IGNORED

This is just stupid - Republican debate

Knight of Ni

Quote the list of facts I stated and please point out how they are wrong and I will be more than happy to apologize.

edited because I left out words.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
I was not calling you a racist genie, I was just pointing out that when you switch black people to women, people are horrified. It is no less harmful when we treat women that way.

Riiiiight...Just like I never called you an intolerant idiot because it's you mission in life to prove that you're right & everybody else is wrong and now harmful that is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, that's some applause from someone who seems to have recently spent a lot of time on the FJ webz putting forth illogical arguments and getting all butthurt when others pointed out the major flaws with them.

Guest Anonymous

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

OMFG what planet are you people from? Where did all of this groundbreaking information on immigration get posted? What was your brilliant argument again? It's bad because ... you say so? Your whole argument was "it's illegal so it's bad." You were flatly refuted in regards to undocumented workers taking jobs from American citizens. Did you even have a single reference? I don't even. Your hold on reality always seemed a bit tenuous but now it's snapped entirely. .

Fuck it, I'm posting eye candy and pony videos.

QwIphm5wVAs

Riiiiight...Just like I never called you an intolerant idiot because it's you mission in life to prove that you're right & everybody else is wrong and now harmful that is.

I'm still waiting for you to quote the facts I listed and explain precisely how they are wrong. If you want to call names and be angry (I'm not by the way) that is on you. I would direct to to Proverbs 15:1, though.

I'm am not right a lot of the time. But when it comes to believing that everyone should be treated equally, I don't see how that can be wrong.

Guest Anonymous
Quote the list of facts I stated and please point out how they are wrong and I will be more than happy to apologize.

edited because I left out words.

I don't want or need your apology. You have already proven how intolerant you are, that's all the proof I need. Besides, any wrong facts I point out will be conveniently dismissed with more intolerant snark. Yeah..not taking the bait.

By the way, I did not mean to imply at all that she was racist. I am not sure how what I said can be taken that way. Can someone please point out how it can be?

I guess I am intolerant of people saying women shouldn't be treated equally to men, so you are right, when it comes to discriminating against people because of their gender I am intolerant of that. Is that a bad thing?

Guest Anonymous

OMFG what planet are you people from? Where did all of this groundbreaking information on immigration get posted? What was your brilliant argument again? It's bad because ... you say so? Your whole argument was "it's illegal so it's bad." You were flatly refuted in regards to undocumented workers taking jobs from American citizens. Did you even have a single reference? I don't even. Your hold on reality always seemed a bit tenuous but now it's snapped entirely. .

Fuck it, I'm posting eye candy and pony videos.

QwIphm5wVAs

Probably from a planet from the next galaxy over. I stated why I thought illegal immigration is wrong. It's the word that came before immigration. Go figure it out genius or are you not as smart as a 5th grader?

Wow, you're really becoming predictable, geniebell.

1. Posts an opinion in a wide-eyed innocent manner (like you've never read at FJ before)

2. Tries to defend said opinion without employing logic

3. Gets angry and frustrated and lashes out at when asked to defend your opinion with actual facts

4. Apologizes for snit, attempts to regain credibility in the conversation

5. Repeat

Yep, you're gonna last a long time here :roll:

I don't get this. Why do you and jericho not understand how debate forums work? Or how snark forums work?

It's not bullying. It's not OMG MEEEN. It is the Internet, where people disagree.

Personally, as I often point out, I am not the FJ poster child. I believe there will be a violent revolution. I am prepared to defend the formation of a Cheka (what became the KGB). I will explain any of my beliefs at any time to anyone who asks, and even if they ask less than politely. Why can't you do that? I am not clever or good at explaining. But it must be done. And hurting your feelings is nothing.

You must realise people with non conventional beliefs have to explain them.

Former Gothardite, notice how she never answered your question about what she would say to the little girl in her church that wanted to become a church leader.

I have only recently become aware of the beliefs towards women leaders that the church I attend holds and I'm stunned. They believe that women shouldn't be leaders just like genie's church. I'm beyond hurt that they would hold these beliefs and what makes it worse is that my mother agrees with them.

So I guess when I was growing up and she told me that I could grow up to be anything I wanted it was all a fucking lie. I had heard of the thoughts regarding women leaders before but I honestly thought that they had gone the same way that the idea that left handed people are evil. I don't want to attend a church that believes women are second class citizens. I know there are denominations who don't do this. I believe it's the Methodists but am unsure of the others.

I recently read somewhere on this board about how the beliefs about women leaders were added to the bible in later editions. Could someone please point me to these sources. I would like to read these for myself and haven't been able to find them on google.

Edited to add: And no I do not think you called anyone a racist. Genie is just looking (and hoping) for persecution.

Guest Anonymous
How am I intolerant? I expect women to be treated equally to men?

You are intolerant because you think you're opinion is the only and right one and because you dismissed my comments about change, what I would tell the girl, etc. Not that I expect you get or understand that.

Does anyone else here think I was calling her a racist?

No. I understood the comparison you were making.

Frankly I gave up on the troll last night, I admire your willingness to fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. She's quite unwilling to think through her position, reflect inwardly or express empathy or even recognize it in others. The lessons of the Christ are taking a back seat to her religious dogma. For some that has a greater value than a lesson presented by a spiritual teacher.

I have not dismissed them. I have stated repeatedly that I am very glad for change but that the first step it to admit there is a problem to change. Are you willing to admit there is a problem? You have not so far.

And you have not answered how you would tell the little girl she is not being treated less then boys. Unless you now are going to admit that your church does treat females less than males.

When it comes to women being treated equally to men, I do believe there is only one right answer, they should be. Do you think wanting equality is being intolerant? Yes or no?

Guest Anonymous

Ok, yes there is a problem. I thought that was obvious from my comments on the other thread, especially when I said I see change coming & want to be part of that. As far as what I would tell a little girl....join me. Happy now?

Well to be fair in the other thread you also said that you were find with that version of patriarchy and that you would not admit that women were being treated less than men because you don't feel like they are. You never came out and said, yes this is wrong, women are being treated as less than men.

Guest Anonymous
Well to be fair in the other thread you also said that you were find with that version of patriarchy and that you would not admit that women were being treated less than men because you don't feel like they are. You never came out and said, yes this is wrong, women are being treated as less than men.

She doesn't even know what she thinks, so I don't know why she expects the rest of us to have a handle on it. On page 5 of this thread she was denying that there was sexism in her church at all.

As far as my church goes, yes, there is no female leadership. But that does not equal misogynistic or sexist

Guess what? Not everybody agrees with that!

Ok, yes there is a problem. I thought that was obvious from my comments on the other thread, especially when I said I see change coming & want to be part of that. As far as what I would tell a little girl....join me. Happy now?

Join you in denying that it's sexism? Or in fighting against it?

**ETA:

T5k30.jpg

Genie as you can see from the quoted posts above, it has been very hard to see where you stand on your church not allowing women to lead. So if you will pardon my confusion, do you are do you not think that your church treating women less than men? If not, then why are you fighting for change?

As for the illegal immigrant part of this thread, I think it should be easier for people to come here and work on the farms. And that farmers should be required to pay and treat workers better. But that will raise the price of food and cause people to freak out that they can't get cheap food. People don't want to pay what it costs to treat people fairly, so I doubt that will happen.

Archived