IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Unfortunately, too many fundie headships and help meets think that safety net is a snare of the devil. :roll:

Because sitting around waiting for Jesus to provide for them, while they do nothing to meet him halfway [at the very least] to improve a shitty situation is working out great for the Shraders!!!

I really don't get the "leave everything up to god" mentality. It removes one's personal responsibility from any situation. It's such a passive cop out way of living. Win the lottery? Jesus led you to buy that ticket. Waste your paycheck on lottery tickets and win nothing? The Devil made you do it.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because sitting around waiting for Jesus to provide for them, while they do nothing to meet him halfway [at the very least] to improve a shitty situation is working out great for the Shraders!!!

I really don't get the "leave everything up to god" mentality. It removes one's personal responsibility from any situation. It's such a passive cop out way of living. Win the lottery? Jesus led you to buy that ticket. Waste your paycheck on lottery tickets and win nothing? The Devil made you do it.

I think that is why they like it. Nothing is their fault, if things go well, God did it, if things go badly, they are being tested by God or the Devil is trying to pull them away from God (and that is because you are a super speshul Christian!).

Wasco Co. is very poor. It would cost CPS a lot of money to intervene, even to give them basic emergency support, much less place seven siblings. I can see CPS waiting until the winter to help them.

I do agree with you, Mela99. I do think CPS should swoop in and put them in proper shelter [even if the kids have to share a couple of bedrooms], get those kids to the doctor and to school and make sure the kids have enough to eat. But it's probably not going to happen. We've heard nothing about life-dangering abuse or a situation that adversely impacts their physical well being. Right now, sure, they're sleeping in cramped quarters, but it's summer and they can hang out outside during the day. In winter, they'll all be stuck in the camper. And they'll be freezing. Then, CPS will intervene.

Camping is pretty acceptable when it comes to the homeless of Oregon. A church in PDX is offering up its parking lot for homeless campers (with neighborhood opposition of course) and some cities have camp sites where homeless can stay. These aren't like traditional campgrounds. Ours has porta potties and running water. Community outreach works visit with regularity. Homelessness isn't usually a reason to remove kids from their parents.

Wasco county has few resources, and unless someone were to call and report these folks, they will continue with their chosen lifestyle. By community standards this is probably acceptable. Sanitation is the big concern for me. The spec sheet on the camper shows it only holds 17 gallons of fresh water. Its hard for me to conceive of keeping 7 babies butts clean, cooking and washing up for more than 2 days at the best. Perhaps is they are camped out at the 'church' they have access to toilet facilities and fresh water.

A few hours away in Central Washington, CPS would not intervene in that situation. There are too many migrant workers, they would have to take away probably tens of thousands of children. My city's population roughly doubles in the harvest months.

A few hours away in Central Washington, CPS would not intervene in that situation. There are too many migrant workers, they would have to take away probably tens of thousands of children. My city's population roughly doubles in the harvest months.

There are folks living like this off the logging roads that crisscross the coast range, they're rarely rousted by the timber companies unless they are making a mess and blocking work. Heck when we had our family bus we could boondock for 30 days in the mountains or deserts without too much of a problem.

John Shrader

asks for prayer, work not going so hot. Appreciate it. The music they play...obstinato, as almost every form of modern music is

The word is "ostinato," and it's a noun, not an adjective.

I guess he was trying to sound high-falutin'. I wouldn't call it a severe SOTDRT failure, since it is not a common word.

However, with his refusal to think straight about taking care of his family, leaving the folks in Zambia alone, and/or not having more kids, I think that Obstinato makes a fine nickname for him!

:lol:

I appreciate the desire for CPS to swoop in and at least make them take some form of aid to help the children, but realistically how would that happen? The kids don't go to school and they only 'socialize' with like-minded fundies, who probably admire them for their dedication to 'the Lord'. So there isn't anyone to call CPS.

I appreciate the desire for CPS to swoop in and at least make them take some form of aid to help the children, but realistically how would that happen? The kids don't go to school and they only 'socialize' with like-minded fundies, who probably admire them for their dedication to 'the Lord'. So there isn't anyone to call CPS.

Oregon comes up woefully short when it comes to tracking home schooled minors. Ergo the number of parents cited for being complicit or murdering their children in the past 20 years. The majority are fundies.

Why doesn't Anna or the Duggars send money? They're so all ready to help others....why not them? Don't get me wrong, I think their "leave it all to God" stance is pretty lame. But still, they're family...right?

Why doesn't Anna or the Duggars send money? They're so all ready to help others....why not them? Don't get me wrong, I think their "leave it all to God" stance is pretty lame. But still, they're family...right?

Perhaps they sent money in support of the African trip in April? We have no way to determine if they helped on this or the van, midwife and other bills?

It's because Esther is no longer part of that family. She has been transferred over to her husband. Outside help coming from HER family would emasculate her husband, make him feel like he's not a good provider, and make his penis whither away to nothing. Wives are not allowed to help their husbands in the Patriarchy because pride about "masculinity" is the most important part of the movement. It's hard enough for them to accept help in general (too proud to get food stamps, etc), but it would be especially humiliating for the husband if the help came from his wife's family.

The word is "ostinato," and it's a noun, not an adjective.

I guess he was trying to sound high-falutin'. I wouldn't call it a severe SOTDRT failure, since it is not a common word.

However, with his refusal to think straight about taking care of his family, leaving the folks in Zambia alone, and/or not having more kids, I think that Obstinato makes a fine nickname for him!

:lol:

An interesting Freudian slip, to say the least. :lol:

It's because Esther is no longer part of that family. She has been transferred over to her husband. Outside help coming from HER family would emasculate her husband, make him feel like he's not a good provider, and make his penis whither away to nothing. Wives are not allowed to help their husbands in the Patriarchy because pride about "masculinity" is the most important part of the movement. It's hard enough for them to accept help in general (too proud to get food stamps, etc), but it would be especially humiliating for the husband if the help came from his wife's family.

The Kellers were, at one time, on the title to Josh's house.

Can I hijack for a quick moment to squee. Experiencedd responded to me! Little old me! Its a bit like a celebrity writing to you on the internet.

Anyway, back to the regular programming.

Can I hijack for a quick moment to squee. Experiencedd responded to me! Little old me! Its a bit like a celebrity writing to you on the internet.

Anyway, back to the regular programming.

Please re-evaluate your response. It could be an indictment against your own sanity and good taste to react in this manner when an old woman in Boregonia responds to you on the internetz. :lol:

Nope, still sane. And still floating on air. Take it as a compliment.

Would you like to be in my secret p.m. Army? I'm recruiting, due to the limits on my income, no toaster ovens will be awarded to recruits.

I've already been burned on the promise of a toaster oven. The lesbians made such grandiose promises. I am willing to accept less.

I haven't read all the posts yet so sorry if i repeat but...

He writes this under his "abortionist" post:

He obviously doesn't know the death count of Iraqis has crested a million. But I guess those men, women and children don't count because they aren't white Christians.

I think he was only taking into account Americans that have died in war. Because who gives a shit about our enemies? Who even gives a shit about our allies? Because millions upon millions of Russians died during WWII. I mean, a lot of them were killed by Stalin, but still. Who care about dead people? All that matters are dead fetuses.

Would you like to be in my secret p.m. Army? I'm recruiting, due to the limits on my income, no toaster ovens will be awarded to recruits.

Hm, do you have another secret PM army here, or are you referring to one on FB? Cause if it's one on here, I'd love to be in the loop! My FJ inbox is usually woefully empty.

You know, one thing I like about the Amish is that they take care of their own. Medical crises, family emergencies - the entire community comes together and rallies for whatever is necessary.

I wonder what it would take for a fundie family to do the same. Because I get the leave and cleave business, and not accepting help... but come on - everybody has a limit. How far into the proverbial gutter will they go before someone offers or they ask?

Anybody remember the parable of God and the drowning man? Turns down all the help and says God will save him, dies, then asks God why he didn't help him - God replies that he sent a boat, a helicopter and a rescue team.

Do they ever believe that God may act in ways unbeknownst to them?

And they look down on me because I have only one child, a college education, and am gainfully employed? *snort* At least my kid has a bed to sleep in and isn't living in a damn tent.

Seriously, if he's having trouble finding a job, then it's time for her to go look for one. Certainly, she can work in a day care or something. Hell, if she worked at a day care, they may let her bring her kids with her. I don't care how much you believe a woman's place is in the home. When things get this bad, it's time to make some sacrifices.

I guess they focus more on quantity than quality. They obviously believe umpteen kids in run down conditions is more godly.

I thought there were laws about how many people could occupy XX amount of sq ft.

Federal laws do, but those laws only apply to rental properties... for a family of 9, the minimum sq footage required for a family of 9 would be 540 sq. ft to 900 sq. ft depending on which state you're in. The numbers are ridiculously low.

That said, we're a family of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids) living in a 980 sq ft condo, and it's a bit snug in here. I can't imagine having 7 kids in a dinky pop up trailer long term.

Isn't Esther the one who was 'affected by the radiation for Japan', while she was in labour?

Yes.. she had a really weird post on her fb page about a year ago. It was all about radiation and Japan, but didn't make any sense at all.

Archived