IGNORED

Checkmate, Pro-Choicers

Visionoyahweh

Yup. Because unspanked children run in the road. (looks around at five children who are not in road and raises eyebrow)

So a fetus/unborn baby shouldn't feel pain during an abortion but a born toddler/child can during a spanking? Makes sense.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurting a fetus = bad should be illegal.

Hurting a toddler = good, parents need to do it or their kids will be evil.

:roll:

I will be surprised if Elle comes back she has a tendency to ignore threads in which she gets called out in. Plus, it is hard to defend hitting kids.

Ahahahahahaha. Isn't she the one who hates doctors because they are out to give everyone a C-section by force? And she personally knows scads of people that this has happened to? Correct me if I'm wrong, when she gets going on the childbirth stuff I usually try to duck out of the thread before I put my head *through* my desk.

Yep. She's the one.

I know, I know. I shouldn't poke the hornet's nest.

:shock: Oh. Right, I'd forgotten they could break bones.

Yup. They broke my left collarbone during birth then pulled me out with forceps (still have a dent on my forehead). That had to hurt both me and my mom

So Elle is anti-abortion and pro-spanking? I wonder if she's one of the fundie bloggers we follow trying to stir up something.

Plus, it is hard to defend hitting kids.

Especially if your main argument against abortion is "the babeez feel teh painz!"

So Elle is anti-abortion and pro-spanking? I wonder if she's one of the fundie bloggers we follow trying to stir up something.

She was around for the cruel persecution of ConfusedJezebel (aka the Great Peanut Butter War of Yuku), so I think something would've twigged by now if it were the case.

May I ask what about birth is painful for the baby? Is it that fontanelle thing?

Well I don't know about normal L&D but that was one of the reasons I terminated. My child would have been born with broken ribs and probably broken limbs because the contractures took away the flexibility from her. So my termination spared pain, not caused it. (as it was over in seconds, since I opted for stopping the heart)

http://checkmateprochoicers.tumblr.com/ ... ing-a-slut

I consider it every time we talk about modesty and purity in church or youth group. I consider how awful it must feel to give away pieces of your heart before marriage, and I consider how sad non-virgins must be when they finally marry their one true love and have nothing to give him.

Yes, I have considered being impure. And that is why I am chaste.

So we have "defrauding" and "giving away pieces of your heart." Can we start playing fundie bingo with this girl?

I have a college friend whose ex wife is pretty much ignoring their son, not coming to school events, not regularly paying child support and so on, even though she lives in the same town. So, once the child is born it can go either way.

Once the child is born, abortion is not an option. ;)

A man can walk away seconds after ejaculation, while the woman he impregnanted has to deal with the unplanned pregnancy (or ignore it and then deal with an unplanned birth and baby).

Nice try troll. I'm a Jew. Doesn't apply as I don't think the Christian scriptures have any validity on a theological basis.Unless you mean its THEM. I still don't agree at all, but if you're calling me a murderer for getting pissed at them? yeah. wow..

I was being sarcastic when I said that. I wasn't calling you a murderer. I was saying that this is a response I've used to many people who have made the argument that abortion is murder, all while being generally hateful people.

I am basically calling the people you mentioned above hypocrites. That's all. Sorry, I should have put a smiley or something to denote intent.

Also, sorry for not getting back to your response. I had forgotten that I had commented on this. For the record, I have no problem with abortions before 24 weeks. Which as you can imagine, does not make me very popular with many people of a similar background.

http://checkmateprochoicers.tumblr.com/post/24555587799

Well, I was gonna ask what she thought of young girls who were molested, but I guess this answers it. Dumb cuntface whore. :evil:

I rather like the people who answer the nastiness with goofiness, highlighting just how stupid her arguments are, as with this comment:

Scooby was a Great Dane who didn’t decide to be a cartoon. He chose Shaggy. BOOM!

Every bit as logical as her ideas.

Guest Anonymous
I was being sarcastic when I said that. I wasn't calling you a murderer. I was saying that this is a response I've used to many people who have made the argument that abortion is murder, all while being generally hateful people.

I am basically calling the people you mentioned above hypocrites. That's all. Sorry, I should have put a smiley or something to denote intent.

Also, sorry for not getting back to your response. I had forgotten that I had commented on this. For the record, I have no problem with abortions before 24 weeks. Which as you can imagine, does not make me very popular with many people of a similar background.

Somebody page treemom, please. Why do you think women would wait that long to have an abortion? If someone is having a late term abortion it is almost certainly because something has gone very wrong with a wanted pregnancy. You can't just pop round to Planned Parenthood and get an abortion at 24 weeks because you're tired of being pregnant. You need to educate yourself on this subject.

http://checkmateprochoicers.tumblr.com/post/24555587799

Well, I was gonna ask what she thought of young girls who were molested, but I guess this answers it. Dumb cuntface whore. :evil:

I think she means Mary, as in the mother of Jesus. But it definitely a slam at other women who get pregnant against their will and choose not to have the baby.

I think she means Mary, as in the mother of Jesus. But it definitely a slam at other women who get pregnant against their will and choose not to have the baby.

Yea I know she meant that Mary. Doesn't mean it's any less offensive though.

Somebody page treemom, please. Why do you think women would wait that long to have an abortion? If someone is having a late term abortion it is almost certainly because something has gone very wrong with a wanted pregnancy. You can't just pop round to Planned Parenthood and get an abortion at 24 weeks because you're tired of being pregnant. You need to educate yourself on this subject.

I don't see where you are getting "women just get tired of being pregnant at 23 weeks so they should be able to abort" from "I have no problem with abortions before 24 weeks".

Guest Anonymous
I don't see where you are getting "women just get tired of being pregnant at 23 weeks so they should be able to abort" from "I have no problem with abortions before 24 weeks".

I'm a little confused by your statement, sorry. I'll try to clarify though.

I read her post as saying she does have a problem with abortions after that point, so I stated that those are almost universally done for major medical reasons, and I think she should look into why those abortions take place. There's a lot of late term abortion propaganda amongst the fundie crowd and many people think you can just up and get a late term abortion at will when that is not the case at all.

Oh, I just can't even ... I think I'm gonna barf :puke-huge:

That is DISGUSTING. Seriously sick.

I think either be all pro-life or no pro-life without exceptions (what, the baby doesn't feel pain and isn't murdered if it's a rape baby? or is it? or are you saying it's justifiable in some circumstances and not others, in which case basically judging women who have consensual sex) but that's just a horrible, horrible way of saying it. That whole web site is gross, they layout and everything.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Sorry, it seems I need to explain to my stance a little better. In the case of a medical emergency I think a woman can have an abortion past 24 weeks. I didn't think that needed clarified, as if pregnancy is keeping her from living it surely aught to be ended. There is nothing pro-life about killing a woman to save an infant that may not live anyway. Or at least not in my opinion. Rape is included in this scenario, as many women who are raped are impeded from receiving proper health care by their rapists or families. Which means there is a good chance that a woman from is impregnated against her will may find it difficult to get a pregnancy terminated in a timely fashion, which is surely not her fault and she should not be punished for.

I prefer that abortion for reasons of birth control be performed prior to 24 weeks only because from everything I've read, that is approximately the age in which a fetus feels pain. It has been a while since I have looked that information up, so it could be outdated.

I have personally vowed against violence of all kind, so the thought to physically harming something bothers me on a personal level. But forcing a woman to remain pregnant against her will is violent in my opinion. So my 24 week stance is merely a personal ideal, but certainly not all situations fall into that category. Nor will I bash or vilify a woman who had one after that.

Does any of that make sense? Sorry, I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts via the Internet.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Sorry, it seems I need to explain to my stance a little better. In the case of a medical emergency I think a woman can have an abortion past 24 weeks. I didn't think that needed clarified, as if pregnancy is keeping her from living it surely aught to be ended. There is nothing pro-life about killing a woman to save an infant that may not live anyway. Or at least not in my opinion. Rape is included in this scenario, as many women who are raped are impeded from receiving proper health care by their rapists or families. Which means there is a good chance that a woman from is impregnated against her will may find it difficult to get a pregnancy terminated in a timely fashion, which is surely not her fault and she should not be punished for.

I prefer that abortion for reasons of birth control be performed prior to 24 weeks only because from everything I've read, that is approximately the age in which a fetus feels pain. It has been a while since I have looked that information up, so it could be outdated.

I have personally vowed against violence of all kind, so the thought to physically harming something bothers me on a personal level. But forcing a woman to remain pregnant against her will is violent in my opinion. So my 24 week stance is merely a personal ideal, but certainly not all situations fall into that category. Nor will I bash or vilify a woman who had one after that.

Does any of that make sense? Sorry, I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts via the Internet.

Didn't you say you spanked in another thread?

No I do not spank. My parents did, I know very well that spanking does not work and stated as such in the thread you are referencing.

In fact, there was a whole discussion where I became angry because i thought someone was accusing me of spanking my kids. The snippiness i exhibited towards that poster was unjustifiable, because I misunderstood her statement completely and that's not what she was getting at.

I went back and rechecked that thread. My mistake.

Archived