IGNORED

Take that Divorce! Or, my kids better not EVER divorce!

princessjo1988

Young, self-important, immature, fundie male....currywurst is Josh?? :shock:

Currywurst does sound very German though - even before they mentioned living in Berlin, Germans speaking English have the same kind of formal speech/writing patterns.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just the stupid ones.

Yeah, that was sort of the joke. It was supposed to be a rip on fundies. Sorry it was not very good, but I am surprised anyone would take a bad joke to mean I am a fundie boy :(

Seems like an odd conclusion to me.

Guest Anonymous

Currywurst does sound very German though - even before they mentioned living in Berlin, Germans speaking English have the same kind of formal speech/writing patterns.

They said they were raised by hippies in the U.S. if I recall correctly, and they mentioned thinking that they know a lot about California law. I'm not in the mood to dig through all eleventy million of their posts to check on that, though.

I am not German and never once said I was. In fact, if you read through all my posts, you could only conclude that I am American/Canadian. I live in Berlin. I even said that I was "alone" over here without close friends and that is why I had no long term visitors during my illness.

:clap:

No he doesn't, s/he sounds like a SOTDRT idiot who thinks that big words and rather archaic grammatical structures will make a legitimate point magically appear in his postings.

They said they were raised by hippies in the U.S. if I recall correctly, and they mentioned thinking that they know a lot about California law. I'm not in the mood to dig through all eleventy million of their posts to check on that, though.

Yeah, joined Wednesday and already has over 200 posts? That's never a good sign. It's just getting all too familiar, isn't it?

Not gonna lie, I'm still voting spectrum placement and/or complete lack of self awareness.

No he doesn't, s/he sounds like a SOTDRT idiot who thinks that big words and rather archaic grammatical structures will make a legitimate point magically appear in his postings.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am not German and never once said I was. In fact, if you read through all my posts, you could only conclude that I am American/Canadian. I live in Berlin. I even said that I was "alone" over here without close friends and that is why I had no long term visitors during my illness.

I did A-Level (the UK equivalent of the Abitur) German and have been around many German people who speak English. Based on your username and the way you speak/type, I thought you were German before you ever mentioned where you lived or where you came from. The way you speak/type English is extremely formal and not quite fluent. If you're not a native German speaker, I definitely think you're on the autistic spectrum (unusual speech patterns are a symptom).

Except that everything she "knew" about CA law was wrong.

If she was raised by hippies on a commune in CA, we could be related in some weird way. At least a friends of friends, 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon type relation.

Not gonna lie, I'm still voting spectrum placement and/or complete lack of self awareness.

Agreed. I am backing off my gender assumption after looking at the email and Facebook.

Really? My grammatical structure is archaic? That's interesting. I never thought of that before. I do not think I use "big" words; I just use words. I seriously only write the words I am thinking. I really cannot think of a time I used some weird, big word.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Half my family is German. They don't deserve to be associated with the likes of Sausage. :lol:

Really? My grammatical structure is archaic? That's interesting. I never thought of that before. I do not think I use "big" words; I just use words. I seriously only write the words I am thinking. I really cannot think of a time I used some weird, big word.

Grammar structure=/=vocabulary.

Guest Anonymous
Yeah, joined Wednesday and already has over 200 posts? That's never a good sign. It's just getting all too familiar, isn't it?

I pegged that one on Thursday! Can I have a cookie, deelaem?

Why is it that when a noob rolls up in here and posts more than 50 times in 24 hours, it's always because they're being an ass about something? It never ends well. "Oooh! A shiny new forum! I'll just take a poop here, no one will mind!"

We mind.

Except that everything she "knew" about CA law was wrong.

Absolutely, emmie. I tried to make that come across with "thinking that they know a lot about California law" but maybe I should have gone with "didn't actually know California law from a hole in the ground" for the sake of clarity. ;)

I thought that too initially, being German and all. But either in this, or another thread currywurst was saying how their flat overlooked the "hof" (backyard/courtyard/garden). That made me wonder. In my experience ESL speakers are at pains to translate. Whereas, again in my experience, my German friends in the UK, and I are far more likely to mix, when speaking German. We won't when we're speaking English. It's bad enough trying to avoid misunderstandings, without mixing another language in that others don't necessarily understand. When we talk, however, it's an easy short-cut for us to use English phrases and words. So, I'm not entirely sure. Sorry, do put the OCD need to explain down to every-day paranoia.

I pegged that one on Thursday! Can I have a cookie, deelaem?

You so totally can have a cookie! What's your pleasure - oatmeal, peanut butter, Nestle Trollhouse? :lol:

Guest Anonymous
You so totally can have a cookie! What's your pleasure - oatmeal, peanut butter, Nestle Trollhouse? :lol:

Okay, I laughed. It's so punny!

Okay, I laughed. It's so punny!

Bridge mix please.

I did A-Level (the UK equivalent of the Abitur) German and have been around many German people who speak English. Based on your username and the way you speak/type, I thought you were German before you ever mentioned where you lived or where you came from. The way you speak/type English is extremely formal and not quite fluent. If you're not a native German speaker, I definitely think you're on the autistic spectrum (unusual speech patterns are a symptom).

Well, I have never been officially diagnosed, but I hope then that all of you would have some sympathy for me if that were true.

In what way is my English not quite fluent? I would like to work on it.

Well, I have never been officially diagnosed, but I hope then that all of you would have some sympathy for me if that were true.

Start with reading comprehension.

Nope, sorry, being autistic does not excuse you from being an asshole. My bff's husband has Asperger's and he is the sweetest guy ever.

And your speech is practically free of colloquialisms that aren't swear words - that suggested to me that you weren't a native English speaker because swear words connected to bodily function are one of the few groups of words that are pretty much universal.

Guest Anonymous

Being on the autism spectrum is not a license to be an asshole and get away with it, and the people I know who have autism would kick my ass if I "had sympathy for them" because of it. That's patronizing. A lot of people are not neurotypical. It doesn't make them better or worse, just different. And still responsible for their actions particularly if they are a thirty year old grown ass adult.

**ETA: fluttershies is too quick for me.

:lol: As for cookies, I make some incredible oatmeal raisinet ones...

You are making me hungry. I just remembered I have a bit of cardamom left over from Easter bread... that makes some damned good snickerdoodles... :shock:

My oven is tiny and not very good for baking cookies though!

Archived