IGNORED

Take that Divorce! Or, my kids better not EVER divorce!

princessjo1988

That gave me quite the chuckle.

Which tells me you really didn't bother spending much time reading threads around here before you joined. :roll:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, I am an atheist and a sinner. I have eaten pussy and everything.

Oh for the love of Equestria.

9230484.jpg

Well, nothing in your vows said that they were contingent upon your husband keeping his vows. Him breaking his vows should not have affected you keeping your vows.

If you do not care what the church says, and you do things against Christian belief, then I would not really say you are a "Christian."

And I would have to say that I don't really care.

Wow, a fundie troll. The language totally gives it away. I almost don't want a mani maneuver just because I want to hear it try to talk all atheist a bit more.

Wow. currywurst, you joined long after me, and while I know I'm not the most active poster in any forum, you have about 100 times as many posts as me. Methinks you're obsessed, which leads to thinking that you are a troll. You pick a contentious topic AND YOU HARP AND HARP AND HARP ON IT.

We get it. You're "edgy" and "cool" with your "dissenting opinions." Get on with it.

Wow, a fundie troll. The language totally gives it away. I almost don't want a mani maneuver just because I want to hear it try to talk all atheist a bit more.

I've been thinking troll since early on, but not wanting to call someone out for it just in case (and because the original posts in the adoption discussion had me totally pissed off so I skipped out on most of it entirely).

At the same time, the opinions make me think either very rigid fundie or trying to use the same type of reasoning/logic as some of the more extreme fundies because that's what pushes a lot of people's buttons the most here. One or two bloggers in particular come to mind who use similar arguments and language and have gotten attention here lately - I don't think troll is either of them but may be copying certain language and sentiments from their blogs to stir things up.

I'm going with troll now. Anyone else could have just accepted that you can be Christian and not do everything the Bible says and that there are a gazillion and one opinions on what the Bible really says or who the "real" Christians are so there are no easy answers. All the Christians here will probably give different answers, there is no one answer to any of those questions.

As far as vows. My marriage vows were a contract between my husband and I (and, legally, between us and the state, ans much as that idea skeeves me out). We didn't swear to or by God. It would have been rather confusing at the time anyway because I was newly re-converted after spending several years distancing myself from Christianity and he is/was a pagan.

In your world, does this mean we're not married because neither one of us made a vow to our respective gods? Since he's my headship and all and my authority in all things marital and spiritual, should I call up a friend who is a gothi (pagan/Odinist priest) so we can get married by a vow to his gods? If so, which ones - there are like a ton of them.

I'm going with troll now. Anyone else could have just accepted that you can be Christian and not do everything the Bible says and that there are a gazillion and one opinions on what the Bible really says or who the "real" Christians are so there are no easy answers. All the Christians here will probably give different answers, there is no one answer to any of those questions.

People, I am NOT a troll. I had some honest questions. I was hoping those questions would bring about a deeper dialogue about vows and religion in general. Apparently I thought wrong. I am a bit shocked that so many of you think I am trolling. I thought my questions were perfectly legitimate and reasonable. In what way weren't they? I thought my questions about the meaning of a vow were quite good. This all started because we thought that fundie lady's interpretation of the meaning of a vow was crazy. I merely wanted to examine if that was really so. You think I am a fundie or a troll but I assure all of you I am not. The more I got into this topic, the more interested I became. I still am fascinated by the concept of a vow as it relates to Christianity. Does that not interest any of you at all? I personally find it interesting. I always have lots of questions and so I seek lots of different answers. Many of you have provided some great answers. Let me be clear: I do not for one second think any of you is "obligated' to provide an answer. Not in the least. I asked those questions in the hope I could get enough answers that I might be able to understand the issue. The original issue was vows and what they are and what they mean. I still do not fully understand it. Many of you have blown me off as a troll for this. Okay...I guess that would mean that I am just fucking with everyone because the answer to this question is just so totally obvious. Well it is not obvious to me and that is why I asked. I asked because I thought if I got enough diverse answers I could work out a general understanding as to what a vow is. I do not personally make vows. I swore an oath once for career purposes but it made me feel all icky inside. I guess that is why I am fascinated by how many people make Christian marriage vows all the time. It seems to me like a really big deal. But, like I said, I am not Christian, so maybe I just don't understand it. That is why I asked to many damn questions. I did not understand it and all the answers made it make less sense to me, not more.

People, I am NOT a troll. I had some honest questions. I was hoping those questions would bring about a deeper dialogue about vows and religion in general. Apparently I thought wrong. I am a bit shocked that so many of you think I am trolling. I thought my questions were perfectly legitimate and reasonable. In what way weren't they? I thought my questions about the meaning of a vow were quite good. This all started because we thought that fundie lady's interpretation of the meaning of a vow was crazy. I merely wanted to examine if that was really so. You think I am a fundie or a troll but I assure all of you I am not. The more I got into this topic, the more interested I became. I still am fascinated by the concept of a vow as it relates to Christianity. Does that not interest any of you at all? I personally find it interesting. I always have lots of questions and so I seek lots of different answers. Many of you have provided some great answers. Let me be clear: I do not for one second think any of you is "obligated' to provide an answer. Not in the least. I asked those questions in the hope I could get enough answers that I might be able to understand the issue. The original issue was vows and what they are and what they mean. I still do not fully understand it. Many of you have blown me off as a troll for this. Okay...I guess that would mean that I am just fucking with everyone because the answer to this question is just so totally obvious. Well it is not obvious to me and that is why I asked. I asked because I thought if I got enough diverse answers I could work out a general understanding as to what a vow is. I do not personally make vows. I swore an oath once for career purposes but it made me feel all icky inside. I guess that is why I am fascinated by how many people make Christian marriage vows all the time. It seems to me like a really big deal. But, like I said, I am not Christian, so maybe I just don't understand it. That is why I asked to many damn questions. I did not understand it and all the answers made it make less sense to me, not more.

You're still here?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+does+a+vow+mean

In your world, does this mean we're not married because neither one of us made a vow to our respective gods? Since he's my headship and all and my authority in all things marital and spiritual, should I call up a friend who is a gothi (pagan/Odinist priest) so we can get married by a vow to his gods? If so, which ones - there are like a ton of them.

In my world, I do not care if people are married or not. I don't give a shit either way. I know nothing of the pagan religion, so I cannot advise you as to which gods you should consult for what.

Is there a pagan primer you could consult? If so please let me know as I love learning about the world's religions.

Guest Anonymous

No shit, I am confused too. It expressly says in the New Testament not to take oaths, thus I do not understand how any Christian could.

I am telling you, I am not a fundie. I was asking those questions because I did not know the answer, and because fundies and Christians alike totally confuse me.

I was raised on a hippie commune (in the 80s no less!) by atheists. I am 30 years old, female, unmarried, and I live in Berlin all by myself. I made that choice on my own and everything. I know very little about religion and it has never played a role in my life. Please, do not think I am a fundie. Go back and actually read my posts on the other thread. There is no way any reasonable person could read those without seeing them for what they are - a criticism of Christianity.

Yet you know enough about it to know that everyone else is doing it wrong. How do you know so much about what it expressly says about this and that, and where it's located in the Bible?

Oh, right. Because you're a fundie troll. kkthxbye.

Another forum I'm a member of has this as one of the rules:

No One appreciates people that think they are "Controversial", "Thought Provoking", "Playing Devil's Advocate" or "Bluntly speaking their mind". This is usually just a deviant's way of being a butthole. When you deal with Facts, this is not needed, wanted, or tolerated. If you wouldn't say it in a crowd, don't hide behind your keyboard to say it.

I always liked that.

btw, has anyone tried the new(ish) Tom Ford makeup line? I want to try the Black Orchid lipstick so bad, but it's crazy expensive.

.....this post brought to you by AD..... SQUIRREL!!!

In my world, I do not care if people are married or not. I don't give a shit either way. I know nothing of the pagan religion, so I cannot advise you as to which gods you should consult for what.

Is there a pagan primer you could consult? If so please let me know as I love learning about the world's religions.

:chores-vacuum:

Yet you know enough about it to know that everyone else is doing it wrong. How do you know so much about what it expressly says about this and that, and where it's located in the Bible?

Oh, right. Because you're a fundie troll. kkthxbye.

I think I mentioned it before that I have actually read the bible, and read it a little more last night. It is one of those books that they literally just give away.

In all seriousness, are you on the spectrum? Because if you are not a troll, you are coming across as very obtuse. Your bizzare fixation on "vows", and your refusal to acknowledge or accept other poster's views on the subject is a bit odd. . Many people have answered your questions and provided you with ideas on how to get more information about Christianity, why not actually do some work to educate yourself and then come back when you have something to add?

In all seriousness, are you on the spectrum? Because if you are not a troll, you are coming across as very obtuse. Your bizzare fixation on "vows", and your refusal to acknowledge or accept other poster's views on the subject is a bit odd. . Many people have answered your questions and provided you with ideas on how to get more information about Christianity, why not actually do some work to educate yourself and then come back when you have something to add?

There were many things that I did not understand. I got some great answers here which I found very helpful and very educational. Lots of answers just lead to even more questions for me. I thought that since so many people had originally answered my questions, that they would be happy to continue to answer my questions.

I thought I had a lot to add, BTW. I took a lot of those answers and thought about them with what I already knew about Christianity. I thought I made some decent points. All were totally welcome to counter those points if they wished, and, in return, I could counter them. I thought it was an interesting discussion about religion, fundamentalism, and Christianity in general. I actually thought our little thread here was rather cool. I thought we were maybe getting to the heart of some really serious issues pertaining to marriage, divorce, vows, religion, politics, and fundamentalism.

Another forum I'm a member of has this as one of the rules:

I always liked that.

btw, has anyone tried the new(ish) Tom Ford makeup line? I want to try the Black Orchid lipstick so bad, but it's crazy expensive.

.....this post brought to you by OC..... SQUIRREL!!!

Oh goodness, do I ever want the True Coral lipstick - I have a really hard time finding makeup colours that suit me because I'm pale but it's a warm-toned pale, and I need something quite bright because I have dark hair and eyes. However, coral/salmon/warm peachy pinks (think NARS Orgasm) seem to be perfect for me. Unfortunately I have a tough time finding a coral shade that's not *too* orange or too fluorescent.

I've heard that the Cherry Lush colour is universally flattering, too.

In all seriousness, are you on the spectrum?

In all total seriousness I am a complete and total atheist. I have never been baptized nor even married. I live an extremely secular life. My morality is very shaky ;) . I live my life based upon absolutely no religious guidelines nor dogma whatsoever. I once went to a church service as a child, but otherwise I have only visited a church as a tourist in Europe (where I currently live). I assure all of you I am not a fundie. I am 30 years old, female, and I live alone. Last night i went out and drank with some guy I am not even related to!

In all seriousness, are you on the spectrum?.../quote]

I'm calling it manic panic for all she's been shitting forth today and yest.

I'm calling it manic panic for all she's been shitting forth today and yest.

Like the hair dye? I used that as a teenager in the 90s to dye my hair blue and pink. That shit was so fucking cool. Damn I miss having wacky hair.

In all total seriousness I am a complete and total atheist. I have never been baptized nor even married. I live an extremely secular life. My morality is very shaky ;) . I live my life based upon absolutely no religious guidelines nor dogma whatsoever. I once went to a church service as a child, but otherwise I have only visited a church as a tourist in Europe (where I currently live). I assure all of you I am not a fundie. I am 30 years old, female, and I live alone. Last night i went out and drank with some guy I am not even related to!

The autistic spectrum, currywurst. Are you on it?

Archived