IGNORED

Tonight's Episode

MandyLaLa

Anyone think they did like Kim Kardashian did after her divorce ... Going in and re-recording spots and placing them in to make themselves look better?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Still nothing about NASA or did we see that already?

The trip to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center took place in September which was right after their world tour. Here's a link to articles that appeared in our local meda:

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-the-dugga ... 7776.story

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/09/19_ ... count.html

Even though the article states that the Space and Rocket Center episode will appear in this season, the timing seems off, because Michelle was 13 weeks pregnant in this new episode, the Space and Rocket center thing was in September, and Michelle miscarried at 16 weeks in December. The articles explicitly say that "Michelle and 2 of the children were returning from Israel, so this was right after the world tour. So either they will be showing events not in chronological order, or they scrapped the Space and Rocket Center episode when Michelle miscarried to make room for all of that drama.

I do know for a fact that TLC was filming there. I work down the street from the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. I didn't personally see any Duggars or the TLC crew (didn't want too really). I was also swamped at work that day. What I know was told to me by people I know who work at the Space and Rocket Center. The kids DID NOT ATTEND SPACE CAMP, they only toured it. Space camp is more than just a one day thing, and the Duggars were only there for one day. Again, this is based on what was told to me.

Guest Anonymous
OMG he just basically admitted he doesn't take responsibility for his kids. This experience taking care of the littles "brings me back to the good ol' days when we had 5 or 6 kids and Michelle and I had the full responsibility"... fail JB

What a god-damned mother-fucking jackass and hypocrite! They are his kids, he help make 'em, so he should take care of 'em!

Well what if god yells at me "GET A JOB!" and everyone in the nowu three states can hear it? An i supposed to listen to god or my husband?

If God's voice is in conflict with your husband's, then it can't be God. Can it be.... SATAN?

Guest Anonymous

This might be answered further in this thread, but I'm asking as I'm reading. What is this about? Like what were they talking about that lead to this?

When the nursery sent some of the workers over to help plant the trees they managed to get the work done in less time and without the fancy equipment JB has. Then Jinger make a remark that ended with "all of us girls went on strike". Some of those guys were good looking, so I think maybe the girls wanted to watch these guys getting all hot and sweaty.

Having now seen it I can't believe they are starting with the "happy pregnancy." They should have mentioned the miscarriage and show life getting back to normal (although I do understand for Mom and Dad--even the Duggars--emotionally this can take a long time). Also didn't think the ladies at Bible Study seemed thrilled with their special guest, but it's been pointed out (here or elsewhere) that TLC showed the paper they were given as a handout and it was all "Stand by your Man" crap. Didn't look like THAT conservative of a Church. With that huge screen I doubt they are KJV only and hymns only.

To develop a grateful spirit, you should expect nothing and learn to be appreciative of each little expression of your husband’s love.

Wow. Just wow. You should EXPECT NOTHING in your relationship with your husband. So when he smacks you, you will say "thank you sir, may I have another." This is AWFUL.

Wow. Just wow. You should EXPECT NOTHING in your relationship with your husband. So when he smacks you, you will say "thank you sir, may I have another." This is AWFUL.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Negative attention is still attention. ;)

I'm sure they don't want to be associated with FLDS, but these "character qualities" fit in quite nicely with what girls in the FLDS were taught - everything bad in your life is your fault, God is punishing you for something*. If you husband hits you, it's because you did something to deserve it. If your husband ignores you, it's because you have made yourself unappealing. And if your husband treats you like an equal and loves and respects you, wake up because you're dreaming and need to get up and take care of the children.

*Seriously. One of Carolyn Jessop's younger boys has a ton of medical issues, and her husband (at the time) told her their sick son was all her fault for rebelling against him.

Wonder if she'll lose the baby during May sweeps?

I'm thinking now they have to play up the "happy, healthy baby" thing, so we'll be more heart-broken when the baby is lost. I'm not belittling the loss; I'm just turned off by the obvious premeditation, building this up for the sake of ratings (and to make the loudest statement about the personhood of a fetus).

Maybe I'm just too cynical. They just kept showing that "no heartbeat" preview before every single commercial, and the implication is pretty clear to anyone who knows about the miscarriage but was unclear about what week it happened.

Having now seen it I can't believe they are starting with the "happy pregnancy." They should have mentioned the miscarriage and show life getting back to normal (although I do understand for Mom and Dad--even the Duggars--emotionally this can take a long time). Also didn't think the ladies at Bible Study seemed thrilled with their special guest, but it's been pointed out (here or elsewhere) that TLC showed the paper they were given as a handout and it was all "Stand by your Man" crap. Didn't look like THAT conservative of a Church. With that huge screen I doubt they are KJV only and hymns only.

When I was in the middle of my divorce, a group of women at the (not very fundie at all) church I briefly attended fed me a lot of the same stuff. The church doesn't publicly stand for all that but the women were very much "you need to find a way to go back" and "I hope he's the one that filed otherwise you are going to hell"

Then I found the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and I haven't looked back :)

I wonder what the ratings were. I could not find them on the interwebz.

Overnights: 1.499 million. Not so hot for a season debut. The next few episodes look even more boring, if possible, so I expect that number to plummet like a stone.

Wonder if she'll lose the baby during May sweeps?

No, the season finale is March 27th.

I think all of the episodes were "in the can", and TLC is just using up previously recorded footage.

The only new filming was the VSE funeral and Priscilla's wedding, which will probably be the season finale.

AFAIK, there have been no reports of filming other than Priscilla's wedding.

I actually made notes while rewatching the ep today... what a nerd!

They really show JB as a bumbling fool in so many ways. Tree planting, machinery operating, hair doing, girls climbing all over him on the couch. I expected a close up of his face, shrugging, and saying Dads, Aren't they Sweet? or something silly. Oh, Shucks, look at ol' Jim Bob, fumbling his way through the house.

Josie sure has gotten cute! I love her blowing kisses!

Jill says re J'uterus at the speaking event that the ladies can see how M "invested in us, how her children are raising up children." ... Yes, exactly. How we raise up our mom's kids. Crazy!

Is "encourage" some kind of code word or jargon in ATI? They all talk about encouragement, and M's "heart is encouraged" if she encourages others' hearts.

JB freely admits that they USED to have the full responsibility of the kids, back when there were 5-6 little ones. Now the buddies have all that responsibility. Grr!

Don't even get me started on the talking points sheet, and that link that was posted above of the full ATI explanation. Bleah!

Oh, and someone asked about which pg's Dr. Sarver cared for M. In a pop up it said that she delivered the three girls before Josie, but didn't deliver Josie.

Did anyone else find themselves staring at M's mustache while she was having the US done?

Did anyone else catch the pumpkin on the table when boob was woken up to watch his brood? WOW! Halloween aint of the debil!

The Duggars celebrate "Fall Harvest", not the ebil Halloween!

I think my unmarried childless BIL would have done a better job taking care of little girls then Jim Boob. He really showed off how little he does around the house.

I did notice a bed in the middle of the floor of the boys' room. Guess Jackson doesn't have to sleep on that flip out bed any more. Will we see if the little girls finally got beds? If we do, it will definitely be a "FU Internets" moment.

I did notice a bed in the middle of the floor of the boys' room. Guess Jackson doesn't have to sleep on that flip out bed any more. Will we see if the little girls finally got beds? If we do, it will definitely be a "FU Internets" moment.

I thought the eagle painted on the boy's wall was....odd. :roll:

If God's voice is in conflict with your husband's, then it can't be God. Can it be.... SATAN?

Please say that was supposed to be spoken in old-school-SNL-Dana-Carvey-Church-Lady voice!

As for Jana, maybe that's one of those purity/"promise" rings.

I mentioned Jana's ring in another post. She's had it for at least a year; I think it was an "upgrade" ring for her 21st b-day. It's just that she's been absent from the camera for so long that people forgot about it.

That eagle's been there since the beginning; I vividly remember rolling my eyes at the decor way back when (and likewise at the Bateses' hokey "We're better 'Murrikins" Than You" boy's room decor. At least the Duggars didn't put up pics of their Confederate icons all over the place.

I also forgot to mention that trundle bed. Never saw that before; the bed literally crashes into the top of bed against the wall closest to the main door...not a bunk, there's a gable rising up from where the "head" of that bed is situated.

I still wonder why they didn't plan trundles in the girls' room, although at the time, there were only 5 girls sleeping in there and Joy's bed is the one situated under the reverse gable end by the door in the girls' dorm. I guess it was easier for Mullet to just give Jill and Jana larger beds so any new babies (Hannie included; she was about 6 months old when they moved in) could co-sleep there. There's no room for either bunks or trundles in that corner where Jessa/Jinger's singles are. I guess they were banking on having more boys since they have even one few boy in the dorm now, but are using that trundle.

Michelle's hair is even more severe and crunchy! Hated it!

Serious question: Do you think she wears a hair piece, like Josie's pig tails thing? (I hate it so)

Someone on TWOP brought that up and I really wonder. Now I just stare and stare at it every ep :lol:

Please say that was supposed to be spoken in old-school-SNL-Dana-Carvey-Church-Lady voice!

Is there any other way?

62Qfbrc1jdo

And that's not "old school" SNL -- that's "middle-era" SNL. :lol:

This is old school:

V3FnpaWQJO0

Yeah, I'm old. :D

Archived