IGNORED

Lawson Bates

Guest LilaFowler

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking in to see whether Lawson is headlining at the Grand Ole Opry.

No?

I'm sure he just needs a tiny bit more time. ;)

Anyone notice that Lawsons instagram is basically the fundie equivalent of dick pics? All those babies and sexy shots. He's really hamming it up for those fundie girls.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:29 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Anyone notice that Lawsons instagram is basically the fundie equivalent of dick pics? All those babies and sexy shots. He's really hamming it up for those fundie girls.

Hopefully the fundie girls will be lining up to buy the new t-shirts he's advertising in his instagram story ... otherwise, I cannot imagine how he is making enough money off of those to make more of them. Who would proudly run around in a Lawson Bates t-shirt? I can't even wrap my mind around that idea ...

Are all the Bates in Haiti or just Lawson? He had something on Twitter about making a difference or something....

12 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Are all the Bates in Haiti or just Lawson? He had something on Twitter about making a difference or something....

Hopefully, it's not a missionacation. I can just picture him singing and handing out a toy. *eyerolls*

IBLP works with some "missionary" in Haiti that does short gawk at the poor people and orphans and tell them they are going to hell sort of mission trips. Haiti doesn't need Lawson, I'm sure he isn't there to do anything worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Hopefully, it's not a missionacation. I can just picture him singing and handing out a toy. *eyerolls*

Is there any other kind of mission trip to this crowd?

I just hope they are being careful and they are with people that know the area well. I know someone who was doing aid work in Haiti. Not sure which part, but I know they had to be very cautious about their safety while down there. They traveled with a group that knew the country and how to be safe etc.  

3 hours ago, Fighter said:

I just hope they are being careful and they are with people that know the area well. I know someone who was doing aid work in Haiti. Not sure which part, but I know they had to be very cautious about their safety while down there. They traveled with a group that knew the country and how to be safe etc.  

I am sure Jilly Muffin and Derek can give them all the advice they need on how to stay safe amongst the scary brown people (and their shower racks)

On March 9, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Palimpsest said:

Just checking in to see whether Lawson is headlining at the Grand Ole Opry.

No?

I'm sure he just needs a tiny bit more time. ;)

I actually checked this out after watching bringing up bates, reality shows become addicting, so it was new to me.  On his cd, most songs are ok but weird, example no God ='s school shootings or blaming God something like that but then he writes songs like I'll love again, past the past and I have decided ...come off as being good even to random people or so they say.  So in a nutshell half is like this is too weird for music or car stereo then the other half is quite good.  So as in a concert, you would really enjoy half of it and then leave.  It's odd thing.

his past the past song has made a friend of mine cry even.  

Or if he just wrote normal songs, even sinfree lyrical songs, he isn't terrible or can even 'write' a song well.  His God in school song has a great melody but it's just not what you hear at a concert.

On 3/13/2017 at 8:14 AM, OyToTheVey said:

Don't they basically go on these things to meet spouses?  Like they get sent off to do that?  

I'm not normally to knock one for going after their dreams....and I hope he keeps up with singing because it could be his ticket away from crazy-land. That being said....he is SO bad. I feel bad even typing that. The biggest mistake he could make is doing that song with Emily Ann Roberts because she's such a flawless singer and he can barely keep up vocally.

Someone at UP wants us to think he's going to court Emily Ann. She gets more screen time than he does. 

The producers have definitely been pointing toward Lawson and Emily Ann being a thing, despite the fact that she has a boyfriend and seems very happy with him. I think it seems likely that Lawson has a unrequited crush on her based how he smiles and gets embarrassed/blushes while talking about her during interviews. Whatever the case, the Lawson's singing and Emily Ann storylines have gotten very old and are just awkward for viewers.

lawbatesC'mon Brooklyn, just a lil smile? Ah, there it is!
Swipe➡️

(From his Instagram) Swipe Right?!!

1 hour ago, snickerz said:

(From his Instagram) Swipe Right?!!

He put "swipe" with an arrow to let people know to swipe through to see more pictures in the post. This a very new feature of instagram, and people often don't realize there are more pictures to see.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I searched by didn't find anything.

Lawson and Emily singing "rock me mama". The level of sexual innuendo in that song is so obvious, Lawson looks really uncomfortable. I'm actually surprised that he even knows the song..

vimeo.com/195396005

On March 15, 2017 at 5:55 AM, formergothardite said:

Why would you give your money to a hate group by buying his music?

Simply because im safe if Lawson bates hates me - at worst he can just preach to me, right?

He may force me into missionary work.

Emily Ann could probably school Lawson on many things, it would be a great and interesting story but it ain't happening thus far.  

3 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Simply because im safe if Lawson bates hates me - at worst he can just preach to me, right?

That is very selfish isn't it? Since he can't hurt you personally, you don't care about all the countless people actually hurt by his lifestyle. If you think all IBLP does is preach at people, you should really research more. 

8 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Emily Ann could probably school Lawson on many things, it would be a great and interesting story but it ain't happening thus far.  

:doh::roll:

I'll take Selfishness for 200 Trebek! 

Lawson may not hurt you personally or directly, but he could help vote people into office that could possibly hurt you. You know, like Daniel Webster or Donald Trump. 

And like @formergotharditesaid, he helps promote a dangerous movement - via participation on a reality show - that has harmed a lot of people.

22 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

@I.SignedUpforthis ... perhaps you don't realize the dangers of cults and fundamentalism, which is the reason why this forum exists. (If so, I'd advise you to read more). While I know a lot, I'll always defer to @formergothardite for specifics. I simply found your selfish ignorance too over the top to ignore. On the most basic level, the more money the Bateses have, the more people they can hurt. Think about it, they can travel more to "preach more" and then convert more, which hurts countless people INCLUDING children who are abused and subsequently controlled for life. Contributing to a cause that physically and emotionally damages people for life is not okay with me, and talking about it in a blase manner makes it sickening.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived