IGNORED

Duggar portraits

breaker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first thought was that I always forget there is a Jason!

Jason I remember because he looks like a young Jedediah to me. The one I always forget about is poor Justin!

Does the world need another picture of JB and Jchelle kissing?

Or Smugger & Anna or the Bates or or or.....Enough we get it you are allowed because you are married. Defrauding viewers each time, but allowed to do so I guess.

Spider Burps, what does the uneven colour and pixellation along the edges of J&A's photo indicate? That the affected spots were altered, or just that the picture itself was put through photo editing software?

Spider Burps, what does the uneven colour and pixellation along the edges of J&A's photo indicate? That the affected spots were altered, or just that the picture itself was put through photo editing software?

The uneven coloring indicates that the images have higher ELA (Error Loss Analysis) values, which indicates editing. When an image is saved, it saves independently in 8x8 squares that come together to form the bigger picture, if you will. Because they're compressed and saved independently, the loss that occurs during the save is fairly uniform (square 1 isn't going to have more loss than, say, square 48 because they were created together, IYKWIM). When one opens and resaves the original image, there will be some loss, but it will be even across all of the squares. When one edits a portion of an image, however, those parts will have higher potential for error, which means that during ELA those 8x8 squares show up as brighter and, depending on the quality of the editing, more squared off.

If that doesn't make sense, look at the image, then look at the watermarked corner on the photo I ELA'd. See how it's white and looks like one giant rectangle, rather than looking like the letters that make up the copyright information? Now, compare that to, say, the edges of Anna's arm or the tops of their head (common edit to get flyaways). Pretty similar, right? It's because they're both unoriginal to the image and are, essentially, resting "on top" of it, rather than being fully integrated into it.

I am wondering if anna has been struggling. We know she has had at least 1 miscarriage, so she may be a little gun-shy about announcing a pregnancy to the world until she has gotten past the point where she had previously miscarried. In addition, with Michelle losing Jubilee so late in the pregnancy Anna (not understanding that her MIL's age has much to do with it) may be paranoid....or maybe she is just putting on weight with Joshie...

All of the above?

My first thought was that I always forget there is a Jason!

I thought Jason was a fictional for a really long time. Poor kid.

The uneven coloring indicates that the images have higher ELA (Error Loss Analysis) values, which indicates editing. When an image is saved, it saves independently in 8x8 squares that come together to form the bigger picture, if you will. Because they're compressed and saved independently, the loss that occurs during the save is fairly uniform (square 1 isn't going to have more loss than, say, square 48 because they were created together, IYKWIM). When one opens and resaves the original image, there will be some loss, but it will be even across all of the squares. When one edits a portion of an image, however, those parts will have higher potential for error, which means that during ELA those 8x8 squares show up as brighter and, depending on the quality of the editing, more squared off.

If that doesn't make sense, look at the image, then look at the watermarked corner on the photo I ELA'd. See how it's white and looks like one giant rectangle, rather than looking like the letters that make up the copyright information? Now, compare that to, say, the edges of Anna's arm or the tops of their head (common edit to get flyaways). Pretty similar, right? It's because they're both unoriginal to the image and are, essentially, resting "on top" of it, rather than being fully integrated into it.

Oh wow, that's cool. I thought the whole pictures looked photoshopped. Some of them look way too magazine-y.

I always remember Jason because he seems a little mean-spirited compared to the other kids. Some of the comments he makes to the others makes me think he's got a really high opinion of himself, and thinks it's funny to subtly insult his brothers (I first noticed it with the way he talks to Jed). It's odd to me, partly because he seems to admire Josiah so much and Josiah has always struck me as a nice guy. Justin is more anonymous to me, I couldn't tell you a single thing about his personality.

Justin is more anonymous to me, I couldn't tell you a single thing about his personality.

Justin so far seems to be a little sweetie who spends time looking after Jordyn. He might be her secondary buddy, but he's seems kind to her and Lord knows that girl needs all the attention she can get.

I couldn't tell you a thing about Jed, Jer, Jason, James or Justin. I'd struggle to even tell them apart.

I couldn't tell you a thing about Jed, Jer, Jason, James or Justin. I'd struggle to even tell them apart.

J'chelle likes James' face the best

Jedidiah likes to make movies.

Jeremiah likes to draw and is more outgoing than Jed.

Jason likes to play jokes on people, steal candy, and fell 12 feet and broke his jaw and leg.

James needs to get into organized sports and have some therapy so he can sit still...

Justin is ignored but is a good buddy to Jordyn and likes to wear a little white sailor cap.

That's all I've got.

I always remember Jason because he seems a little mean-spirited compared to the other kids. Some of the comments he makes to the others makes me think he's got a really high opinion of himself, and thinks it's funny to subtly insult his brothers (I first noticed it with the way he talks to Jed). It's odd to me, partly because he seems to admire Josiah so much and Josiah has always struck me as a nice guy. Justin is more anonymous to me, I couldn't tell you a single thing about his personality.

Josiah comes off as a nicer kid now that he's matured a bit, but he used to be Smuggar Jr. When they were 17K&C, Josiah loved to make speeches full of little digs about his family vs. "normal" families, and was very judgey about things like listening to rock music (even though he'd never had a chance to listen to it), going to a regular museum or summer camp, etc. I haven't really noticed anything distinctive about any of the Howlers, really, but it's possible Jason is going through a similar phase. Hopefully he'll grow out of it and won't actually end up like Josh.

Jedidiah likes to make movies.

Jeremiah likes to draw and is more outgoing than Jed.

Jason likes to play jokes on people, steal candy, and fell 12 feet and broke his jaw and leg.

James needs to get into organized sports and have some therapy so he can sit still...

Justin is ignored but is a good buddy to Jordyn and likes to wear a little white sailor cap.

That's all I've got.

Probably more than Jichelle could tell you.

The Ergo (the one Anna is using) is actually really comfortable and designed to carry kids up to 35 lbs. Definitely don't use it all the time, but it has been super handy in certain situations where the kid gets exhausted and I don't feel like hauling a stroller.

ETA that I would probably use it as a back carry (Mack looks displeased with the position she's in), but I'm guessing it was also a handy shield to cover the early baby bump. ;)

I carried my daughter in a podegi, mei tai, and a vaitani until she was nearly 4. It was surprisingly comfortable.

Josiah comes off as a nicer kid now that he's matured a bit, but he used to be Smuggar Jr. When they were 17K&C, Josiah loved to make speeches full of little digs about his family vs. "normal" families, and was very judgey about things like listening to rock music (even though he'd never had a chance to listen to it), going to a regular museum or summer camp, etc. I haven't really noticed anything distinctive about any of the Howlers, really, but it's possible Jason is going through a similar phase. Hopefully he'll grow out of it and won't actually end up like Josh.

I guess I always took Josiah's comments as more reflective of the information he's been given, especially the bit about rock music. It was clear that he didn't actually know anything about it and had never heard it, but he was repeating whatever his father had told him. Joy had a similar comment once about dancing, something like "Daddy says it doesn't mean anything". Josiah did talk a lot about "normal" families, but I always figured he was being asked to compare the two because he was so much more articulate than his siblings are (he seems much smarter than most of them, too). I guess I never interpreted his attitude as being judgmental, just very sheltered. But as he's aged he seems to spend a lot more time by himself, I never really see him interacting with any of his siblings (and I seem to remember some hilariously mismatched interview section he had to do with James, where he kept trying to talk about whatever trip they had just been on and being interrupted by James rambling about how he could shoot deer from an airplane). He doesn't seem to connect with them very well, whereas Jason is solidly placed in the middle of a large group of boys. When I watch the interviews with Jed, Jer, Jason and James/Justin (they switch between the younger two a lot), Jason seems to challenge the older boys in a subtle way. I've wondered before if he does this because he sees Jed as being effeminate. Since I can't really remember ever seeing Josiah interact with his siblings in the same way that Jason does, maybe I've just failed to interpret Josiah's comments in that way, because they come across as more theoretical and not actually directed at anyone.

Despite my intense dislike for Michelle and JimBob, I actually like most of the kids a lot and so I enjoy hearing what they have to say. But Justin, Jordyn, Jennifer and Josie are ones I don't know anything about. With the younger girls it's partly because they are still so young that the producers probably see them as uninteresting to the audience, so they're hardly ever featured in any significant way on the show. Justin is maybe just shy, like Joseph, who I also don't know much about but seems to be very similar in personality to John David.

Despite my intense dislike for Michelle and JimBob, I actually like most of the kids a lot and so I enjoy hearing what they have to say. But Justin, Jordyn, Jennifer and Josie are ones I don't know anything about. With the younger girls it's partly because they are still so young that the producers probably see them as uninteresting to the audience, so they're hardly ever featured in any significant way on the show. Justin is maybe just shy, like Joseph, who I also don't know much about but seems to be very similar in personality to John David.

They've been trying to include Jenny in the talking heads with Hannie and putting Jackson in with the other boys lately, but it doesn't really work.

Jenny is so shy and she doesn't speak very clearly. Hannie just talks over the top of her. Jackson and Johanna really were great together, they bounce off each other perfectly and you can tell that they really are close in real life. That episode where Jackson went out to work with the boys and couldn't wait to get home to tell Hannie all about it, and she ran out to the car when he got home and they ran inside catching each other up on their days was absolutely gorgeous.

It's sad that Jackson is going to be tacked onto the rail end of the boy group and Hannie is going to be forced to lead and help care for they younger girls, that even at this really young age they are being separated into their gender defined roles and groups. Josiah and Joy seemed to have a similar relationship in the really early specials, although it wasn't showcased in talking heads, and on the few occasions we still see them interact they seem to get on really well and be really comfortable with each other, but they have very obviously been pushed apart wether they like it or not.

Jackson and Johanna really were great together, they bounce off each other perfectly and you can tell that they really are close in real life. That episode where Jackson went out to work with the boys and couldn't wait to get home to tell Hannie all about it, and she ran out to the car when he got home and they ran inside catching each other up on their days was absolutely gorgeous.

It's sad that Jackson is going to be tacked onto the rail end of the boy group and Hannie is going to be forced to lead and help care for they younger girls, that even at this really young age they are being separated into their gender defined roles and groups. Josiah and Joy seemed to have a similar relationship in the really early specials, although it wasn't showcased in talking heads, and on the few occasions we still see them interact they seem to get on really well and be really comfortable with each other, but they have very obviously been pushed apart wether they like it or not.

They were probably allowed to stay closer for longer than normally allowed because they were so perfect together in those talking heads (Boob was clearly aware of it; he said they were like an old married couple and it's true) but I'm sure it's been ended by now. Jackson made a sad statement last season about Hannie playing with dolls now and not able to be Tonto when he's the Lone Ranger. And I think it may be the unbending, oppressive gender assignments that sicken me most about the Duggars and their cult. Few of us are truly all boy or all girl and as we stumble slowly forward into a more neutral society, I think most of us understand at some level that we need to embrace both our feminine and our masculine natures to be fully whole.

Backing up a bit, it is really irksome that Jeremiah and Jedidiah don't even get their own special middle name. They are already rhyming-named twins in a family of clones. Can't they have one thing that is uniquely their own?

Also, I often forget that there is a Justin. If I saw his picture separately, I wouldn't even guess that he was a Duggar. Talk about lost in the crowd.

They were probably allowed to stay closer for longer than normally allowed because they were so perfect together in those talking heads (Boob was clearly aware of it; he said they were like an old married couple and it's true) but I'm sure it's been ended by now. Jackson made a sad statement last season about Hannie playing with dolls now and not able to be Tonto when he's the Lone Ranger. And I think it may be the unbending, oppressive gender assignments that sicken me most about the Duggars and their cult. Few of us are truly all boy or all girl and as we stumble slowly forward into a more neutral society, I think most of us understand at some level that we need to embrace both our feminine and our masculine natures to be fully whole.

That is so sad.

Archived