IGNORED

Duggar portraits

breaker

See, I never notice PSing. I appreciate those of you who do. Josh's head would have to be on Anna's body and vice versa, for me to notice anything. I also can't tell when people are wearing wigs. Someone says, "wow, that's a really bad wig", and I start squinting trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever photoshoped Anna's belly did a really bad job of it, especially in the pic of her and Josh when it's super obvious. I wonder how pregnant she is. I guess they'll announce it once she gives birth? Real people shirts don't look like that

Whoever photoshoped Anna's belly did a really bad job of it, especially in the pic of her and Josh when it's super obvious. I wonder how pregnant she is. I guess they'll announce it once she gives birth? Real people shirts don't look like that

This has been going on so long that I'm wondering if Michelle went nutso after Jubilee and hasn't noticed Anna's bump and no one is telling her?!?! How long ago did we first see "maybe baby bump" pics of Anna?!?!

See, I never notice PSing. I appreciate those of you who do. Josh's head would have to be on Anna's body and vice versa, for me to notice anything. I also can't tell when people are wearing wigs. Someone says, "wow, that's a really bad wig", and I start squinting trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

+1. I need to look at them again, see if I'm able to see it now that I've read others description.

More shocking to me than the defrauding skirt lengths was the appearance of Grandma Duggar in a photo by herself. They allowed her out of the laundry room for once!

And why oh why are JB and Michelle wearing the EXACT same shade of blue? But I am loving the slightly awkward placement of JB's hand on Michelle in the pictures, it's almost like he's got the arms of a Lego man.

"You see Josh... its like legos... " ..... :lol:

Looked at the Smugger fam pictures again and still not seeing it. O well. Her pregnancy'll probably be announced the first episode.

I'm also not great at spotting photoshopped pics. Is there anywhere here kind enough to actually copy the pic into Paint and highlight all the little things I should be noticing? I agree that it just looks a little weird overall, but I guess I don't have that eye for detail.

I'm also not great at spotting photoshopped pics. Is there anywhere here kind enough to actually copy the pic into Paint and highlight all the little things I should be noticing? I agree that it just looks a little weird overall, but I guess I don't have that eye for detail.

I'm not used to the Picasa photo setup. Is there an enlarged version of that picture? I will do an image with some boxes of the Photoshopping I notice. It will be easier to see with a larger photo, though.

There's gotta be some 'shopping going on-

Anna's hand in that picture, unless her index finger is broken, they tweaked the damn thing.

I also can't tell when people are wearing wigs. Someone says, "wow, that's a really bad wig", and I start squinting trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

My lesson for the day; when a guy has a poof of shocking red hair on top, and there's a wide ribbon band of white hair around the middle of his head, that's a bad toupee.

I like that the older girls are getting more fashion choices but I just do not see how a knee length a-line type style skirt is more modest then capris. My daughter has a huge wardrobe and she has some skirts like the Duggars girls are wearing. I would not let her wear (nor would she want to) if she was planning on an active day. I assume everyday is active for theolder girls, cooking , cleaning, bending over to help buddies that they don't have some serious nike moments(or are they allowed to wear some sort of bikers shorts under the skirt). Capris would actually be longer and theer would be no chance of bending over and accidently having your brothers see some undergarments.

I like that the older girls are getting more fashion choices but I just do not see how a knee length a-line type style skirt is more modest then capris. My daughter has a huge wardrobe and she has some skirts like the Duggars girls are wearing. I would not let her wear (nor would she want to) if she was planning on an active day. I assume everyday is active for theolder girls, cooking , cleaning, bending over to help buddies that they don't have some serious nike moments(or are they allowed to wear some sort of bikers shorts under the skirt). Capris would actually be longer and theer would be no chance of bending over and accidently having your brothers see some undergarments.

Skirts-only is not a modesty issue, it's because the Duggars (and many fundies) regard pants as exclusively male clothing (and a verse in Deuteronomy forbids cross dressing, and to a Duggar girl wearing capris would be cross dressing).

Skirts-only is not a modesty issue, it's because the Duggars (and many fundies) regard pants as exclusively male clothing (and a verse in Deuteronomy forbids cross dressing, and to a Duggar girl wearing capris would be cross dressing).

I guess Jesus was a cross dresser.

(although I know the PP claims Jesus wore trousers, presumably with zippered fly fronts.)

I always wondered why the younger girls wear gymboree leggings and tunic tops. The duggars may call it dresses and leggings but gymboree calls it tops and leggings(Im a bit of a gymbo-nut). There is an episode that Hannie is wearing the gymbore harvest leaves orange knit top and leggings. It was a very popular (and expensive) gymboree outfit so I'm positive it was a top and leggings not a dress.

There's gotta be some 'shopping going on-

Anna's hand in that picture, unless her index finger is broken, they tweaked the damn thing.

Yeah, Anna's finger in the picture with Smugs (which I didn't notice right away) is pretty a hilarious example of over-zealous photoshopping.

This was done quick to give an idea on where to look...

pw2yx.jpg

Just my opinion on what was done to this one, someone with better Photoshop skills can correct me if I am wrong. It looks they used the warp tool to flatten out the are around her belly. When this is done, if you don't correct all the edges, there are noticeable changes to the outline. I assume the outline was near her index finger and wasn't corrected. Not only is it bent, but you can see how much wider it is at the knuckle. The thumb also looks to be shortened because of it.

I threw together an example that I did myself. In this, I made the girl's left bicep area slimmer. I cleaned up most of the outline, but missed the upper part of the bicep and zipper area so you can see those don't line up correctly.

2yywfmf.jpg

Now the second spot...

1gizqt.jpg

The first thing is easier to see. It's how unnaturally straight her shirt falls along the edge while the rest of her shirt bunches and curves a bit. Not something that is completely impossible with a picture. However, compared to the rest of the picture, the edge of the shirt has a more jagged look to it than the border between, say, Josh's shirt and the background. You can also see a repetition in patterns on the ground and in her shirt. Something like that would be done with a tool called Clone Stamp. What you do is select a small area and then repeat the same area to cover something up. It's easier to spot when the area you use it is directly next to the area you cloned.

The best example I can think of is when Iran was testing weapons and sent out pictures of it. To make it look like they had more than they actually did, they used the clone stamp.

0709-lede-IRAN.jpg

If there was a bigger picture of her, it would be easier to point out the exact areas. Zooming into this one just makes everything look blurry and it is hard to see anything that way.

Looking at pictures of all the kids is interesting to me. As much as I hate the Duggars and wish they hadn't had 19 kids, I find biology and genetics fascinating. Seeing all of the ways Boob and Mullet's genetics played out is pretty interesting.

Are we sure her shirt isn't just wrinkled or made of something cheap like rayon or viscrose? Some of those synthetic fabrics stretch out and do weird things.

I don't think the older girls wear overdone makeup at all, unless you mean the harsh eyeliner. A brown would look nicer like Urban Decay Whiskey liner or something. But I think it's just a fad among teengers to wear black. I know it was when I was one.

Jessa's hair looks really pretty. Jinger's pink jacket appears to be her blue shirt.

Are we sure her shirt isn't just wrinkled or made of something cheap like rayon or viscrose? Some of those synthetic fabrics stretch out and do weird things.

I don't think the older girls wear overdone makeup at all, unless you mean the harsh eyeliner. A brown would look nicer like Urban Decay Whiskey liner or something. But I think it's just a fad among teengers to wear black. I know it was when I was one.

Jessa's hair looks really pretty. Jinger's pink jacket appears to be her blue shirt.

No, it's not just wrinkled or made from cheap fabric. It's 'shopped for sure. Looking at the whole pic, Anna's shape is just... unnatural.

To the Duggars, Have you ever seen a boy wearing capris?

If you look at the rest of the Duggar picasa page, there is a folder dedicated entirely to James.

Wow, Josie has got some hair! Is it me, or does smuggly resemble a pumpkin going for first place?

I could almost buy that, looking at the bottom of her shirt. It does look like she was sitting down, got the shirt wrinkled near the bottom and it started doing weird things. That hand shot, though...they would have to have snapped a picture at a seriously weird angle to get her finger to look like that :? It's not natural.

To the Duggars, Have you ever seen a boy wearing capris?

If you look at the rest of the Duggar picasa page, there is a folder dedicated entirely to James.

I wonder why..... Is he the one Michelle was going gaga over in the "20 years, 20 Duggars" thing?

The one labeled "Duggar Sisters," looks a little like a mail order bride catalog. Take your pic, fundie boys!

Then the one after it, the one where their skirts are shorter looks so awkward. It's like someone said, "Try to look casual, like you're hanging out with your sisters!" But none of them knew how to do that, except to stand in their spots so all 4 are visible. Also, you could not pay me to stand in that overgrown, weeds and ivy combination in flip flops. Ick.

But why are they hiding the pregnancy? I am firmly in the camp that she is indeed pregnant but why hide it so hard? Baby 3M is going to be very hurt by the lengths his/her parents went to to hide him/her. Maybe they are having the baby for Michelle instead of buying her a used reborn? :whistle:

Archived