IGNORED

This is just stupid - Republican debate

Knight of Ni

Ok, fine, I'm too tired to keep arguing like this. I'll tell you want you want to hear: I"m a a big fat hypocritical, sexist, racist, uncaring, unfeeling fundie bitch lower than pond scum who attends a sexist fundie church. Happy now?

I can't speak for everyone else, but no, you making a sarcastic, exaggerated comment because you can't debate rationally does not make me happy at all. Now if you were to say that you sincerely see the problems that are occuring in your church and you are going to actively strive to make changes rather than just talk about it on a message board, that's a different story...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chiccy wrote:

The lowered average American wage is one of the most obvious costs of illegal immigration. It's a question of Americans' being able to compete with illegal immigrants in the workforce. One breakdown of the cost of this in terms of lost American wages can be found here: http://cis.org/node/2294

The blogger you quoted makes a few basic economics errors. In the second paragraph he asserts that wages given to illegal immigrants shouldn't count toward GDP. He gives no reasons behind it. Given that illegal immigrants live HERE and have to pay for food/lodging/everything his assertion seems unfounded.

In the section labeled "Benefits to Natives" he asserts that illegal immigrants result in downward pressure on wages. He then implies that without illegal immigrants farmers would be forced to pay reasonable wages for farm labor and increase their produce prices as a result. This ignores the impact of globalization and the general agricultural policies of the US for the past 100 years. I'm thinking that if George peaches started costing 3x as much we'd all just be buying them from South America. Also American farmers aren't stupid and would take this option if it were profitable.

In his final sections he stops making economic arguments entirely and starts making post hoc ergo propter hoc arguments. For example he argues that illegal immigrants live in poverty, so allowing illegal immigrants increases poverty. Then he ends with this chestnut: the real problem is "a welfare state designed to help low income workers with children".

In his conclusion he writes "The latest research indicates that we can reduce immigration without harming the economy." despite not presenting evidence for anything resembling this. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Guest Anonymous
Ok, fine, I'm too tired to keep arguing like this. I'll tell you want you want to hear: I"m a a big fat hypocritical, sexist, racist, uncaring, unfeeling fundie bitch lower than pond scum who attends a sexist fundie church. Happy now?

You know what? No. I'm probably one of the most confrontational hardasses on this forum, and even I have lines I don't cross. I don't call women misogynistic slurs and I don't like to see other people do it - to themselves or others. I don't do body shaming, either. What would make me happy is if you examined the things you've said here and decided that it's wrong for women to be denied any position because of their sex. What would make me happy is for you to really feel that you're just as good as as any man and just as capable. And that a woman who is an undocumented worker is just as good as you. She's also doing the best she can.

The first step to changing something truly is admitting that it's wrong.

And failing you having an epiphany I admit (because I am not nice and I am a hardass) I would settle for you shutting up for a little while and working on some reading comprehension.

Genie,no one said you were racist.

To be fair, I did get the impression that she has some racist ideas based on some of her previous posts, particularly the frothing at the mouth over undocumented immigrants and the "my church is awesome because we even help black people!" comment. Several people including me have brought up the topic.

If she's not, that's good news all around but some things she said were getting serious side eye.

To be fair, I did get the impression that she has some racist ideas based on some of her previous posts, particularly the frothing at the mouth over undocumented immigrants and the "my church is awesome because we even help black people!" comment. Several people including me have brought up the topic.

If she's not, that's good news all around but some things she said were getting serious side eye.

Oh, I totally forgot that one. I think even snarked on her for that comment.

One thing that the GOP seems to miss in their treatment of illegal immigration is that these are people are already victims. I am sure a lot of people enter the country to commit crimes, like the drug trade and weapons trafficking. But most are here against their own wishes. They are economic refugees. Life has to be pretty hard on someone in order for them to pay huge amounts of money to the coyotes to leave their families and culture behind and come to a place where they are not wanted. It is not easy. They don't speak the language, they don't understand a lot of American culture, they work hard for a minimal living and live in constant fear of the government and the criminals, usually US citizens, who prey on their community.

How much do we need to punish them? Can't we find a compassionate way of dealing with the situation?

Guest Anonymous
It's always fun to witness a public stoning. Wow, you people are something else.

You want to subject women who have abortions to the full penalty of the law as murderers, (which would include capital punishment) but disagreeing with someone on an internet forum where participation is completely voluntary is a public stoning? Alrighty then.

Yep, call me crazy for wanting to abide by laws. The way I see it, you couldn't win a valid argument on illegal immigration, so had to switch the topic to Church fundamentalism so you could save face. It's sad that your whole life revolves around trying to win arguments on this forum and making everyone who disagrees with you look bad.

Yep, call me crazy for wanting to abide by laws. The way I see it, you couldn't win a valid argument on illegal immigration, so had to switch the topic to Church fundamentalism so you could save face. It's sad that your whole life revolves around trying to win arguments on this forum and making everyone who disagrees with you look bad.

And yet here you are :roll:

And yet here you are :roll:

Oh the first crony! Yes, look at my post count compared to yours. I'm a little embarrassed mine is so high. I might need to let you and your network of liberals alone.

Oh the first crony! Yes, look at my post count compared to yours. I'm a little embarrassed mine is so high. I might need to let you and your network of liberals alone.

I'm not in the least ashamed of my post count. I love FJ.

If you're embarrassed by yours, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

I always find the irony to be quite rich with people coming here to tell us how we're wasting time on the internet.

BTW, I'm waiting for my public lashing

Yawn. You have to join as a premium member for that service.

[attachment=0]bpapge.jpg[/attachment]

I always find the irony to be quite rich with people coming here to tell us how we're wasting time on the internet.

Hey, if it makes you feel good to have a place to bully those who have different opinions, have fun!

It's always fun to witness a public stoning. Wow, you people are something else.

Would you like to show how she is not supporting women not being treated equally to men? If not, then STFU and go back to your little world where life was perfect for poor people in the early 1900's.

Not really. If any of the facts I posted are untrue, I would really like to know.

Did you read the verse Flora posted Jericho? Are you welcoming all immigrants with open arms like it said? It didn't say, well they have to be legal.

Guest Anonymous

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was not calling you a racist genie, I was just pointing out that when you switch black people to women, people are horrified. It is no less harmful when we treat women that way.

Archived