IGNORED

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers

Visionoyahweh

"just get incredibly resentful at the pro-lifers who like to use words like "murder" and shit like that, implying that people are well, "murdering babies" and since its a not difficult decision for some, that they're like cold blooded or something, like, nothing pisses me off more than when I hear one of my pro-life relatives scream about that."

Make sure you let them know that if they have EVER been angry at ANYONE, God thinks they are a murderer too.

1 John 3:15 (NKJV) Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

I would be a little more concerned if God thought I was a murderer than if some overzealous pro-lifer thought I was a murderer. Just saying.

I think God also told people that when they fight in his name they should rip the unborn from their mother's wombs and dash them against the rocks.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Is it a troll? Did I miss something?

It's clueless and identifies as fundie, but claims to not understand why that puts people's hackles up. They claim to be RL friends with a lot of the people who get snarked on and said they have more in common with the snarkees than the snarkers, so I'm really not sure what's going on there.

It's clueless and identifies as fundie, but claims to not understand why that puts people's hackles up. They claim to be RL friends with a lot of the people who get snarked on and said they have more in common with the snarkees than the snarkers, so I'm really not sure what's going on there.

I think there's a group of fundies that are getting brave and coming here to pretend like they just want to participate. This one and BexRani are good examples. They probably have it in their heads they're going to witness to the ebil FJ'ers or something. They can kiss my big ol' religion-hating, feminist ass. :obscene-birdiered:

tumblr_m52dygmlfO1rxewzbo1_500.jpg

And if a baby can breathe and survive outside the womb at 40 weeks...?

:doh:

Excellent circular logic!

Of the 'how do I know God is real..its in the Bible of course! variety.

My close friend who had an abortion found it an easy decision, had a pro-choice SO and family, and had me who is very pro choice. It was an easy decision, and she felt relieved and happy afterwards. But she once told me she felt she was supposed to feel worse about it or find it more difficult, because that's what was epected of her.

No one should be made to feel like their feelings are wrong.

Exactly. I too know a couple people for whom the decision process and the abortion itself were not difficult at all. If I had to guess, I'd hazard that for most pregnant people the decision to abort is made easily, that most also experience some negative emotions, and that most have no regrets whatsoever when all is said and done. However this is purely anecdata. I don't think I'd bat an eyelash if I had an abortion, but you never know, maybe the hormones would screw with me. Anyway, the "never an easy choice" line has to go. As does "the pain/turmoil/loss/whathaveyou of having an abortion is punishment enough". And that last one has been used by supposed pro-choicers.

Exactly. I too know a couple people for whom the decision process and the abortion itself were not difficult at all. If I had to guess, I'd hazard that for most pregnant people the decision to abort is made easily, that most also experience some negative emotions, and that most have no regrets whatsoever when all is said and done. However this is purely anecdata. I don't think I'd bat an eyelash if I had an abortion, but you never know, maybe the hormones would screw with me. Anyway, the "never an easy choice" line has to go. As does "the pain/turmoil/loss/whathaveyou of having an abortion is punishment enough". And that last one has been used by supposed pro-choicers.

Yergh, punishment? that's pretty awful. I'd never ever say that holy crap. One of my friends who had one, had 2 other kids, had to travel to a DIFFERENT STATE to get one and she says it was a tough decision but the best one she ever made in her life. But like I said, anecdotal!!! And I agree with her. She terminated the pregnancy in order to give her already existing kids a decent life (she had no health insurance and didn't qualify for state aid). I say that was an insanely rational decision that is PRO ALREADY EXISTING CHILD.

In my fantasy society It'd be so that it was literally NO BIG DEAL~ like having a tooth pulled or something. People would be able to be frank about having one and folks would say "Sounds like you're a bit under the weather from the anesthesia do you need anything while you recover, want me to throw a load of wash in?". (my sister had a D&C for a loss which is from what i'm told the same procedure. And she needed some help for the rest of the day afterwards.)

Anyone see the "9 months with no periods!" one? This girl has obviously never been pregnant. And I say that as someone who has never been pregnant. I'd take 9 periods over the side-effects of a healthy pregnancy any day. And I have bad periods.

She whipped out the Quiverfull Bible verse in a question about birth control. I thought ATI/VF SAHD's weren't allowed internet access?

I think there's a group of fundies that are getting brave and coming here to pretend like they just want to participate. This one and BexRani are good examples. They probably have it in their heads they're going to witness to the ebil FJ'ers or something. They can kiss my big ol' religion-hating, feminist ass. :obscene-birdiered:

they are State. Should never trust State. they sneak in and use

your good will against you.

Anyone see the "9 months with no periods!" one? This girl has obviously never been pregnant. And I say that as someone who has never been pregnant. I'd take 9 periods over the side-effects of a healthy pregnancy any day. And I have bad periods.

I can have 9 months with no periods by taking birth control! Win-win.

As a pro-lifer, I don't see and even remotely valid arguments on what little of that site I bothered to read. At baby doesn't have all the organs and nerves and everything right at conception. There's no brain stem at 4 weeks. That is as dumb as saying that if a baby can breathe at 40 weeks, it can breathe at 4 weeks. That is the single stupidest reason I've ever heard for being pro-life, even stupider than "because the bible says so." Really they're both as stupid, but I've heard the latter so much that I'm desensitized to it. Babies DO feel before birth. No one can say Josie wasn't capable of feeling when she was born, or that she shouldn't have been saved. But she had a nervous system that was developed and a brain and everything necessary to feel pain. At 4 weeks of pregnancy, realistically you're 1-2 weeks post-conception since the first part of pregnancy is before conception (so by default we're all 2 weeks pregnant every month).

Hell, throughout my first pregnancy, I spotted like crazy and cramped a LOT. Only difference was I couldn't take Advil for the crampy pain, which was a fucking beastly.

Does anyone else feel like being pro-life is such a cop out? I mean how hard is it to go on some internet site and say you love babies? and argue with pro-choicers? I mean there are so many charities and causes out there to fight for and being pro-life just seems so easy. I'm not talking about people who just believe that abortion is wrong, but the people who call themselves activists or something and join facebook groups. It's like they wanted to get involved with something to show how high and righteous they are, and they picked the lamest thing. Does anyone else feel that way? Maybe it's just that there are so many little high school kids who have not yet experienced the real world thinking they are so smart with their facebook groups and tumblrs and twitterings. "I care about the world! I care about society! I'm involved! Abortion is clearly the worst thing affecting us today!" And they always fall back on their argument that abortion is murder. Like, I've had discussions with pro-lifers before (online) where I'm kicking their argument in the butt but then they end it with "well everything you said doesn't matter anyways, because abortion is murder." So they basically admit everything I've said is truth and they have no comeback. I might just be feeling bitter today. :angry-soapbox:

Does anyone else feel like being pro-life is such a cop out? snip

I sort of agree with you, I see a few people on the internet who seem to have picked it as a cause just because there is a lot of vocal opposition and you can make arguments about babies and murder without thinking logically.

On the other hand, as a vegetarian I empathise with pro-lifers, because I understand what it's like to say something is murder (meat is murder!) and not be taken seriously. I get very distressed thinking about how many animals are being tortured and killed (not humanely at all) just to satisfy the taste preferences of people who were brought up that way and don't know any different. So I feel very bad for pro-lifers who are genuinely distressed about what they see as torturing and killing. I understand how it would make you upset. I just wish they'd think more logically and either all become vegetarians too (if they care that much about preventing pain and suffering) or realise that an early foetus has no nervous system, and there's a risk/benefit analysis when looking at the life of the mother.

She's posting Silent Scream as evidence for early gestation fetal pain!

OK, who's going to tell her that SS is fake...

She's posting Silent Scream as evidence for early gestation fetal pain!

OK, who's going to tell her that SS is fake...

I don't see that -- where is it?

Her latest post uses the words "defrauding pictures," though! :lol:

As a pro-lifer, I don't see and even remotely valid arguments on what little of that site I bothered to read. At baby doesn't have all the organs and nerves and everything right at conception. There's no brain stem at 4 weeks. That is as dumb as saying that if a baby can breathe at 40 weeks, it can breathe at 4 weeks. That is the single stupidest reason I've ever heard for being pro-life, even stupider than "because the bible says so." Really they're both as stupid, but I've heard the latter so much that I'm desensitized to it. Babies DO feel before birth. No one can say Josie wasn't capable of feeling when she was born, or that she shouldn't have been saved. But she had a nervous system that was developed and a brain and everything necessary to feel pain. At 4 weeks of pregnancy, realistically you're 1-2 weeks post-conception since the first part of pregnancy is before conception (so by default we're all 2 weeks pregnant every month).

Why are you pro-life?

I can have 9 months with no periods by taking birth control! Win-win.

I had almost exactly the same thought. My IUD gives me no periods for two years and counting. Checkmate, pro-lifers? ;)

"just get incredibly resentful at the pro-lifers who like to use words like "murder" and shit like that, implying that people are well, "murdering babies" and since its a not difficult decision for some, that they're like cold blooded or something, like, nothing pisses me off more than when I hear one of my pro-life relatives scream about that."

Make sure you let them know that if they have EVER been angry at ANYONE, God thinks they are a murderer too.

1 John 3:15 (NKJV) Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

I would be a little more concerned if God thought I was a murderer than if some overzealous pro-lifer thought I was a murderer. Just saying.

Hosea 9:14 "Give them, O LORD–what will You give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts."

Hosea 13:16 - The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.

2 Kings 15:16 At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women

1 Samuel 15:3 - Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey

Killing unborn babies and infants is cool in God's eyes in many situations.

Susan B. Anthony died more than a hundred years ago. If she's the only feminist you can find who's pro-life, you're kind of grasping at straws.

Question: So, am I a baby murderer if the pain of being pregnant causes me to kill myself? Because without an abortion, guess what I'll do? Wow, guess you're not pro-existing-life. Just pro-forced-birth.

Answer: If you feel enough pain and sadness that you would take your own life, you really need to turn to the Lord. He will comfort you and take away all of your pain.

If you really cannot bring yourself to turn to Jesus, you should seek professional help. But murder will not make you feel better.

The first paragraph is just ridiculous.

As for the second? Sure, if someone's suicidal she needs professional help, but if that's partially due to an unwanted pregnancy then part of the professional help should come in the form of an abortion. It's not murder, and it would sure as hell make me feel better in that situation.

Hosea 9:14 "Give them, O LORD–what will You give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts."

Hosea 13:16 - The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.

2 Kings 15:16 At that time Menahem, starting out from Tirzah, attacked Tiphsah and everyone in the city and its vicinity, because they refused to open their gates. He sacked Tiphsah and ripped open all the pregnant women

1 Samuel 15:3 - Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey

Killing unborn babies and infants is cool in God's eyes in many situations.

NOt only that, but isn't the fine for causing a woman to miscarry/lose a fetus less than killing an infant or child?

http://checkmateprochoicers.tumblr.com/ ... wardly-for

For those of you who have called me “cowardly†for not answering your messages: this is why.

I am an incredibly popular blogger and you are among hundreds of people sending me messages. I apologize for just not having the time to answer them all.

BE SILENT LITTLE PEOPLE! She's INCREDIBLY POPULAR. :roll:

tumblr_m52drdcVit1rxewzbo1_500.jpg

ETA: Sorry, wrong pic.

.....Because that shows how desperate for an abortion a woman can get?? Does she think that wire hangers and knitting needles must be safe too, then?

.....Because that shows how desperate for an abortion a woman can get?? Does she think that wire hangers and knitting needles must be safe too, then?

That's why my incredibly pro life grandmother thinks that outlawing abortions is the stupidest idea ever. She says "i'd rather someone get one safely and I disagree with them morally with what they did, than 2 people die in the process"

Pretty progressive for an 90 year old arch conservative....

Archived