IGNORED

Help finding fundie's blog? / Tabby the Plain Torah Keeper

Esther

I'm guessing they accept health care from the state? With all her medical problems, it would be suicidal not to.

Maybe the state can give her something for her 10-year headache...

She's got MS too from what she says. I don't think her husbands intestinal problems were helped by her raw food diet. I really can't stand this woman.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's got MS too from what she says. I don't think her husbands intestinal problems were helped by her raw food diet. I really can't stand this woman.

AND she has type 2 diabetes and IBS (on top of the fibro and MS). The raw food diet's not doing her any favors, either--especially for her diabetes, especially if she's eating a lot of fruit. And I'm not too savvy about IBS (except in cats), but I suspect a lot of fibre can't be helping that at all.

She mentioned that, living in Arkansas, she gets her diabetes supplies and catheters for free--which she didn't in Missouri. So she is definitely getting some health benefits from the state. But since she's doing the raw food thing, I imagine she rejects any health care that doesn't square with whatever "Biblical" notions she's got. She went for seven years before "giving up" and taking meds to help manage her fibro symptoms, so who knows what care or medical advice she's choosing not to get.

AND she has type 2 diabetes and IBS (on top of the fibro and MS). The raw food diet's not doing her any favors, either--especially for her diabetes, especially if she's eating a lot of fruit. And I'm not too savvy about IBS (except in cats), but I suspect a lot of fibre can't be helping that at all.

She mentioned that, living in Arkansas, she gets her diabetes supplies and catheters for free--which she didn't in Missouri. So she is definitely getting some health benefits from the state. But since she's doing the raw food thing, I imagine she rejects any health care that doesn't square with whatever "Biblical" notions she's got. She went for seven years before "giving up" and taking meds to help manage her fibro symptoms, so who knows what care or medical advice she's choosing not to get.

I was data mining her blog for hours the other night. I hope the headache I got from it will be gone in less than ten years.

I'm going to accept that she really is as ill as she claims to be so much doesn't make sense. At one point she talks about two grandchildren but then she talks like the child by Rods married GF is an only grand child.

Her whining for years about her husband being unsaved was vomit producing. And those poor girls, they're like older versions of Brandy's kids, following all of moms religious whims.

I can't defend anything else this woman does, but I have IBS and my doctors are very specific that I am to eat lots and lots of fiber (30 grams per day, at bare minimum though I usually end up around 40-45). The less fiber I get, the more tummy troubles I have. :(

I can't believe I am just seeing this post now. :doh: I am going to need to spend some time today on this blog before I can comment. Seeing that 1998 pic ofher with the kids looks like a little girls with her siblings. :? My daughter is almost 13 and I cannot imagine her married. Her biggest worries are when she cleared to play hockey and see The Hunger Games.

She's posted some really disgusting things. After Whitney Houston died, she posted a graphic where on one side, it said, "One person dies, millions cry" and on the other side was a picture of a starving child and it said, "Millions die, nobody cries." She took it down pretty quickly, so I think people must have called her out on how insensitive it was. When she posted the video of that Washington Redskins cheerleader as "proof" that vaccines are evil, I was going to post that she was proven to be faking it, but I felt bad because she really doesn't get a lot of traffic anyway. When she posted the 180 video, I was really close to posting that ACTUAL Jews find that video incredibly offensive.

So far the "regrow your teeth" post is my favorite. Who knew by eating an egg shell everyday you can get rid of your cavities in a month! Note to self: Get some laying hens and cancel all future dentist appointments...

Is it a sign of fake-jewry to leave the vowels in God's names?

I'm not any kind of Jew (real or fake) but I thought the vowels got either dashes or apostrophes.

Yeah, I feel a little bad for her because her home situation can't have been ideal if she was "allowed" (or forced) to marry at 13 and because of her health issues, but she also seems like such a nutcase that I can't help but snark.

I also feel like she's not particularly oppressed by her husband in the way that some of the women we snark here - Teri Maxwell, hell, even Zsu - are. Her husband looks really "normal" compared to her - I think she's the one who takes on all these random religious beliefs and then tries to force them on her daughters as much as she can. I suspect the reason her middle daughter doesn't wear frumpers and headcoverings as the youngest one does is that Tabby's scared she'll bail like the eldest did. Either way, she probably will still run. Living in that RV sounds like hell on earth. Whatever privacy they had will be wayyyy out of the window.

I'm not any kind of Jew (real or fake) but I thought the vowels got either dashes or apostrophes.

That's an Orthodox Jewish thing - G-d instead of God, because the name of God is supposed to be too holy to write out. Similarly these people will say 'hashem' ('the name') instead of any of God's names in prayer. There are also people however who say it's okay to say 'God' either way since it is a translation and not God's real name.

So, it's not particularly a sign of fake-jewry, since plenty of liberal and even Orthodox Jews do it too. But yeah, Tabby's definitely a fake Jew.

Jews tend to write G-d, but FakeJews will sometimes take it further and take the vowels out of other names or titles, like L-rd instead of Lord. And yet, they will say Yaweh--adding vowels to the official name of G-d that actual Jews don't even try to pronounce.

So far the "regrow your teeth" post is my favorite. Who knew by eating an egg shell everyday you can get rid of your cavities in a month! Note to self: Get some laying hens and cancel all future dentist appointments...

:laughing-rolling:

That's an Orthodox Jewish thing - G-d instead of God, because the name of God is supposed to be too holy to write out. Similarly these people will say 'hashem' ('the name') instead of any of God's names in prayer. There are also people however who say it's okay to say 'God' either way since it is a translation and not God's real name.

So, it's not particularly a sign of fake-jewry, since plenty of liberal and even Orthodox Jews do it too. But yeah, Tabby's definitely a fake Jew.

I"m a Reform Jew and I write G-d.

I can't defend anything else this woman does, but I have IBS and my doctors are very specific that I am to eat lots and lots of fiber (30 grams per day, at bare minimum though I usually end up around 40-45). The less fiber I get, the more tummy troubles I have. :(

But the raw veggies are bad for you right? I seem to remember an IBS cookbook - in it said if you HAVE to eat stuff like spinach, eat it AFTER bread and your meal (my MIL bought it for my husband insisting he had it. When it was honest to G-d her cooking).

But the raw veggies are bad for you right? I seem to remember an IBS cookbook - in it said if you HAVE to eat stuff like spinach, eat it AFTER bread and your meal (my MIL bought it for my husband insisting he had it. When it was honest to G-d her cooking).

Yeah, I can't really eat salad and stuff without having symptoms (though it doesn't always stop me). I'll eat bread with it and that sometimes helps, but I usually just cook my leafy greens and other veg and everything ends up fine!

I love my salads and now eat them after dinner without a problem. A surefire way for me to trigger IBS is to dig into a pile of crudites and gorge on raw veggies.

This is true - fibre is important in the treatment of IBS

I love my salads and now eat them after dinner without a problem. A surefire way for me to trigger IBS is to dig into a pile of crudites and gorge on raw veggies.

Thats what I thought! I have a completely normal digestive system as they go, and when I do a ton of raw veggies, I get um... issues too. I don't think humans were meant to eat raw veggies and only raw veggies.

She sometimes writes "G-d"; look around for it.

It's not just an Orthodox Jewish thing; I've seen Conservative and Reform Jews do it a lot. But there is some debate about whether it is necessary to do so when writing on a computer.

Thats what I thought! I have a completely normal digestive system as they go, and when I do a ton of raw veggies, I get um... issues too. I don't think humans were meant to eat raw veggies and only raw veggies.

I took fiber for a while to settle my gut down, and then moved to whole grains. I also manifest stress via my gut so leaving my dick headship made a positive difference in my health.

:text-threadjacked:

She sometimes writes "G-d"; look around for it.

It's not just an Orthodox Jewish thing; I've seen Conservative and Reform Jews do it a lot. But there is some debate about whether it is necessary to do so when writing on a computer.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it was just the Orthodox, but yes, there's some debate about issues of digital writing and translation.

Of course, as someone else pointed out, Messianics tend to overdo it and leave out random vowels wherever they can.

I just looked up marriage laws for Arkansas and Missouri (I think she got married in MO, but I'm not sure).

In both states, it's possible for a minor under 16 (AR) or 15 (MO) to get married, as long as they get the approval of a county judge. Given a very conservative judge, a pregnant 13-year-old intent on having the baby, and a babydaddy willing to marry her, I can see that happening. Plus, her husband's medical issues may have come into play--sending him to jail for statutory rape could potentially have been a death sentence if he was unable to get proper care. But I can't imagine they got permission without her already being pregnant.

And thanks to everyone for filling me in on what you should/shouldn't eat when you have IBS (and are not a cat)!

Oh, and the faux-Jew G-d thing reminds me of someone I keep running into on the Internet. She was interested in Judaism, then suddenly converted. But I'm pretty sure her version of "converting" came down to "declare myself Jewish and act accordingly," because if she'd actually taken lessons she (a compulsive oversharer) would have mentioned it at every opportunity. Instead, she went from having an academic interest in Judaism to going on about how hard it was to keep kosher, and all the frum clothes she was buying, and headcovering (despite being single!). She went on and on about how horrible her Internet enemies were, and how they engaged in lashon hara, but never gave up trash-talking people--she just did it behind their backs. Crazy.

And she's since dropped headcovering, then dressing frum (undoubtedly because it's tough to cosplay or wear Japanese niche fashions when you do), then keeping kosher, and I expect in a few years she'll move on to another identity (because that's what she does). But for now, she still writes God as G-d. And this whole thread has reminded me of her nasty, crazycakes self...

Read through the blog last night and I'm impressed that she's still maintained relationships with her children who did not follow the fundie path and (by the looks of the blog) didn't disown them for their choices.

EDIT: But that could be a result of being "no denominational" and not involved in a church setting she didn't learn about the cultural shunning of children who don't follow their path.

The woman is ill equipped for home schooling. Her blog is littered with poor grammar and frequent errors in syntax. My favorite misspelling of hers is, 'shaperoned'.

Wasn't it shapperoned? Not that that's any better, worse in fact. She should not be allowed to homeschool. She says she homeschools because she cares - if she cared she should send them to someone who can actually spell. Still, she says she's scared of her daughters reading about how they can get lives outside the home and wants them to read about being 'mommas' instead :roll:

Archived