IGNORED

Jill Duggar is Now a Lay Midwife

roddma

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is 'created' and 'natural' until your fetus goes into distress.

And your midwife is sleep-deprived.

It's my understanding the Jill must attend a fixed number of births where she 'assists' the lead midwife, ergo, that's why she is racking up the new baby count.

Everything is 'created' and 'natural' until your fetus goes into distress.

Yeah, a woman's body is created to give birth...except when it's not. The fact that childbirth was the number one killer of women until about 60 years ago should make that pretty obvious. The fact that women no longer die giving birth at nearly the levels they used to sounds like a victory for western medicine.

Yeah, a woman's body is created to give birth...except when it's not. The fact that childbirth was the number one killer of women until about 60 years ago should make that pretty obvious. The fact that women no longer die giving birth at nearly the levels they used to sounds like a victory for western medicine.

:clap: Well said! :D

I am thisclose to a Health Sciences degree and intend to apply to our RN program in March. Even with my 3.72 GPA, I may not get in. My ultimate goal is to attain at LEAST a Masters in Nursing (and hopefully, a PHD).

Jill's lack of any formal eduaction [b]scares the hell out of me.

My own personal birth experiences have been rough. 26 hours of labor w DD #1 - prepped me for a C-section, then encouraged me to push before I should have. Delivered naturally, but ruptured my cervix (and I STILL hate you, filling-in-OB) and had HUGE amounts of sutures in all sorts of places. DD#2 - no drugs (due to denial by the docs), induced labor w Pitocin (HELL in a bag), she got stuck (8 lbs, 8 oz. on my small frame) and had to be vacuumed out, I hemorrhaged to the point that my mother was terrified ( she told me later that there was blood on the floor almost to the door of the room) and my OB wanted to perform a blood transfusion.

DD#3 was (thankfully) a planned C-section (she was supposed to be 9 lbs. or more - she was 8' 7).

What would Jill have done in any of these situations? What would/could she do if a baby gets stuck? ( My fill-in-OB said they may have to break DD#1's clavicles to deliver her, I said FUCK that!).

She has absolutely NO business delivering anyone's baby, period. I am a certified EMT, with far more additional schooling beyond that, yet I cannot imagine being responsible for assisting a birth unless in the case of emergency!

19 dogs and counting: what a sad story. That is incredibly unprofessional (not to mention inappropriate) of the nursing instructor. Especially in today's healthcare environment where there are a lot of diverse patients and nurses are expected to interact appropriately and respectfully with patients from other cultures/religions.

Like Nurse Nell, I just don't care what religion my health care providers practice (or don't practice). About the only reason I'd even think about it is if I had credible evidence to suggest that the provider's religion would create a problem for me, for example if a physician would refuse to abort an ectopic pregnancy or do a D and C if I was hemorrhaging during a miscarriage.

But then, one of my parents is devout Baha'i (and a really wonderful parent), so it infuriates me when I read things like what 19 dogs and counting talks about.

It is a sad story but what I find the most depressing is that this professor had a phd and this was not an evangelical university. It's not like she was an uneducated fundie wifey.

It is a sad story but what I find the most depressing is that this professor had a phd and this was not an evangelical university. It's not like she was an uneducated fundie wifey.

That is depressing. One would think that someone with a phd and presumably a good bit of nursing experience would be a bit more open-minded. Especially at a secular university.

My own personal birth experiences have been rough. 26 hours of labor w DD #1 - prepped me for a C-section, then encouraged me to push before I should have. Delivered naturally, but ruptured my cervix (and I STILL hate you, filling-in-OB) and had HUGE amounts of sutures in all sorts of places. DD#2 - no drugs (due to denial by the docs), induced labor w Pitocin (HELL in a bag), she got stuck (8 lbs, 8 oz. on my small frame) and had to be vacuumed out, I hemorrhaged to the point that my mother was terrified ( she told me later that there was blood on the floor almost to the door of the room) and my OB wanted to perform a blood transfusion.

Oh my gosh. It sounds like some the doctors even with their education made some bad decisions there.

• 1 month later...

So where's Jana? Jessa claimed they were BOTH training as midwives in her little "we're not just sitting here eating bon bons" lecture.

Busted again. These people are so stupid to think we can't look this stuff up quite easily and expose, in this case, an out and out lie. Jana seems to be pulled to the Indoctrination Camps; she's been on 3 this past year alone (one last fall with Joy, and two this past spring). I bet she ends up at HQ the moment the show is canceled.

Jana's in the top left pic. and their are a few others of her on the facebook page... But its clear she only does it occassionally, either that or she just doesn't get her picture taken?

Dang, my eyes are tired. That was a pretty big miss on my part. :oops: I agree that she doesn't seem to be pursuing this in the way Jill is. I don't know who dug up Jill's records, but it would be interesting to see if Jana is actually attending births for credit or along for the ride every now and again.

Jana is the only one dressed in normal street clothing, and she is in every photo of her on this website. I am pretty sure she is just a chaperone for Jill.

Jana is the only one dressed in normal street clothing, and she is in every photo of her on this website. I am pretty sure she is just a chaperone for Jill.

I'm sure there is some cachet to having D list reality TeeVee celebrities look up your hooch when you're in labor :lol:

I'm sure there is some cachet to having D list reality TeeVee celebrities look up your hooch when you're in labor :lol:

I used to be modest. In my last labor, I had a resident help in the delivery and also a pre-med student present shadowing my doctor. :lol: Not to mention all the nurses because the local nursing school was doing their OB rotation that week. There is a point where you do not give a fuck anymore. And your fifth child is IT. :o Half of my town has seen my cooch in the worst possible moment. I figure I spared some poor first-timer the trauma of being a case study. I can take it, I am a pro at this by now. :lol:

I used to be modest. In my last labor, I had a resident help in the delivery and also a pre-med student present shadowing my doctor. :lol: Not to mention all the nurses because the local nursing school was doing their OB rotation that week. There is a point where you do not give a fuck anymore. And your fifth child is IT. :o Half of my town has seen my cooch in the worst possible moment. I figure I spared some poor first-timer the trauma of being a case study. I can take it, I am a pro at this by now. :lol:

And with all that educational experience they didn't cut you a bit of slack on the bill did they? :lol:

And with all that educational experience they didn't cut you a bit of slack on the bill did they? :lol:

I am not sure because I am poor enough to get the eebil socialized medicine.

I consider the whole thing to be paying it forward for all the people who have and will let me follow their doctor into the room. But yeah, it is weird to give birth with a room full of people. It is something I would only do in the interest of contributing to education. Also, I was drugged to the gills. I had all natural with the first four and decided I had nothing to prove with the fifth. I took everything they offered and was in a generally friendly mood. :lol:

487674_420331618009951_1181934418_n.jpg

and Jill.

She looks so different with her hair back and no spackling junk on her face and braces off.

Love the groovy onesie on that baby. Who'd a thunk that Jill Duggar would ever bring a hippy baby into this world?

I agree with most of the points that have been made so far.

For me, I wish that she had been exposed to wider variety of activities and allowed to develop a wider variety of interests so she would be able to make a true, informed decision. It's very possible that the Jill she is now does truly love doing this kind of work. But there is still part of me wondering what a non-fundie version of Jill, one who would have had the opportunity to explore an interest in science or business or anything else she wanted -- would that Jill still be satisfied with this career path? Is it possible to be? YES. Lots of women choose midwifery and love it. But they selected that career from a pool so much bigger than Jill is even aware of, and that to me is the difference. And because it is not an interest chosen from a full and varied spectrum of knowledge and acceptable interest -- part of me will always feel like it's not an authentic decision.

It's like this, to me: Let's say Jill was raised to believe ice cream is evil. The only even somewhat acceptable flavors of ice cream are chocolate, strawberry or vanilla. She is never allowed to try butter pecan, or pistachio, or chocolate chip, etc.. She is also told those are not acceptable choices for her, from birth, and she is never allowed to be exposed to anyone who will try to tell her how great those flavors are.

After a while, won't she come to think that being able to choose from chocolate, vanilla or strawberry is a great thing? Won't she come to believe those are her choices and be thrilled when (after much societal pressure) her parents let her choose from those 3 for herself? Say she settles on vanilla. Will she be happy with vanilla? Probably so. And yes, that is good, but to me.......I will always feel like......it's not a real choice because she didn't choose vanilla out of ALL the options, she only chose it from a small pool of available ones.

I wonder if now Jill knows how babies are made? Theyre not really good with the sex ed in the Duggar house, didnt tell Josh til he was getting married. I hope she does know, as I would not want my baby delivered by someone who did not know that.

Theyre only letting Jill work because they know shes the least likely to run off on their way home from work and never come back, or fall in love with someone who isnt Christian and start dating them.

I am not sure because I am poor enough to get the eebil socialized medicine.

I consider the whole thing to be paying it forward for all the people who have and will let me follow their doctor into the room. But yeah, it is weird to give birth with a room full of people. It is something I would only do in the interest of contributing to education. Also, I was drugged to the gills. I had all natural with the first four and decided I had nothing to prove with the fifth. I took everything they offered and was in a generally friendly mood. :lol:

Oh I dunno, by the time I got to the second one I was pretty much like "sure, whatever, bring the cab driver in"......oh wait I guess that was more like WHAT THE FUCK?? GET THIS OUT OF ME NOW I DON'T CARE WHO'S HERE! :lol: Of course, I guess I was the opposite of you in the respect that I wanted all the drugs I could get (pain kicks in my panic attacks, which does not make for a peaceful birthing experience) but got stuck with natural birth both times due to unforeseen circumstances. So I was not feeling friendly in any capacity, or necessarily caring who saw my cooch as long as they could help get the baby OUT!

And if you've guessed I was not a cheerful, graceful pregnant person.....ding ding ding!! You got it!

Pretty much, if you willingly went through that 5 times, you're my hero. :bow-blue:

Archived