBLP. Some of the teachings include telling a small child who has been molested that it is their fault. The teachings of IBLP are pretty horrific. So either educated yourself and admit the Bates are very, very bad seeds, or just admit that you think the best way to treat children being molested is to cover it up and blame the child. 

1 hour ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

You'd die probably if you knew how bad it was in America with the African American race.

You HAVE to be a troll saying racist stuff like this! 

@I.SignedUpforthis has to be troll and we need to get out the troll stick?

So what are we doing these days? No cat pics, please! My sinuses are a mess. And the manicure trick does not do it for me.

Help me pick a lipstick. I have already 1945 and lean towards 1935

http://www.sephora.com/classic-color-lipstick-P395669?skuId=1702687&icid2=products grid%3Ap395669

48 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So what are we doing these days? No cat pics, please! My sinuses are a mess. And the manicure trick does not do it for me.

http://www.sephora.com/classic-color-lipstick-P395669?skuId=1702687&icid2=products grid%3Ap395669

Lipstick offends my speshul snowflake feelings. Because I have tiny bird lips and lipstick never stays on my lips. I'm clearly the most important speshul snowflake here, so

I demand we change the subject to something else - like food. Because I like that and everyone should be falling all over themselves to make ME HAPPY!!!!!

.... can you imagine if I was actually like that?!  

Seriously, I like the 1945 better, but the 1935 is really pretty too. I say get the one you don't have already and see how you like it. You can always buy more of the other one when you run out.

8 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

But I'm usually a good judge and I don't think Gil or these are the truly corrupt type.

I find that very hard to believe. 

No one on this site gets away with belittling sexual abuse or giving a pass to those who protect the abusers. You clearly have internet access - use the links I posted above to educate yourself or fuck off.  

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

No one on this site gets away with belittling sexual abuse or giving a pass to those who protect the abusers. You clearly have internet access - use the links I posted above to educate yourself or fuck off.  

Maternity suits you dinosaur! You have become more direct and bolder (may be the sleepless nights, it happened to me too). I like it. Brava!

I'm cooking a risotto,  it looks and smells delicious.

Whatever you like Nellie, personally I love warm reds, unfortunately they don't look wellon me.

BTW whoever racks up -113 rep point with 23 posts is a patented troll.

9 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

My point being if just about everybody I know has been or knows of someone who has been molested...it's not just whatever group these people are in.  

Which I'm not saying you shouldn't expose it and condemn it but different families make different choices.  You'd die probably if you knew how bad it was in America with the African American race.  Then you'd know it has nothing to do with religion.

Uhm....no.  Just no.  

I was intrigued by your racist statement here, so I had to know where in the hell you got this figure from.  And guess what?  The only page that reports this is, wait for it....the Daily Stormer.  A neo-Nazi group.  I should have known.  Gross.  Just gross.  If you are getting your info from neo-Nazi sites, you're failing at life.  No offense.  

I don't have the patience to argue with trolls. So, I present to you my feline headship, Eli. Also, I call upon the mighty Rufus to help with troll control.

344ef4f5685f1f4bce868c62bcccca4a.jpg

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I like 135, it looks very nice! :) 

I'll be making Vietnamese chicken tonight.  I just took the chicken out of the freezer. 

Ooops.  Wrong picture.  It was meant to be Little Guy and Miss W is prettier than this went she isn't squinting.  How did that happen.

IMG_0287 (1).JPG

I am ordering 135 along with a ridic expensive Sunday Riley serum because I am old, falling apart and need expensive serums to hold my face on.

6 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Maternity suits you dinosaur! You have become more direct and bolder (may be the sleepless nights, it happened to me too). I like it. Brava!

I'm cooking a risotto,  it looks and smells delicious.

Whatever you like Nellie, personally I love warm reds, unfortunately they don't look wellon me.

BTW whoever racks up -113 rep point with 23 posts is a patented troll.

Ha! I've always been like this. I'm usually just much more patient and nice because you never know who could use a bit of kindness in here. 

But I literally could not give a single fuck about this poster. You don't fucking explain away the fact that Gil Bates is a world class asshole who covered up the sexual abuse of young women at the hands of a pervy old shitgibbon. 

13 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Lemongrass and ginger. 

That sounds goooood.

I made homemade lemon chicken and Orzo soup. Soooooooooooo tasty! 

I'm also sipping my Moscato while the baby is sleeping upstairs and the dog is passed out next to me. Happy Raptor is very happy. :pb_lol:

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm also sipping my Moscato while the baby is sleeping upstairs and the dog is passed out next to me. Happy Raptor is very happy. :pb_lol:

Sipping a hard cider while my koala kitty is next to me (he wraps his paws around my arm almost like a sloth actually) I just love furbabies !

OMG, my allergies are killing me. Thank you, cat people!

24 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

OMG, my allergies are killing me. Thank you, cat people!

IMG_2066.JPG

I don't actually have a cat. I'm just mean. :laughing-rolling:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived