IGNORED

Help finding fundie's blog? / Tabby the Plain Torah Keeper

Esther

Also - we call her a fake Jew because she IS a fake Jew. Not a "sacred and ultra-special follower of Yahahahashua" or whatever, just someone who appropriates Jewish customs but believes in Jesus. You cannot believe Jesus was the Messiah and be a Jew, period. You kinda could in the first century. This is not the first century. Messianics get on the nerves of Jews and Christians alike.

Jews do not celebrate the Pentecost Tabby.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. JEWS ALSO DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS. NOT EVEN IF YOU CALL HIM YAHSHUA.

Also Yahweh, is just a guess. And not the word anyone of any Jewish blood would ever use. We don't even right out Lord in hebrew, let alone that one.

If Tabby was a teacher, then I have a flippin' PhD in Education.

Tabby, when you:

1.) Attend an accredited 4 year college or university (preferably one with a school of education carrying NCATE accreditation)

2.) Pass the entrance exam for the school of education at the college/university (usually the PPST)

3.) Complete all required classes for the major and the general education requirements of the college/university

4.) Pass the NTE (passing scores vary by State....)

5.) Graduate from your accredited college/university

6.) And finally, apply for and obtain your teaching license from the state or states (You can obtain a license in multiple states, you just have to complete the correct NCATE exams- that was the case back in 1997- things have probably changed) where you intend to teach....

Then, we can call you a teacher. I know this because I followed all those steps to earn my degree. What you were doing wasn't teaching, it was "playing school". I did that when I was a kid. In my bedroom. With my stuffed animals and dolls. Send your children to a real school and let them have a chance in life. You're doing them a huge disservice.

Shalom,

Diva (Evil Catholic Heathen and proud of it!!!)

Also - we call her a fake Jew because she IS a fake Jew. Not a "sacred and ultra-special follower of Yahahahashua" or whatever, just someone who appropriates Jewish customs but believes in Jesus. You cannot believe Jesus was the Messiah and be a Jew, period. You kinda could in the first century. This is not the first century. Messianics get on the nerves of Jews and Christians alike.

Genuine question - what if someone believes in Jesus as the Messiah BUT rejects Christian tradition/holidays as pagan and celebrates Old Testament holidays (with no Jewish traditions)? Would they just be considered extreme Christians?

I wonder how on Earth they would ever have a kosher kitchen in the RV? Thoughts.... Discuss. ( I only ask this because I watched an episode of Property Brothers and the family had a kosher kitchen put in their new home... I learned a lot. Seriously. It was very interesting. I'd love to sit and talk with someone who is Jewish about all of this.... and I'm being serious.)

Genuine question - what if someone believes in Jesus as the Messiah BUT rejects Christian tradition/holidays as pagan and celebrates Old Testament holidays (with no Jewish traditions)? Would they just be considered extreme Christians?

I think I'd call them CRAZY Fundies who don't know what they want to be-- it's like "Religious Flavor of the Week"... OH, this week I want to be Jewish but believe in Jesus... next week, I might want to be something else, but I will keep my head covered and wear frumpers!

I wonder how on Earth they would ever have a kosher kitchen in the RV? Thoughts.... Discuss. ( I only ask this because I watched an episode of Property Brothers and the family had a kosher kitchen put in their new home... I learned a lot. Seriously. It was very interesting. I'd love to sit and talk with someone who is Jewish about all of this.... and I'm being serious.)

If they eat dairy, but no meat (or vice versa), it would be possible, wouldn't it?

I think I'd call them CRAZY Fundies who don't know what they want to be-- it's like "Religious Flavor of the Week"... OH, this week I want to be Jewish but believe in Jesus... next week, I might want to be something else, but I will keep my head covered and wear frumpers!

I should clarify, I mean someone who does not identify as Christian or Jewish.

The positive thing about Tabby finding us is she corrected some errors. Her DDs aren't getting any SS for having a disabled parent. I think it behoove the Tabmeister to get those girls down to the SS ofc and have them signed up for benefits. (I collected SS until I was 21 because my father was retired). I have a feeling they may not qualify due to the fact that they need to be in school. And I'm happy knowing that they are not living in the long long trailer with 7 dogs.

If they eat dairy, but no meat (or vice versa), it would be possible, wouldn't it?

I am not sure. They would need two sets of dishes/utensils/pots/pans-one for milk and one for meat. Also, you need a large fridge for keeping the milk and meat apart- which is why most kosher kitchens have two refrigerators or one BIG fridge marked accordingly. I have a hard enough time remembering to abstain from meat on Fridays during Lent. Kudos to anyone who keeps kosher and has a kosher kitchen. I'd just have to give up meat completely. I'd never be able to remember all the rules. I'd mess up and my kitchen wouldn't be kosher and I'd be in big trouble!

Some sort of holy feline? Let us all gather to remember the sacred cat...

I am laughing so hard, I'm having trouble typing.... you win the prize today!!!

A cat that speaks in tongues!

To divadivine regarding kosher kitchens!

I have seen some very very tiny kosher kitchens. It makes it alot easier if you keep a vegetarian kitchen because then you only need only set of everything instead of two.

But I know many families who keep a kosher kitchen with a single fridge (the only extra refrigerators I've ever seen in kosher households that have one in the basement for overflow) and sometimes even just one stove. You can put milk and meat in the same fridge, some families make a point of keeping different drawers and stuff for that, some don't. FOr the stove they'll designate one side meat and the other dairy and if they have just one oven they will usually designate it meat as Shabbos meals tend to be meat based.

If you have a dishwasher some of the drawer based dishwashers are great for families that keep kosher b/c they are really two separate small washers and can be used independently.

Sinks are tricky too. If you have just one sink oftentimes families will DIY plastic rubbermaid containers to fit within the sink with a hole cut out to drain. Therefore they have a meat "sink" and a dairy "sink".

I have friends who took their kitchen which is maximum 8x10 (with a door to the garage, basement and dining room) and put in 2 sinks and 2 18" dishwashers. They have 1 regular range with a meat oven and one regular sized fridge. Honestly, I'm impressed at how neat and orderly everything is and wonder how she finds room for everything. I could NEVER be that organized, and am always impressed when I go to this family's house (which now has 4 small children) and see that dinner for 30 comes out of that kitchen with no one stressing out.

A lot of the kosher laws being followed now are not necessarily Torah based. A lot of the separation of dishes and other rules are based on the idea of "fences" around the biblical law. The fences are there to keep people from violating the original law by putting a higher standard on everything. There are some interesting traditions that have sprung up around kashrut. I kid you not but if you use a dairy cutlery for meat (or vice versa) you can stick it in the dirt for some period of time and this will make it clean again. And I have seen VERY religious people whose kids have "unkashered" something just wash it and put it back instead of replacing it or doing the dirt thing. I think that some allowance has to be made for busy moms and careless children.

If you are well off and have a big house the kosher kitchen can become downright awesome.... But, you can have a kosher kitchen within the confines of a regular house or apartment kitchen. Oftentimes if money or space is tight I've seen quite a few families and couples/singles become vegetarians in order to keep being kosher within their budget and space constraints. I'm sure someone who has is organized (and keeps either vegetarian or meat and no dairy ever in the house) could be kosher in an RV. That being said Tabby doesn't strike me as having that ability, I suspect she keeps some kosher style setup and that's fine... because kashrus laws only apply to Jews!

I have seen some very very tiny kosher kitchens. It makes it alot easier if you keep a vegetarian kitchen because then you only need only set of everything instead of two.

But I know many families who keep a kosher kitchen with a single fridge (the only extra refrigerators I've ever seen in kosher households that have one in the basement for overflow) and sometimes even just one stove. You can put milk and meat in the same fridge, some families make a point of keeping different drawers and stuff for that, some don't. FOr the stove they'll designate one side meat and the other dairy and if they have just one oven they will usually designate it meat as Shabbos meals tend to be meat based.

If you have a dishwasher some of the drawer based dishwashers are great for families that keep kosher b/c they are really two separate small washers and can be used independently.

Sinks are tricky too. If you have just one sink oftentimes families will DIY plastic rubbermaid containers to fit within the sink with a hole cut out to drain. Therefore they have a meat "sink" and a dairy "sink".

I have friends who took their kitchen which is maximum 8x10 (with a door to the garage, basement and dining room) and put in 2 sinks and 2 18" dishwashers. They have 1 regular range with a meat oven and one regular sized fridge. Honestly, I'm impressed at how neat and orderly everything is and wonder how she finds room for everything. I could NEVER be that organized, and am always impressed when I go to this family's house (which now has 4 small children) and see that dinner for 30 comes out of that kitchen with no one stressing out.

A lot of the kosher laws being followed now are not necessarily Torah based. A lot of the separation of dishes and other rules are based on the idea of "fences" around the biblical law. The fences are there to keep people from violating the original law by putting a higher standard on everything. There are some interesting traditions that have sprung up around kashrut. I kid you not but if you use a dairy cutlery for meat (or vice versa) you can stick it in the dirt for some period of time and this will make it clean again. And I have seen VERY religious people whose kids have "unkashered" something just wash it and put it back instead of replacing it or doing the dirt thing. I think that some allowance has to be made for busy moms and careless children.

If you are well off and have a big house the kosher kitchen can become downright awesome.... But, you can have a kosher kitchen within the confines of a regular house or apartment kitchen. Oftentimes if money or space is tight I've seen quite a few families and couples/singles become vegetarians in order to keep being kosher within their budget and space constraints. I'm sure someone who has is organized (and keeps either vegetarian or meat and no dairy ever in the house) could be kosher in an RV. That being said Tabby doesn't strike me as having that ability, I suspect she keeps some kosher style setup and that's fine... because kashrus laws only apply to Jews!

Most Internet Messianics don't have a problem mixing meat and dairy because they don't observe oral Torah.

Most Internet Messianics don't have a problem mixing meat and dairy because they don't observe oral Torah.

I thought the original question was regarding authentic Jews keeping kosher in small spaces! (I think the short answer would have been Yes! But they have to be super organized!). As for Messianic Jews, I find the whole practice repugnant. Its a movement meant to turn Jews into Christians. They prey on the weak and naive. There is a "synagogue" less than a mile from my house that targets newly arrived immigrants and college students. They pretend to be a Jewish congregation and then fill people's heads with nonsense while extracting whatever money they can from their pocketbooks. Meanwhile the real synagogues in the neighborhood would provide these same people services and not charge them a dime in "tithing". Its so very sad, but these people are awfully good at finding the weak spots and exploiting them...

Tabby is crying persecution now.... sigh..

Left her this

Dear Tabby,

This is persecution: http://musicianwar.tumblr.com/post/5367338005/auswitch

This is not: www.freejinger.org

You disrespect the memory of millions who have died due to persecution by crying butthurt at what FJ say.

Thanks, Silis78! Again, I have a lot of respect for those families/individuals who can keep kosher and maintain a kosher kitchen (no matter how large or small). I am not going to complain any more about Meatless Fridays during Lent.

I totally forgot about the sink and dishwasher.... I also don't see Tabby having the ability to do the whole kosher setup in her RV.

Ha, yes. Meatless for Lent is a breeze compared to keeping Kosher!!!

Oy, and Passover is around the corner. ITs like Lent for bread and pasta. I have to maintain a pretty low carb diet due to PCOS and insulin resistance. But, my FH will spend the week belly-aching about the lack of non-matzah based starch in his diet! This whole discussion reminds me that maybe I should start shopping now before my usually rushed trips to half empty Kosher for Passover aisles the night before :)

I worked in a kosher facility. The one product I do not like is kosher Coca Cola. It has a weird taste.

Quite a few homes in my area have 2 kitchens, which is nice for those of us who aren't Jewish but like having an extra kitchen at holiday times.

Speaking of kosher, does anyone know why my pickles (Ba-Tampte Half Sours) have "kosher for Passover" written in English but also have (presumably the same thing in) Hebrew on the Passover label? I am curious.

edited to remove a superfluous comma

Speaking of kosher, does anyone know why my pickles (Ba-Tampte Half Sours) have "kosher for Passover" written in English but also have (presumably the same thing in) Hebrew on the Passover label? I am curious,.

I suspect its a stylistic thing more than anything else in so far as the Hebrew goes. Its far more Jewishy looking and authentic to have Hebrew on your label.

Re: Quinoa! Yup, the dear FH has grown used to it as we eat it during the year quite a bit! I was confused last year b/c I couldn't find any at the grocery store. But it turns out that Trader Joes quinoa is KFP despite not being marked. I have no clue why its not marked as such but the interwebs and my more religious friends seem to all be on the same page on this one. I find keeping kosher to be overwhelming for this reason as well... I have no clue how people managed at all pre-internet!

Archived