IGNORED

This is just stupid - Republican debate

Knight of Ni

I'm watching the Republican debate on CNN. One of the things I can't understand is why do these candidates say they will repeal Obama's healthcare policy because the nation can't afford it but then the very next topic they begin talking about how they will support the construction of a fence on the U.S/Mexico border that will cost $3 million per mile. This just does not make sense to me. How can these candidates justify this?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
I'm watching the Republican debate on CNN. One of the things I can't understand is why do these candidates say they will repeal Obama's healthcare policy because the nation can't afford it but then the very next topic they begin talking about how they will support the construction of a fence on the U.S/Mexico border that will cost $3 million per mile. This just does not make sense to me. How can these candidates justify this?

They are politicians...nothing they say makes sense! :lol:

I'm so glad I bought a bottle of wine and started drinking early. My neighbor actually came over once to see if I was ok because I was yelling at frothy. :oops:

I'm so glad I bought a bottle of wine and started drinking early. My neighbor actually came over once to see if I was ok because I was yelling at frothy. :oops:

The only way to describe this debate and especially him is one huge facepalm or :auto-crash:

Santorum, when asked to use one word to describe himself, said courage. Last time I checked courage was a noun and not an adjective.

Cool women are equal enough to serve in combat but they are not responsible enough to have control over the number of kids they birth. Fail across the board.

I like how Frothy pretty much argued that contraceptives are the reason for teen pregnancy and pregnancies out of wedlock. :shock: What world does that man live in?

I like how Frothy pretty much argued that contraceptives are the reason for teen pregnancy and pregnancies out of wedlock. :shock: What world does that man live in?

I'm not a fan of the gynecologist but he had a very good response.

And apparently abstinence only sex education plans really work. The mental gymnastics it takes to actually believe this is amazing.

Not to mention that Newt wants to dissolve the EPA. That will be a disaster. I'm studying for a masters degree in environmental health sciences and think that action is just abhorrent.

cheers my friend!

btw I'm Catholic screaming at my tv about what an idiot Santorum is(please forgive me for using Gods name in Bain) I do enjoy Ron Paul .

Omg stfu Santorum you haven't home schooled your kids at all your wife did. AND WHERE THE GOSH DARN HELL ARE the ASHES ON FOREHEAD? O wait ... I guess you forgot its ash Wednesday.

Frothy wants to get the feds and states out of education. He wants to leave it up to a district. WTF about those poor districts?

Ooooh does Noot have ashes too :?: :?:

Fence would pay for itself over time if it kept out illegal immigrants. Healthcare wouldn't.

I was commenting on how Santorum is ,lacking ashes. Believe me when they place cross on your fore head its very noticeable. So frothy is lossing catholic vote, perhaps tonight. I doubt he even went to mass.

ok . Wine plus iPad equals bad idea. Please don't judge. I'm a numbers gal anyway.

And apparently abstinence only sex education plans really work. The mental gymnastics it takes to actually believe this is amazing.

Not to mention that Newt wants to dissolve the EPA. That will be a disaster. I'm studying for a masters degree in environmental health sciences and think that action is just abhorrent.

I know how well abstinence only sex education works. They finally gave us a sex talk about a month before we graduated, to prepare us for college. By then some had STDs and a bunch of girls were pregnant. Even the teachers made jokes about how it was a little late for a sex talk.

And I cringe everytime I hear one of the candidates mention how unimportant federal regulatory agencies are. None of them must have ever read The Jungle.

I was commenting on how Santorum is ,lacking ashes. Believe me when they place cross on your fore head its very noticeable. So frothy is lossing catholic vote, perhaps tonight. I doubt he even went to mass.

ok . Wine plus iPad equals bad idea. Please don't judge. I'm a numbers gal anyway.

Ok I need a clarification, Frothy doesn't have ashes but Noot does?? I still have wine left!! Yipee :dance:

I'm so glad i don't have cable. I'd be in a lather over all of this..... and I CAN'T drink as i'm incubating the tchotchke thing #2.... SO all of you, experiencedd, HAVE ONE ON ME.

I'm so glad i don't have cable. I'd be in a lather over all of this..... and I CAN'T drink as i'm incubating the tchotchke thing #2.... SO all of you, experiencedd, HAVE ONE ON ME.

I'd forgotten about the debate, I just knew I wanted the bread and wine with my soup. And then wahla! The debate. I sure could use some propofol as a chaser :lol:

no one has ashes, that I can see. I seriously would have bet a pay check, Santorum would have gone out there with ashes on his forehead.

but then again I would sit on the couch, with ashes, and a bottle of wine. I just want to hug Ron Paul. This may be edited in the morning :D

Fence would pay for itself over time if it kept out illegal immigrants. Healthcare wouldn't.

My husband works with the Dept of Agriculture, and the conservative landowners where we live are kicking themselves for supporting statewide immigration reform. Nobody will bring in their crops. Some work Americans just won't do. So... doesn't pay for everyone.

My husband works with the Dept of Agriculture, and the conservative landowners where we live are kicking themselves for supporting statewide immigration reform. Nobody will bring in their crops. Some work Americans just won't do. So... doesn't pay for everyone.

Oregon wasn't hurt that badly, we have a very strong farm workers union. But friends of mine in the xmas tree business were short of field workers this year and none of the anglos sent by unemployment lasted more than a day.

Alabama basically hung their farmers out to dry with their new immigration law.

Right, but in terms of state/federal government budgets...

How would it pay for it's self?. all the fences have not worked. all the states that banned Mexican labor are now regretting it.

How would it pay for it's self?. all the fences have not worked. all the states that banned Mexican labor are now regretting it.

Whether they work is a separate question. If they did work, it could save the country (and states!) a ton of money in pretty much all social services that benefit illegal immigrants. Which is to say all social services.

Archived