IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

@BeccaGrim i don't know or particularly care if Lawson has been breaking fundie hearts, he just strikes me as the kind of guy who is a bit of a player - a consumate flirt, lots of connections/friends and generally focused on having a good time, getting his ego scratched, not taking life or anyone too seriously, and too self absorbed to know or care when someone else may not be on the same wavelength. IMO it's good he isn't being pushed to grow up or get serious yet, everyone should have a chance to play around a bit before settling down and doing serious adulting. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think before the UP money train brought Gil some cash in hands, Lawson had to act really mature and like an adult, since he was supporting his family financially with his lawn moving business. Now that money isn't that tight anymore I can understand that he wants some freedom and the chance to play around a bit.

On 4/2/2017 at 8:48 PM, singsingsing said:

I'm about to turn 29. I guess that would put me in the older generation for, I don't know, a 14-year-old old?

I fully admit I'm a curmudgeon and I don't care for most wedding photo trends. This one in particular I find annoying and at least a little sexist, so I like it even less than the other goofy poses. But if other people love it and want to include it in their wedding photos, I couldn't care less. The fact that Lawson is not the groom and felt the need to recreate this pose with himself at the centre, combined with his lengthy history of being an obnoxious narcissist, is what stuck out to me the most.

29 also and married about 1.5 years ago. I think what you pointed out about the photo is correct, especially when combined with the caption he wrote. Most of the ones I've seen just mentioned being super excited - nothing about "guys" acting like "girls."

And I'm thinking the caption may have something to do with the different opinions too. Some of the younger posters here don't mind the term "girls" while some of our young at heart posters do. 

(And no. Husband didn't pose like this at our wedding because it wasn't our style. The goofiest we got was we both did a mock fight photo with our respective siblings which came out hysterical - great way to get everyone into a laughing mood and we had a ton of nicer photos to use in the album.)

The greatest love of Lawson's life is not jeebus......it is himself. And I think it's hilarious.

I agree he seems to have some form of a work ethic, which is surprising for the spawn of Gil 'Sir Grifts-a-lot' Bates and he does seem to genuinely love his nieces/nephews/siblings. It doesn't feel 'forced' the way the 'sibling loves' sometimes does with the Duggars. He seems to genuinely like spending time with Carlin/Josie/Bradley/Kaci/Carson/Brooklyn etc which is nice. 

But you can have a couple of nice traits and still be a self obsessed egomaniac. Lawson is proof of that. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Pasta said:

That picture is photoshopped, right? 

Lol see with my sinful ways I didn't even notice the background, I just notice his stomach hanging out.

I wonder which TVA dam that is in that picture.  Unless that asshat Lawson can suddenly levitate, that pic is definitely photoshopped.

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I wonder which TVA dam that is in that picture.  Unless that asshat Lawson can suddenly levitate, that pic is definitely photoshopped.

Maybe camera angles? They could have had him jump really high or jump off a stool or something while standing somewhere that overlooks the dam. That way he gets higher and you don't see the ground - making it appear hes impressive. Or something.

I agree, it's just the angle it's taken.  We did a similar photo recently, with a friend sitting in a rock.  It looks like the rock is a narrow ledge perched out over the ocean, when in fact the rock was a metre high and about 10 metres from the edge of the cliff.  It looks spectacular and daring, but really wasn't. 

13 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Can you imagine Gil bates reaction if tori were to post a picture like this? Nike Nike nike!!!

They have always had such double standards. Like that post Kelly made that showed off the boy's bodies. Modesty is for females in the Bates world. 

That picture is at the Norris Dam overlook. All he had to do was stand near the edge and have someone take it picture while he jumped. As long as they didn't get the ground of the overlook in the picture, it looks like he's flying over the dam or whatever. No photoshop needed.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:03 PM, Karma said:

I agree, it's just the angle it's taken.  We did a similar photo recently, with a friend sitting in a rock.  It looks like the rock is a narrow ledge perched out over the ocean, when in fact the rock was a metre high and about 10 metres from the edge of the cliff.  It looks spectacular and daring, but really wasn't. 

Mr LBE and his friends went to Brazil for the World Cup in 2014 and they have a picture like the one you are describing and Mr LBE copied the "feet" thing. I won't link to my boyfriend's instagram, but this is where they did them:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/16/this-daredevil-climber-hanging-thousands-of-feet-off-the-ground-isnt-quite-as-daring-as-you-think-5569217/

Spoiler

article-2237666-162F841F000005DC-927_634x475.jpg.bcccb41db7adcae0d6c0c34ad1f41fe8.jpg

This will always be my favourite photo where the angle makes it deceptive.

The girl in the photo sent it to her mum asking for help. She's actually standing on a ledge below and is quite safe.

I guess all those photos of people "holding up" the leaning tower of pisa, or any other sort of optical illusion are enjoyable too..

Spoiler

FLO0627.thumb.jpg.0aad55d5288725f99180526d6b92a658.jpgBeach-Fun-Optical-Illusion.jpg.50653585584a272ffbeef779c8435ac4.jpgGiant-Man-Playing-With-People-Optical-Illusion-picture.jpg.5240d64c6b34c2372894fdefd93a98cc.jpg

And today he's complaining about Mondays. Lawson, you don't have a job and you don't go to school. Shut the f**k up about Mondays, pretend cowboy.

Just now, HereticHick said:

And today he's complaining about Mondays. Lawson, you don't have a job and you don't go to school. Shut the f**k up about Mondays, pretend cowboy.

He has a gun and a badge all the time lately. I wonder if he's working with Zach now?

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

He has a gun and a badge all the time lately. I wonder if he's working with Zach now?

He's a volunteer, I believe. I thought I read that somewhere. 

54 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

He's a volunteer, I believe. I thought I read that somewhere. 

Yep--he's a "reserve deputy" with the county sheriff's department. Unpaid.

Good thing that catfish didn't resist too much--I guess Lawson would have blown its head off.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived