IGNORED

Jill Duggar is Now a Lay Midwife

roddma

Before Josh can go to law school he needs to do some undergraduate work. Most ABA approved law schools require a degree I think. I still think that law school was something Josh said because he thought it sounded good. I doubt he had any idea what was involved in getting there.

I hope Jill benefits from the exposure that she's getting and from being around a not completely fundified mentor for the midwife program. I think she's doing it because she honestly likes the work within her limited experience of life to this point. I know some fundy families and some allow their kids, all of them, to keep any money they earn although they are strongly encouraged to save most of it. Some of the other families charge room and board if the kids begin earning. So far none of them have kept all of the money the kids earn - girls or boys. These are all IFB, ankle length skirt wearing, KJV only, homeschooling types.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh ain't never gonna be a lawyer-man.

He'd need a bachelor's degree or some sort of exceptional life and work experience that would compensate for not having a degree, and he's barely literate. There may be some crummy unaccredited school out there that would accept him based on his reality-show celebrity or his Santorum-humping, but then there's the state bar exam to be passed.

Far too much work for too little reward. We have way more people graduating with JDs than there are good jobs in the legal profession and most newly minted law school graduates are having trouble finding work.

Josh ain't never gonna be a lawyer-man.

He'd need a bachelor's degree or some sort of exceptional life and work experience that would compensate for not having a degree, and he's barely literate. There may be some crummy unaccredited school out there that would accept him based on his reality-show celebrity or his Santorum-humping, but then there's the state bar exam to be passed.

Far too much work for too little reward. We have way more people graduating with JDs than there are good jobs in the legal profession and most newly minted law school graduates are having trouble finding work.

Josh doesn't appear to have the maturity, the drive, or the self-discipline to make it through college. He strikes me as someone who, if he weren't a married fundie with two kids, would be partying all weekend, studying rarely, passing his exams by the skin of his teeth, and then dropping out when the courses get more demanding.

I'm calling it right now: Jill will get her certification in midwifery and sign up to be a missionary in Ecuador or El Salvador with a special focus on births. She's basically going to be a working nun, until she finds a man.

I'm calling it right now: Jill will get her certification in midwifery and sign up to be a missionary in Ecuador or El Salvador with a special focus on births. She's basically going to be a working nun, until she finds a man.

There are some very liberal and open-minded orders, being a nun might be better for her :?

Just adding hat Canadian midwives must be RNs as well.

Um, no they don't. That is definitely not Canadian law. Maybe your province legislates differently?

In Ontario, midwives complete a four year university degree in Midwifery (no previous degree required). They have practicum/work placements during that time as well.

After they graduate they register with the Ontario College of Midwives, and.... they're a midwife. No RN required. I know approx a dozen midwives quite well. None of them are RNs, and I've never heard of any of them mention that anyone else in their practice is a registered nurse.

There are some very liberal and open-minded orders, being a nun might be better for her :?

Sounds like a pretty good future to me.

Um, no they don't. That is definitely not Canadian law. Maybe your province legislates differently?

In Ontario, midwives complete a four year university degree in Midwifery (no previous degree required). They have practicum/work placements during that time as well.

After they graduate they register with the Ontario College of Midwives, and.... they're a midwife. No RN required. I know approx a dozen midwives quite well. None of them are RNs, and I've never heard of any of them mention that anyone else in their practice is a registered nurse.

Same here in Alberta. But you can't just waltz in and declare yourself a midwife. I've been looking and it doesn't seem like being an RN is required to practice as a midwife anywhere in Canada.

http://www.canadianmidwives.org

A four year degree in midwifery sounds pretty intensive to me. If you need 4 years to be qualify, the lack of an RN doesn't really matter. They probably take a bunch of the same courses anyhow.

I wish this would happen but I don't see Jim Bob allowing an unmarried Jill out from under his thumb ... I mean, away from his fatherly protection.

I'm really interested to see where this will go for Jill...sadly I don't think it's an escape plan. I wonder if she'll keep working or improve on it or just give it up suddenly.

Don't you have to have an undergrad degree to sit for the LSAT these days? I don't think they let just anyone into those exams.

I'm pretty sure anyone who can come up with the testing fee can take the exam, but it does take more than a good score on the LSAT to get into law school. I don't think a diploma from the SOTDRT would be evidence that you have the critical thinking and study skills to succeed at studying law.

I'm pretty sure anyone who can come up with the testing fee can take the exam, but it does take more than a good score on the LSAT to get into law school. I don't think a diploma from the SOTDRT would be evidence that you have the critical thinking and study skills to succeed at studying law.

Dan Beasley is a fundie who was home-schooled and studied law...it was from an unaccredited institution but there is a thread on here about how he passed the CA bar exam. Maybe the quality of the Beasley school was better than Duggar. Also much as I like to snark on the Beasleys the men (well, the non-murderous ones) do seem more responsible and mature than Smuggar.

This is a Gothard-approved "career" I just hope she never gets sued for problems in a birth. This is a move to make it look like they have a "choice" in careers which is a joke since they are only allowed Gothard-approved careers like wedding photographer, midwife, Mother's helper etc.

This is a Gothard-approved "career" I just hope she never gets sued for problems in a birth. This is a move to make it look like they have a "choice" in careers which is a joke since they are only allowed Gothard-approved careers like wedding photographer, midwife, Mother's helper etc.

While I get that this is an "approved" career, it is something, and any job is better than none, any freedom is better than none. Plus, she looks genuinely happy, Jill may have ended up a midwife (prob a CNM) if she had been raised by commy-atheist-liberal-gay parents.

While I get that this is an "approved" career, it is something, and any job is better than none, any freedom is better than none. Plus, she looks genuinely happy, Jill may have ended up a midwife (prob a CNM) if she had been raised by commy-atheist-liberal-gay parents.

She's been so controlled and limited, I find it hard to imagine what a Jill raised by commie-atheist-liberal-gay parents would be like. But I tend to doubt midwife would have made it to the top of the list over something like RN or physical therapist or kindergarten teacher. Midwifery is Jim Bob's chosen profession for his girls and Jill has been raised/brainwashed to embrace it.

She's been so controlled and limited, I find it hard to imagine what a Jill raised by commie-atheist-liberal-gay parents would be like. But I tend to doubt midwife would have made it to the top of the list over something like RN or physical therapist or kindergarten teacher. Midwifery is Jim Bob's chosen profession for his girls and Jill has been raised/brainwashed to embrace it.

Why? There are probably more midwives that are crunchy granola liberal types than fundie "More baybeez for Jeebus" types. I'm a SAHM (well, I work one day a week, I call that my "break") and I homeschool my kids, and while I was raised in fundie-lite-dom, that isn't why I do it. I think that any upbringing that I had, this would be the life that I would want.

I wish this would happen but I don't see Jim Bob allowing an unmarried Jill out from under his thumb ... I mean, away from his fatherly protection.

I don't wish for this to happen at all. I think missionary work is deceitful at best, coercive at worst. People like Jill would find people in tough situations then take advantage of them at their most vulnerable to proselytize to them. Some people claim it's ok because it's better than getting nothing at all, but constrained charity doesn't count as charity in my book. And I don't think a bunch of people need to be exposed to Jill's coercive preaching just so one young woman can have some journey of self-discovery.

I don't wish for this to happen at all. I think missionary work is deceitful at best, coercive at worst. People like Jill would find people in tough situations then take advantage of them at their most vulnerable to proselytize to them. Some people claim it's ok because it's better than getting nothing at all, but constrained charity doesn't count as charity in my book. And I don't think a bunch of people need to be exposed to Jill's coercive preaching just so one young woman can have some journey of self-discovery.

I agree with you on that, and Jill seems like fundie pleaser. She would definitely proselytize if she was doing midwife missionary work.

Does anyone think that Jill has seen her mom's hoochie? I mean as part of her training, and caring for her mother during the JuJubee pregnancy?

Does anyone think that Jill has seen her mom's hoochie? I mean as part of her training, and caring for her mother during the JuJubee pregnancy?

She probably did Mullet's hoochie during that time. I believe Mullet said somewhere that Jill had been checking the baby's heartbeat almost daily.

She probably did Mullet's hoochie during that time. I believe Mullet said somewhere that Jill had been checking the baby's heartbeat almost daily.

Ya know that's probably the only question I've regretted asking on FJ :oops:

But there is no nudity involved in checking a heartbeat, that's just belly.

But there is no nudity involved in checking a heartbeat, that's just belly.

The reason I think Jill saw the hoochie, is because if she was checking the heartbeat daily, that seems to be proof that she was doing other things to monitor Mulley's pregnancy.

The reason I think Jill saw the hoochie, is because if she was checking the heartbeat daily, that seems to be proof that she was doing other things to monitor Mulley's pregnancy.

Well, yes that is always possible. Wasn't Jill there when Michelle miscarried?

Archived