IGNORED

Help finding fundie's blog? / Tabby the Plain Torah Keeper

Esther

I know someone who lives in a camper van, it's just parked on the side of the road.

Is there a link to the stuff about her getting married at 13? I've looked at the site and can't find it.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to feel sorry for her, she's had a tough life. But its really unlikely she lets her daughters keep their social security. They really do deserve more of a life.

I just had my 34th birthday. I am overweight and have thyroid problems etc... I think I look old for my age. But there is no friggin' way I am not at least 25 years younger than that woman. She has got to be lying... If I had to bet she got married A LOT older than 13 and is just trying to make herself sound more interesting.

I want to see her driver's license or state issued ID!

I know! My mom looks younger than she does. She doesn't even have the look of someone who looks older because of health problems, she just looks old.

Does any one know, 21 years ago could you get married at 13 in any state? I know that it was legal in the 50's and 60's (Loretta Lynn, Jerry Lee Lewis' first wife Myra, for example), but in 1991? That seems odd to me. Was she pregnant when she got married? (HAD to be.....just had to be!)

This is mind boggleing to me, as you can all probably tell....I have a 12 year old, he can't remember to put his dishes in the sink or take out the trash let alone get married and have a kid!

I used to feel sorry for her, she's had a tough life. But its really unlikely she lets her daughters keep their social security. They really do deserve more of a life.

They do. And I can't help but think that Tabby's so adamant about not exposing her daughters to anything that would suggest they could have other choices besides SAH wife/mother because she's dependent upon them. Not just for their SSI checks, but on a practical, everyday level as well. I don't doubt she loves her kids, but given her precarious circumstances she can't afford not to clip their wings. Of the two at home, I suspect the older girl will make a break for it, but the youngest seems to have drunk all the Kool-Aid.

Her older daughter looks really uncomfortable around Tabby in the wedding pics. She has a genuine smile in one of her photos with her dad, but I can't help but suspect she got the hell out and moved to another state as soon as she possibly could. Something's really, really off there, and I suspect a lot of Tabby's "tolerance" may be fear of losing her completely. Same goes for her son, who seems to be making some epically bad life decisions.

Her whole story is such a mess of hardship and tragedy, and she's unwittingly passing that on to her kids. The oldest daughter seems determined to escape it and live a normal life; I hope getting married at 19 actually works out for her.

They do. And I can't help but think that Tabby's so adamant about not exposing her daughters to anything that would suggest they could have other choices besides SAH wife/mother because she's dependent upon them. Not just for their SSI checks, but on a practical, everyday level as well. I don't doubt she loves her kids, but given her precarious circumstances she can't afford not to clip their wings. Of the two at home, I suspect the older girl will make a break for it, but the youngest seems to have drunk all the Kool-Aid.

Her older daughter looks really uncomfortable around Tabby in the wedding pics. She has a genuine smile in one of her photos with her dad, but I can't help but suspect she got the hell out and moved to another state as soon as she possibly could. Something's really, really off there, and I suspect a lot of Tabby's "tolerance" may be fear of losing her completely. Same goes for her son, who seems to be making some epically bad life decisions.

Her whole story is such a mess of hardship and tragedy, and she's unwittingly passing that on to her kids. The oldest daughter seems determined to escape it and live a normal life; I hope getting married at 19 actually works out for her.

I have a short fuse when it comes to parents stealing money for kids. I do not have any compassion for Tabby, the fact that a 19 yo has to marry in order to flee her mothers religious cray cray is sick.

I got married at 19 and it worked out. Not the greatest way to escape an abusive family but sometimes it works out and I hope it does for that girl.

Are they choosing to live in an RV [because it will be paid off in 11 months] or because they can't live elsewhere?

I got married at 19 and it worked out. Not the greatest way to escape an abusive family but sometimes it works out and I hope it does for that girl.

Are they choosing to live in an RV [because it will be paid off in 11 months] or because they can't live elsewhere?

Both she and her husband are on SSID, they would be eligible for housing and food stamps but they won't take from the ebil government.

Isn't SSID from the government?

Why yes, yes it is Third. But Tabby does't spend a whole lot of time examining whether her talk aligns with her walk.

So I'm confused because she makes no sense. Gotcha.

No problem Third, I've followed Tabby for a while on another site. She kinda pisses me off. She was a long suffering victim for years until her husband got saved, I don't know if he buys into the phony Jew routine though. I forgot to note that she also promotes Art Robinsons curriculum for home school on her blog. Art is Fami Seppi's FIL.

That woman is 34? I am a decade older than she is and she could pass for my mother.

She gets SSI, takes her kid's social security money, and they still live in an RV in a campground? There is something wrong there. I can't give her the benefit of any doubt.

Married at 13 lost it's usefulness as an excuse for anything once she became and adult and made adult choices that fucked with her own kid's lives.

You'd think with several paychecks coming in they could afford to buy a house. Nothing grand but when we were looking I saw some not bad houses even a trailer would seem better than an RV.

My husband lived in a camper for a year and they spent many summers 'camping inside' because they didn't have power. Both him and his brother refuse to go camping and don't see the appeal.

They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer. The email I use for online contact has the name 'Amil Zola' attached to it. I told them that my headship didn't permit me to have my own account and he would let me read and not post there. I'm so gonna burn in hell, if there is one :lol:

Sorry for harkening back to this so late in the conversation, but the bolded just cracked me up. :lol:

As you were.

That woman is 34? I am a decade older than she is and she could pass for my mother.

She gets SSI, takes her kid's social security money, and they still live in an RV in a campground? There is something wrong there. I can't give her the benefit of any doubt.

Married at 13 lost it's usefulness as an excuse for anything once she became and adult and made adult choices that fucked with her own kid's lives.

I will correct you, they live in a camper with 7 dogs and three kids. Its a huge tin can, kinda like the one Lucy had in the Long Long Trailer but not as retro cool.

I will correct you, they live in a camper with 7 dogs and three kids. Its a huge tin can, kinda like the one Lucy had in the Long Long Trailer but not as retro cool.

So, never having been in camper in my life, what kind of privacy is there? Do they have a couple of bedrooms, or does everyone sleep in the living area? That just seems wrong with teenagers.

So, never having been in camper in my life, what kind of privacy is there? Do they have a couple of bedrooms, or does everyone sleep in the living area? That just seems wrong with teenagers.

Practically none I world suspect. I would camp out with a friends family growing up in a similar camper, and there was a bedroom in the back and a tiny sleeping loft where my friend and I would stay. It's meant for living in for a week or two max, not a permanent home.

I will say her daughter marrying at 19 is a massive improvement over the previous generation!

Wow. I just started reading the blog and it's strange alright.

She does look like a very kind and good-hearted woman. Not as corrupted by religion as many (all?) other fundies I've seen, even though she is extremely, kookily religious.

It is stunning to me how normal her husband/kids look compared to her. Her husband and kids (and her 1998 self) are all thin and attractive and dressed like normal people...and then there's her in the "plain" frumper and bonnet and with the extra weight.

Did you guys see her daughter's wedding pictures? The daughter is very hot and is wearing a strapless wedding dress...it's so weird when juxtaposed with the mom.

Can't believe she's 34. She looks at least 50. Poor woman.

I like her.

PS-here's the 1998 photo (yes, she's the blonde one):

scan0003.jpg

Wow. I just started reading the blog and it's strange alright.

She does look like a very kind and good-hearted woman. Not as corrupted by religion as many (all?) other fundies I've seen, even though she is extremely, kookily religious.

It is stunning to me how normal her husband/kids look compared to her. Her husband and kids (and her 1998 self) are all thin and attractive and dressed like normal people...and then there's her in the "plain" frumper and bonnet and with the extra weight.

Did you guys see her daughter's wedding pictures? The daughter is very hot and is wearing a strapless wedding dress...it's so weird when juxtaposed with the mom.

Can't believe she's 34. She looks at least 50. Poor woman.

I like her.

PS-here's the 1998 photo (yes, she's the blonde one):

scan0003.jpg

Yes, I like her too. I wonder what her background is that she was allowed to marry at 13. I think she's a very lonely person. She really wants her 2 younger kids to remain with her as fake Jews but my guess is they too will leave. Had she not had a tubal ligation at 21 I'm sure she'd have at least twice as many kids.

When I read on that messianic homekeepers site I see women who seem mostly to be poor, married to husbands who do not share their religious convictions, and they have tried out other religions and ways of living.

I just discovered through google that there is a messianic congregation in my neighborhood! I guess I'll take a walk tomorrow. There are only 3 in the whole state so that one would be in my neighborhood is quite the surprise!

Yes, I like her too. I wonder what her background is that she was allowed to marry at 13.

Damn. I missed that part.

"Allowed to marry" at 13? I can't imagine it was an issue of her wanting desperately to get married; more likely she was roped into it...and who the hell does that to 13-year-olds? I really want to find out about her background, too.

Yes, Messianic=fake Jew around here.

I know a couple who signed off on their 15-16 year old DD to get married. She got pregnant and they didn't want her 27 year old boyfriend to get in trouble.

Both she and her husband are on SSID, they would be eligible for housing and food stamps but they won't take from the ebil government.

I'm guessing they accept health care from the state? With all her medical problems, it would be suicidal not to.

Maybe the state can give her something for her 10-year headache...

Archived