IGNORED

This is just stupid - Republican debate

Knight of Ni

Obviously, since you're hotlinking that image. Stealing bandwidth is still stealing. Isn't that one of the big ten things you aren't supposed to do?

I guess you better not refresh this page or YOU will be stealing too :lol:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Don't flatter yourself, you're not special. You're getting the standard treatment for someone who comes in here espousing and defending fundie ideals bigotry. Use the search function to look up itsthatonegirl or openmindheart and see how kindly their sexism was received.

And I'd look up jericho too if I were you, before I hopped into (philosophical, metaphorical) bed with him.

Now that's out of the way, maybe we can address this "your" vs. "you're" issue that you have.

giJJs.jpg

Well I guess birds of a feather flock together since you seem to think the same of me as well. As for grammatically errors...oops! Have you run out of other things to snark about?

You know how some posts on abuse are triggering...well the words white supremacy comment was very triggering for me, and I explained why. But let me explain further: My family was harassed & physical fights were started by my cousin's father's family when she announced she was marrying an African American man. When "daddy dearest" (a definite white supremacist) found out I was helping her plan her wedding I came thisclose to being an abuse victim myself if my BIL and my cousin's now husband hadn't stepped in. This asshole called me every name in the book and then some. A huge fight was started and an innocent child got hurt...physcially.

While some of your posts do ping my racist-dar, I'll admit I don't have enough evidence to say you're racist at this moment. However, since you seem to be more against racism than sexism (and since you haven't answered formergothardite's "yes or no" question), perhaps this will help you see where we're coming from.

You have said that, even though women cannot be leaders in your church and can only do things like take care of kids or prepare food (because they are women), your church is not sexist.

Now, imagine if your church preached that black people cannot be leaders in your church (because they're black) and they can only be in charge of childcare and food prep (because they're black) Do you see how that would be racist? Well, substitute "black" for "women" and you should be able to see why your church is sexist.

Wait a minute. Are you serious? I think you need to ask yourself the same question. It's ok for you to snark, but you get you're britches in a wad when people don't give you the "right" answers to what you call unconventional beliefs? Wow....just wow!

I have no clue what you're on about. Where did I say people should give me the "right" answers to my beliefs?

What I said is that it is MY responsibility to explain my beliefs. It is also my responsibility to listen to arguments against them, though the geniebelle/jericho argument seems to be "I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT, STOP PICKING ON MEEEEE".

Yeah, it's a snark board. I am fully aware my political beliefs are snarkable. I snark on them in my own head sometimes. What is annoying is when people like you won't defend where you stand. If you really believe something, is the correct response "You're all so mean to me and this is how much worse you are than I am but I'm gonna keep posting on your mean mean forum anyway" or is it a coherent, polite and logical defence of your position?

Never has a thread so lived up to its title.

Couldn't have said it better myself (but I was trying until I saw your post).

Genie, why are you dodging answering my question? If you really are wanting to change your church, why won't you admit that it is sexist and that it treats women as less than men?

If you would just clear that up, it would solve a lot of the problems people have had with you here.

So great to see "Genie" is available to provide non-stop predictable dribble and temper tantrum cycles while I'm at work all day. So refreshing to come home and read.

Genie don't say that you have answered the question, because just saying you want change isn't really answering. Especially since saying that in the one thread you said in this one that your church is treating women fine.

So yes or no, do you think that your church treats women as less than men?

Damn. I was still sleeping then. I bow to you and your almighty bacon bra!

Well I thought while the genie was out of the bottle early I might as well tag it. Tell ya what, you take first shift on the troll patrol tomorrow and I'll sleep in ok?

Well I thought while the genie was out of the bottle early I might as well tag it. Tell ya what, you take first shift on the troll patrol tomorrow and I'll sleep in ok?

Deal.

Too bad we can't just build a wall though...

I find it extremely ironic that conservatives are screaming about allowing abortion, gay marriage, birth control etc, etc is destroying the ideals that the United States was founded upon but at the same time are attempting to stop immigration. Wasn't our nation founded and built upon the backs of immigrants? Wasn't the United States always seen as a land you could travel to escape the hardships of your own country and build a better life. What about the "American Dream" ? Does not the symbol of America's liberty and freedom, the Statue of Liberty, state

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

If they truly want to return the United States to it original values than they should want to accept all immigrants. They should welcome them with open arms and help them build a better life.

And of course there is the morality between the cost of building a $3 million dollar a foot fence versus providing all of our citizens with access to health care. Anyone who thinks that Americans are going to pick fruit and vegetables seasonally, for peanuts, without any benefits, is delusional JMO. Unless you are a Native American you, too, are an immigrant.

Guest Anonymous

Hmm....another reading comprehension....I said I was sticking round. And for crying out loud, I would think you would know the answer to that. The answer is no!

*is counting down how long it takes for a snarky lecture about how evil, dangerous, and fundie me & my church is & who will be the first to post it* :whistle:

Austin - I'm thinking about sneaking into another thread and spreading peanut butter on the "Submit" buttons - wanna join me?

Guest Anonymous

I have no clue what you're on about. Where did I say people should give me the "right" answers to my beliefs?

What I said is that it is MY responsibility to explain my beliefs. It is also my responsibility to listen to arguments against them, though the geniebelle/jericho argument seems to be "I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT, STOP PICKING ON MEEEEE".

Yeah, it's a snark board. I am fully aware my political beliefs are snarkable. I snark on them in my own head sometimes. What is annoying is when people like you won't defend where you stand. If you really believe something, is the correct response "You're all so mean to me and this is how much worse you are than I am but I'm gonna keep posting on your mean mean forum anyway" or is it a coherent, polite and logical defence of your position?

Because you think there is only one right answer, and because you already know what my answer is. So don't pretend that you have no idea. The only thing you want to hear me say is yes my church and me are sexist,dangerous fundie. Oh, and the word polite on a snark board is laughable.

Archived