IGNORED

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers

Visionoyahweh

Allow me to save Elle the trouble.

"Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times.

Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times. Evil independent thoughts, outsiders and men will hurt my baby and she needs to be with me at all times.

So my baby will never leave my side until her daddy finds a man to protect her."

:lol: that's probably exactly what it would be. Good job!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That site is crazy and love her "I'm a really popular blogger" stance as an excuse to not deal with anything that may differ in opinion from herself.

As a child who was spanked and who knew many other children who were spanked growing up, I'm not a believer that one can spank without being mad. Unless you spank for most infractions and therefore can control your ability to not be mad somehow? Not sure. But in my experience, when parents spank, they are not happy at all with their child's behavior so when they spank, they are doing so because they are upset with their child, even mad at their child's actions. Many parents are upset, even mad, with their child for their behavior when disciplining, depending on what the child in question did.

tumblr_m56f3luazd1rxewzbo1_1280.jpg

The magic personhood fairy coms along at birth, when the baby is no longer relying on its mother to survive :roll: The ridiculous things on this site half make me wonder if it's a parody, and half make me terrified that it's real.

That site is crazy and love her "I'm a really popular blogger" stance as an excuse to not deal with anything that may differ in opinion from herself.

As a child who was spanked and who knew many other children who were spanked growing up, I'm not a believer that one can spank without being mad. Unless you spank for most infractions and therefore can control your ability to not be mad somehow? Not sure. But in my experience, when parents spank, they are not happy at all with their child's behavior so when they spank, they are doing so because they are upset with their child, even mad at their child's actions. Many parents are upset, even mad, with their child for their behavior when disciplining, depending on what the child in question did.

ITA, I've had times when i've been tempted, yes. And you know what? when I'm not angry ? spanking my kid seems like the most ridiculous thing EVER. When i'm in the middle of my ire? its one of those "ok i need to find a way to express my anger in a constructive manner and not hit my kid because he is NOT going to understand" just having to THINK like that makes me less angry and act in a more adult manner in handling a difficult situation.

We dont' spank here, simply because it DOES nothing. Just makes the person getting hit angrier and resentful. *remembers childhood*

If a zygote is a person at conception, when does the magic fairy stop by to make a whole entire other person when twinning occurs? Or does the magic fairy put two people inside that zygote, based on some precognition?

And this is why I usually don't bother arguing with you idiots who think that the resources available to you are available to all people.

Banana, quit being a fucking bitch and insisting I'm a lazy parent. I spend more time with my child than you do with yours, guaranteed. I'm with her 24/7, including when we sleep, and it's been this way every day and night of her entire life. It's rare I'm further from her than 20 feet. Her care is never passed onto anyone else, and she's spent a grand total of less than 24 hours total away from me, including when I spent 4 days and 3 nights in the hospital - she was there from 6am until midnight every day because I didn't want her away from me. So about 18 hours there. She's been babysat twice each for 90 minutes or less, and the rest have been a few trips to the grocery store with her home with her daddy. Even with her daddy home, I'm still with her. My guard never gets to be completely down. Spend a day in my shoes and see how much time you spend doing nothing at all with her. Even my time online isn't without my daughter. Usually, like now, she's asleep having just finished nursing, but she's on me. Lazy parents are people like the Duggars who do whatever they can to spend the least amount of time directly taking care of their kids as they can get away with, or people like the Pearls whose ultimate goal is to be able to ignore their kids and have then too afraid to breathe.

Wow, that is a lot of vitriol directed at people who are legitimately concerned about your child. And I am willing to bet I make less than you and support more people on it so... please don't consider it privilege when I say I completely disagree with hitting a child.

I don't care how many times Michelle has had sex with Jimbob without vomiting, I could not do i...

... oh. That's not what they're talking about. Nevermind.

:lol: :laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingyellow:

Wow, that is a lot of vitriol directed at people who are legitimately concerned about your child. And I am willing to bet I make less than you and support more people on it so... please don't consider it privilege when I say I completely disagree with hitting a child.

I was waiting for you to weigh in emmie. You have 5 times as many children in just over two times the space and I don't think you smack your littlest guy.

I don't care how many times Michelle has had sex with Jimbob without vomiting, I could not do i...

... oh. That's not what they're talking about. Nevermind.

Who says she doesn't vomit? Or maybe she just passes out from the hairspray fumes.

I was waiting for you to weigh in emmie. You have 5 times as many children in just over two times the space and I don't think you smack your littlest guy.

To be fair, I think we have more than twice the space. I still don't think I would hit him, though. I am generally against hitting children, in part because it has been found to produce worse behavior. I read a study recently that a small child who is spanked is more likely to run in the road and partake in other dangerous behaviors. But also, I just don't want to be violent with my little guy.

Elle, I have been in similar situations with when I was a single mom so I know how frustrating this must be. I hope you find a way out of it. I hate to think that your little girl has this highly inadequate living situation and is hit because of it, when neither the situation nor her behavior in the situation are her fault. I'm trying not to judge because I have been there and done that, but I suspect you would be a good candidate for subsidized apartments. I know every area differs, but it is much easier generally to get into subsidized housing than it is to get into other housing programs.

My OB was the Magic Personhood Fairy, who pulled LittleBabyNothing out of me via c-section at his birth.

I, against my better judgement, did bring up the bible verses mentioned earlier...I also threatened that if she didn't respond then she was clearly a Poe, so gauntlet laid I suppose. I very much doubt she'll have anything to say, but I felt the need to question the crazy

I, against my better judgement, did bring up the bible verses mentioned earlier...I also threatened that if she didn't respond then she was clearly a Poe, so gauntlet laid I suppose. I very much doubt she'll have anything to say, but I felt the need to question the crazy

If she really is a fundie and not an ebil feminist in disguise, she's not going to know what a Poe is.

OT - I think "Magic Personhood Fairy" should be a post count title. Beyond brilliant, that one was.

So, I was really bored and just responded to everyone one of these inane statements. Some of my responses are admittedly better than others, but still. This girl lacks the logic she seems to think she has.

1) “Thou Shalt Not Kill†- God

Many people don’t accept the Biblical God as an authority, so they don’t give a shit what he/she/it said. The actual Hebrew says don’t murder, not don’t kill. The Rashbam says that the root of the word used in the Ten Commandments only refers to unjustified killing. Also, many people don’t consider abortion to be murder. Jewish tradition, for example, does not consider unborn children to have the right to be treated the same way as adults, but all born children do have that right. Just because you think your God says one thing means nothing. People far more educated than you for centuries upon centuries have disagreed with your interpretation of the Bible.

2) If abortion is natural, why do you need a doctor to do it for you?

I don’t really understand what the hell you’re talking about here. But if we’re just blathering random bullshit, I’ll respond in kind. If giving birth is natural, why do women need a doctor to help them do it?

3) Steve Jobs’ mom didn’t want him, but he invented computers.

No, he didn’t.

4) If you don’t want a baby, don’t spread your legs. It’s 100% effective in not making babies.

What about rape? Also, not everybody who has an abortion doesn’t want a baby.

5) You can’t kill a 10 year old so why can you kill a 10 week old?

Um, you can’t kill a ten week old.

6) If you’re so pro-choice, what about a baby’s CHOICE?

I believe that all people should have bodily autonomy. That’s what I mean when I say I’m pro-choice. Your question has nothing to do with that.

7) Pro-LIFE sounds way better than Pro-choice. Without LIFE, choice is meaningless.

Wait, so you think you win an argument based on the bullshit terms that the media and politicians decided to give to various political position?

8) You would be so sad if your mom murdered YOU so why support murder?

If my mom murdered me I would be dead and therefore incapable of feeling sad.

9) If a person has to be breathing to be a person, why can’t we just kill people on life support?

It’s not that the person has to be breathing. The person merely has had to have taken a breath, whether with technological assistance or not.

10) If back-alley abortions are so dangerous, why did women do them anyway?

Because they were desperate.

11) Didn’t you CHOOSE to have sex?

Not always.

12) A person’s a person no matter how small.

And a fetus is never a person no matter how much it might seem to resemble one.

13) If a baby can feel pain at 40 weeks, it can feel pain at 4 weeks.

Sure. But the same is not true about a fetus.

14) Lots of parents wait YEARS to adopt a baby because there aren’t enough children.

No, there just aren’t enough healthy white infants. And as much as I might feel for those parents, it is nobody else’s responsibility to carry children to term for their sake.

15) Which would rather have? Motherhood or BREAST CANCER?

I was not aware it was an either/or decision. Many mothers have had breast cancer. I also have no idea what this has to do with abortion.

16) 1/3 of our generation is dead. What if one of those dead babies was supposed to be your soulmate?

I don’t think people have predestined soul mates. I’d rather die alone than take away women’s rights to their bodies. I’m glad I don’t live in an overpopulated country, have enough food to eat, and enough fresh water to drink.

17) “What about the pain of childbirth?†Epidurals have been around since the 80s. You have no excuse not to pick adoption.

Some women react badly to epidurals. Epidurals might relieve momentary pain, but they can’t prevent damage being done to you body.

18) If your dad raped someone, do YOU deserve to be executed for his crimes?

No, but abortion isn’t the same as execution.

19) If most people getting abortions are poor, why don’t they just get welfare? More babies= more money. Everyone wins.

Babies are not the same as free money.

20) A real mother lays down her life for her children. Not Vice-Versa.

Then clearly anybody who wants an abortion isn’t really a mother and shouldn’t be having a baby anyway. By your dumbass logic, anyway.

21) Having the right to your body is in no way equal to the right to murder someone else.

So clearly we should be in the business of forced organ donation. Or at least forced bone marrow donation and forced blood-giving.

22) If It’s “your body, your choice†how come you don’t get a choice in the third trimester?

You should.

23) Does your baby’s body count as “your body†after birth? Then it’s not your body before.

No, but it IS completely dependent on your body for all things before birth and after birth it is not.

24) Being pregnant means no periods for nine months! How could you say no to that?

Being pregnant is one of the few things that sounds worse than nine periods.

25) Your Queen, Margaret Sanger, was anti-abortion.

I have no idea if this is true but Margaret Sanger is not my queen, so…

26) Susan B. Anthony was pro-life AND a feminist.

So what?

27) If we’re wrong, millions of women had to give birth to unplanned babies. If you’re wrong, millions of people were murdered in the name of “freedom.â€

If you’re wrong many women and infants would die and many more infants would be subject to short, painful lives. And that’s just the beginning of problems that might come from forced birth.

28) A zygote meets all the scientific qualifications of HUMAN life at the moment of conception.

So you should be cool with removing it from the woman’s uterus and just letting it go from there, right?

29) If we found something on Mars with a heatbeat, we would call it “alive.â€

So? We wouldn’t call it a person. If you eat meat, every animal you eat once had a heartbeat and was killed.

30) I’d rather be anti-choice than anti-LIFE.

I’d rather be pro-choice than forced-birth.

31) Many women regret their abortions. Mothers don’t regret motherhood.

Some do. So what?

32) We used to think it was okay to burn people at the stake. We learned our lesson.

Many pro-lifers think that the death penalty and murdering abortion providers is okay.

33) “Pro-choicers don’t commit acts of terrorism in the name of their cause…†True. They just support and commit MURDER.

That’s what terrorism is.

34) No more coathangers? I thought illegal abortions were YOUR choice?

What the ever loving fuck?

35) It’s called “murder when a mother throws her newborn in a dumpster. Why is it a “choice†the day before?

People don’t abort fetuses that are going to be viable at 40 weeks.

36) If a “zygote†is not a person at conception, but a baby is at birth, when does the magic Personhood Fairy come along?

When the baby gains bodily autonomy.

37) If everyone had abortion, there would be no more people.

Good riddance? And most people want to reproduce whether abortion is legal or not.

38) Where is the movement to make rape, bank robbery, and murder of adult people safer for the criminal?

If an abortion isn’t safe than both the woman and fetus die. I though you were “pro-life�

39) Mary was a 12-year-old single mother who didn’t decide to have sex. She chose life.

And if she tried to force other people to make the same decision as her that would be fucked up.

40) All 50 states have Safe Haven laws. Fast, anonymous adoptions are within EVERYONE’s reach.

Women shouldn’t be forced to endure nine months of pregnancy and birth, whether they have to take care of the resulting baby or not.

41) Baby eagles are protected so why not baby people?

Baby people are protected. But suppose you were really trying to argue that eagle eggs are protected and fetuses aren’t? First of all, eagles are endangered, humans aren’t, second of all, eggs aren’t dependent on the mother eagle the same way that mammal fetuses are dependent on their mothers.

42) If abortion is as normal and acceptable as you claim, why are there so few movies and TV shows that show it?

Don’t know, don’t care. How does what is portrayed in the media determine what should be allowed in society or not. Does the fact that robbery is routinely shown in movies and TV shows somehow make it okay?

43) I don’t hear you complaining about Christian principles making the murder of teenagers illegal.

Those aren’t solely Christian principles.

44) If you have time to have sex, you have time to get a job and support your new baby.

Not necessarily and irrelavent.

45) Casey Anthony was just making a choice about her family and her life. She just wasn’t ready to be a mother, and she made a mistake. Oh wait, she’s in jail for that.

She murdered a toddler who was not dependent on her body for survival.

46) If you cared so much about women, where were your Pre-Roe Crisis Pregnancy Centers?

I don’t really understand what you’re talking about, but either way I wasn’t alive prior to Roe v. Wade so I couldn’t do much about it back then now could I have?

47) If your mothers has aborted you, there would be no abortion movement at all.

Unlikely.

48) It’s funny that “women’s rights†suddenly end when sex-selective abortion comes into play.

Do they now?

49) Pro-lifers care about ALL WOMEN, not just the born ones.

No, they only care about females who haven’t been born yet.

50) Women are made to create and give life to the world. Not end life before it can flourish.

What I do with my body is none of your goddamned business.

51) If Michelle Duggar can do it 19 times, you can do it once.

Michelle Duggar is an idiot.

52) If so many people supposedly die from abortions, why do you encourage them?

I don’t.

53) If there were a “gay gene,†it would be the pro-LIFERS defending the right to life of the gay babies and the “pro-CHOICERS†arguing that they should be killed.

Doubt it. Also pro-choicers don’t argue in favor of aborting fetuses. They argue in favor of each woman being given a choice.

I find the 'mothers don't regret motherhood' line complete BS. Many women regret having children. It's just not talked about since it's a taboo subject.

I find the 'mothers don't regret motherhood' line complete BS. Many women regret having children. It's just not talked about since it's a taboo subject.

Or they're stuck in a patriarchal society that they have no other choice but to get married and become a walking uterus. :evil:

Pomology.

:clap:

Oh, and Casey Anthony's not even in jail, so her comment on that is a total fail.

Jeezum H. Crackers, there are that many already?

Also, #12 is not endorsed by the Dr. Seuss estate. At the time of his death, he and his wife were in the middle of suing anti-choice groups who used Horton Hears a Who in that way.

So, I was really bored and just responded to everyone one of these inane statements. Some of my responses are admittedly better than others, but still. This girl lacks the logic she seems to think she has.

12) A person’s a person no matter how small.

:? Isn't this a line from "Horton Hears a Who?"

ETA: damn you, GeoBQN! You posted while I was trying to figure out how to snip posts on my ipad.

46) If you cared so much about women, where were your Pre-Roe Crisis Pregnancy Centers?

I don’t really understand what you’re talking about, but either way I wasn’t alive prior to Roe v. Wade so I couldn’t do much about it back then now could I have?

Crisis Pregnancy Centers exist to convince women considering abortion to keep the baby, that is all. They lie, guilt, and pressure a woman into giving birth to a baby she never wanted in the first place. Prior to Roe v. Wade a wouldn't have gone into a Drs office to get a pregnancy test and told anyone there she was thinking of abortion. If there were no CPC's back then it's simply because the pro-lifer's never had face the fact that women were choosing abortion over carrying a child to term and that's all.

Archived