IGNORED

Tonight's Episode

MandyLaLa

Please say that was supposed to be spoken in old-school-SNL-Dana-Carvey-Church-Lady voice!

Yup. :mrgreen:

A more serious answer would be that's not God's voice conflicting with your husband, it's your own voice pretending to be God in order to disobey.You must accept that God is speaking to you through your headship, and anything that doesn't match is evil, and/or your fault.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck, I copy/pasted Vision's screencaps @DWOP and for the most part they were appalled. THEN I posted the link to Gothard's hard-core version. The moderation over there is definitely fascinated with Gothard and we even had open discussion about that crap during the hiatus.

Bad news: After a season's absence (and blessed peace), SuzanneDinAZ is back. Oh well, she's fun to bait and as long as it's not pointed, but a point made in general terms like "Duggar fans do x,y and z" your post will be approved.

Overall, the people at DWOP seem to have quite a few fans, as opposed to FJ and TWOP. Although nothing is as bad as the 19 kids and counting FB page...I can't even look at that most of the time, the way people constantly fawn all over the Duggars.

I don't get it....If the husband is supposed to be the headship or "God's voice", then how come JB always says that he leaves up to Michelle to have more children. Of course, Michelle always jumps up with joy and says "Yes, I would love more!"

I think that a very, very small part of the reason why Michelle says that is because if she suddenly says that she does not want anymore, then that means she may have to turn down some of JB sexual advances (b/c theres no birth control remember) and saying NO to your husband is just the worst thing a woman could EVER do :roll:

Jana's remark about Boob and Mullet being late struck me as extremely bitchy and passive aggressive, especially how she kind of seemed "sweet" and skipped off camera after that. I kind of liked Jana's attitude! :mrgreen:

lol. She's letting some of her feeling out in the only way she can! Go Jana! Wait a minute...I hope she didn't get in trouble after that. She did go to a brainwashing camp retreat recently.

Of course I have stopped watching the show but WHAT exactly did Jana say about them being late? I would be suprised to hear her say anything that isn't so sweet

Serious question in the vein of the ATI stuff: Do Josh and Anna automatically become their own entity as members in ATI, or do they have to reapply? Maybe they're slowly letting that connection weaken? I was just wondering since they he was ATI when he was still single and considered a minor (by their definition not normal people's definition of minor) of his parents. Does anyone with ATI experience know how it works when kids who have grown up in the movement are dealt with by the ATI bigwigs when they marry?

I don't get it....If the husband is supposed to be the headship or "God's voice", then how come JB always says that he leaves up to Michelle to have more children. Of course, Michelle always jumps up with joy and says "Yes, I would love more!"

I think that a very, very small part of the reason why Michelle says that is because if she suddenly says that she does not want anymore, then that means she may have to turn down some of JB sexual advances (b/c theres no birth control remember) and saying NO to your husband is just the worst thing a woman could EVER do :roll:

that's exactly the point: he leaves it up to her, he transfers his authority for this small area to her. He has the power to do so... argh.

1. You'd think after living his entire life with women Jim-Bob would have noticed how to do a pony tail!

2. Loved how they pointed out that although they trust God, Michelle is working out and the girls (those well educated birth encouragers [not midwives]) tell us how healthy she is and she's doing GREAT!

3. Michele gave out all 40 Operation definitions of the character qualities from the Gothard web site.

4. I winced when which ever girl said "they were now raising children" -- I'm sure she meant Josh/Anna, but it was too telling. Ditto with J-B telling Hannie to watch the others.

5. I cannot believe how "babyish" Jackson is. Johanna seems YEARS more mature suddenly, but Jackson acts like a 3 year old. His speech is still so babyish. He's adorable to look at, but that's it.

6. Fascinating that there's been no more filming.......but maybe they are in Tennessee working on the re-birth of "19 Kids and Counting: The Bates"???? (Maybe the STaddons will visit? or The Wilkes or Paines?)

7. I am curious about Jana--didn't notice the ring thing. Maybe she's in a courtship that isn't 100% approved? (Approved enough to get to know him a long while?)

Having now seen it I can't believe they are starting with the "happy pregnancy." They should have mentioned the miscarriage and show life getting back to normal (although I do understand for Mom and Dad--even the Duggars--emotionally this can take a long time). Also didn't think the ladies at Bible Study seemed thrilled with their special guest, but it's been pointed out (here or elsewhere) that TLC showed the paper they were given as a handout and it was all "Stand by your Man" crap. Didn't look like THAT conservative of a Church. With that huge screen I doubt they are KJV only and hymns only.

I agree with you on the whole "happy pregnancy" thing. Especially with the teaser near the end when they had trouble finding the heartbeat. It just seemed completely tasteless to include that when everyone already knows what happened, even worse that it is apparently going to be dragged out through the entire season. They are turning a very real, very devastating experience ( that many women have endured) into something akin to a soap opera.

Heck, I copy/pasted Vision's screencaps @DWOP and for the most part they were appalled.

Flattered I could appall the masses with the truth! :)

Seven Basic Needs of a Husband--http://store.iblp.org/products/7H/ There's one for the wife, too

Yup, that's it. The image is burned into my retinas.

Way to go Bill, charging $2 for something that could easily be a free download.

Also, the fact that a woman found this instead of me is very emasculating. Mods, please destroy that post! :D

ETA: The male version is 8 pages and costs $2. The female version is 80 pages and costs $12.99. Gotta keep those bitches under control!

Someone inform me. How old is Hannie? And who was she babysitting? Everyone from from Joseph on down? Jackson on down? Either way grou she a bit young to babysit anyone?

Overall, the people at DWOP seem to have quite a few fans, as opposed to FJ and TWOP. Although nothing is as bad as the 19 kids and counting FB page...I can't even look at that most of the time, the way people constantly fawn all over the Duggars.

The fans at DWOP have pretty much deserted the place, or have slowly come to see that the Duggars are not as they appear. They actually had a thread about how one's views about the Duggars have changed and most either started out skeptical and have only become moreso, or started out as fans but are now seeing the truth. Definitely NOT a fansite like the FB page.

As for Hannie, when they taped that segment, she would have just turned 6. Jackson is 7 and still hasn't lost any baby teeth! He's definitely behind, at least in physical development, but he doesn't seem that sharp mentally either. But yeah, he's cute.

I'm willing to give JB a pass on not knowing how to fix a ponytail. We have three daughters and our oldest is 14. All my girls have long hair, and my husband wouldn't have a *clue* how to do a ponytail. He's seen me do it a million times, but he would still do a crummy job at it. LOL When I once left my two oldest with their dad for a weekend, at ages 5 and 3, my oldest informed me that they 'wore lots of headbands' and 'went to Grandma's to get our hair fixed' LOL Some dads just can't do hair.

slp

I'm willing to give JB a pass on not knowing how to fix a ponytail. We have three daughters and our oldest is 14. All my girls have long hair, and my husband wouldn't have a *clue* how to do a ponytail. He's seen me do it a million times, but he would still do a crummy job at it. LOL When I once left my two oldest with their dad for a weekend, at ages 5 and 3, my oldest informed me that they 'wore lots of headbands' and 'went to Grandma's to get our hair fixed' LOL Some dads just can't do hair.

slp

Erm... I'm sorry, but that statement really puts my teeth on edge. First of all: some PEOPLE just can't do hair; I've never been great at doing my own. But that's because I have enough hair for three people, and it's heavy and hard to see what I'm doing behind my head, and overall it didn't matter enough to me to get really good at it and I cut my hair short anyway. However, you can bet if I have children I will BECOME good at doing hair, because I'll get practice, every day for years. And that's the point - if your husband practiced for more than a week in 14 years, he'd probably be competent. If JB had ever had the slightest responsibility for his daughters in over 20 years, he'd be fine too.

Even in the case of your own husband you say the kids 'wore lots of headbands' and 'went to Grandma's.' So really, a more accurate statement would be 'Some dads just WON'T do hair.'

Now, does that mean your husband is a bad person? No, everyone has lazy moments. I cut corners every which way I can when it comes to cleaning, but it's not because I just "can't" clean, it's because I don't want to. In Jim Bob's case it's a small example of MANY we've seen about how the parents don't actually parent in that family, and a guy who should be a freaking pro at the little things is more clueless than many fathers of one.

But to excuse simple laziness, some tiny issue, with, "Eh, he just CAN'T do it" - and even worse, to essentially say he gets a pass because he's a 'dad' and basically male - makes me feel like we're all trapped in some bad 80s sitcom. This isn't meant to flame, just maybe bring attention to what you're really saying and the examples you're setting for others.

Erm... I'm sorry, but that statement really puts my teeth on edge. First of all: some PEOPLE just can't do hair; I've never been great at doing my own. But that's because I have enough hair for three people, and it's heavy and hard to see what I'm doing behind my head, and overall it didn't matter enough to me to get really good at it and I cut my hair short anyway. However, you can bet if I have children I will BECOME good at doing hair, because I'll get practice, every day for years. And that's the point - if your husband practiced for more than a week in 14 years, he'd probably be competent. If JB had ever had the slightest responsibility for his daughters in over 20 years, he'd be fine too.

Even in the case of your own husband you say the kids 'wore lots of headbands' and 'went to Grandma's.' So really, a more accurate statement would be 'Some dads just WON'T do hair.'

Now, does that mean your husband is a bad person? No, everyone has lazy moments. I cut corners every which way I can when it comes to cleaning, but it's not because I just "can't" clean, it's because I don't want to. In Jim Bob's case it's a small example of MANY we've seen about how the parents don't actually parent in that family, and a guy who should be a freaking pro at the little things is more clueless than many fathers of one.

But to excuse simple laziness, some tiny issue, with, "Eh, he just CAN'T do it" - and even worse, to essentially say he gets a pass because he's a 'dad' and basically male - makes me feel like we're all trapped in some bad 80s sitcom. This isn't meant to flame, just maybe bring attention to what you're really saying and the examples you're setting for others.

My stay at home dad was the one who did my hair when I was a kid--probably because he had long hair and because he didn't work. When my '80s super woman mom tried, it ended up horrible and always fell out--probably because she had short hair. All of that to say, I totally agree with PBrooke... Some PEOPLE just can't do hair! When my soon-to-be-husband and I get married, I will probably be the one who does hair because I'll be a SAHM, but if I were to ask him to do it for me he would have no qualms and wouldn't stop until he did it well.

You know, I've read this whole thread and got to thinking about something. Please forgive me if this is a stupid point, but I have a hard time thinking that if one of their kids got sick, JB and M would exploit it like this and actually film the death and funeral. That right there puts a big hole in the "this fetus is a person just like our other children" shit.

Or maybe they would. They are just horrible people.

You know, I've read this whole thread and got to thinking about something. Please forgive me if this is a stupid point, but I have a hard time thinking that if one of their kids got sick, JB and M would exploit it like this and actually film the death and funeral. That right there puts a big hole in the "this fetus is a person just like our other children" shit.

Of course they would! If Jason had killed himself falling into that orchestra pit, they still would have had 10 camera phones +TLC camera aimed at him as they brought the body out, with J'Chelle's beaming smile as they loaded him into the hearse. Anything - and everything - for ratings.

I wonder too (and I hope we never have reason to know).

I don't know if they've lost track of real life outside of the show so much that they would, or if they are milking this to push the anti-choice agenda.

They did make Grandpa Duggar's death and funeral part of the show, I've learned here (I can't actually bear to watch more than a few minutes here and there, when someone here posts videos to make a point). But I don't know if they milked it this much.

Is Jenny still in diapers? Jim Bob said he had to go change her. The child is 4 1/2. For the love of God, someone needs to rescue the little girls.

Is Jenny still in diapers? Jim Bob said he had to go change her. The child is 4 1/2. For the love of God, someone needs to rescue the little girls.

Change her as in from one outfit to another. JB didn't want the cameras catching any skin as he helped her get into a new outfit.

Also on potty training, not every child is ready to potty train at 2 years. Some are not ready until 4-5 years.

Archived