IGNORED

Tonight's Episode

MandyLaLa

Ack! I saw a ring on THAT FINGER on Jana's hand! Someone freeze that frame and enlarge it! I saw it in two shots in the bible study scenes. Oh please, great Courting God, please make it so!

edited because I missed the y in study. Bible stud! Hee hee hee!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered if it was a different day or something. That part of the episode found me in the kitchen making dinner TLC is one of the few channels left who broadcasts an HD east-coast feed....Bravo heard about it when they quit last month) and only periodically glancing up at the show. Even so, I noticed an obvious change of clothes AND a hairbow suddenly appeared after Boob spent what seemed to be half an hour combing Hannie's hair.

There's also the scene when Michelle is waking lazy ass Boob up and she tells him Jenny is the only one up and is downstairs eating cereal.

Then TLC screen caps a blurb that says something like "One Hour Laterâ€, yet Jenny is still sitting alone eating her cereal, when Jim Bob “finally†goes downstairs.

Sloppy fake editing, TLC. Very sloppy.

She's [edit] has had that stone ring for a while. I think it was a 21st birthday gift. She's just been off-camera so long (I let out a HOLY SHIT! when she actually spoke) that it's been shoved on the backburner - apparently her choice, but with the re-programming last year, I doubt that story's veracity.

thanks for the recaps, folks. I thought I found a live feed of TLC and was so excited to see the repeat. Turns out I did find a live stream... but it's TLC India (http://www.tlcindia.co.in/). And apparently they don't show the Duggars to their Indian viewers; I've got "Man v. Food" playing.

I found the same one and was soooo disappointed when I started seeing commercials from Bangladesh.

Is the church where J'Chelle and the J'Slaves went the same place they had *the* memorial service? :shock:

Also, OT: do most newer churches look like that? With the room where the preacher stands called the "WORSHIP CENTER" and weird ass blue lights all over the place? All of my church experience has consisted of traditional type churches with plain, bright rooms with stained glass windows so it was kind of off putting to see a religious space that seemed cold and modern like a conference center.

Maybe Dr. Sarver is famewhoring....Or the only doctor in the area that allows cameras in, and to do so TLC hands her a nice check.

I'm actually thinking that she knows no other doctor in the area will take the Duggar's and is worried they will try an unassisted birth if she doesn't take the one again.

Sorry, but that isn't quite true. In most cases, it is completely appropriate and even encouraged for a woman to remain active during pregnancy. Both of my sisters ran (as in jogging) up until quite far in their pregnancies. Only one of the pregnancies required earlier bed rest. They believe that being fit made their labors more tolerable in terms of endurance.

So Michele's exercising daily during pregnancy, when she had already been doing so for 10 months, was likely not deleterious to the fetus/baby.

Yeah, I have only heard that it's not a good idea to start up a new intense exercise regimen while you are pregnant, if you hadn't been doing it before.

The more I read about this episode, the more I realize that the duggars are just like the Pharisees of Jesues time. I think all most fundies would fall into this category. They do it all of this as a big show of "devotion" but ignore the actual teaching of their holy book.

Yeah, I have only heard that it's not a good idea to start up a new intense exercise regimen while you are pregnant, if you hadn't been doing it before.

True - if you're a typical pregnant lady. Michelle was not by any stretch of the imagination - very high risk. Probably on par with twins or triplets high risk. What is ok and even good for a normal person is not going to necessarily also be for the brood mare.

I'm actually thinking that she knows no other doctor in the area will take the Duggar's and is worried they will try an unassisted birth if she doesn't take the one again.

I don't get any famewhoring vibes from her and I think you could be right about her being willing to help because she knows Michelle would go it on her own. She made it pretty clear that the risks were high and that she's made them known to Michelle. It's sort of like treating a patient with emphysema who refuses to quit smoking.

She made that joke about the baby probably being a girl because she could see a brain once before. I think with Jenny or Jordyn.

I couldn't help but laugh at the blatantly multiple takes on some of the scenes. The one I noticed in particular was the one where JB was playing on the couch with the little girls, the one where Hannie jumped from the island to the sofa (blue shirt). A few frames later, her shirt is pink, as it was in the ponytail fiasco. Then back to blue. Just real life...right.

I noticed that too and pointed it out to my mom who was watching with me. She also pointed out that *gasp* you could see Josie's diapered bottom, and *gasp again* you could see a little of Hannie's belly when she was jumping on the couch.

Also, did anyone else notice the Vtech Tablets Hannie and Jenny had? I only noticed because my niece and nephew both got one for Christmas. Those things don't exactly have "Bible Study" cartridges for them. They're mostly Disney/Nick learning things.

Rewatching the Sarver part again and she mentioned that if Michelle had "issues" again, they would come before 20 weeks. I'm surprised that TLC kept that in. No, it wasn't pre-eclampsia this time, but she was emphatic about all the other risk factors (including the vertical scar on the uterus) as well.

Doc Sharon (whatever happened to her) said almost precisely the same thing about subsequent pregnancies after Josie was born.

I noticed that too and pointed it out to my mom who was watching with me. She also pointed out that *gasp* you could see Josie's diapered bottom, and *gasp again* you could see a little of Hannie's belly when she was jumping on the couch.

Jordyn was trying to take her diaper off. (doubtful anyone is working on potty training, so you probably are on your own there, kiddo)

And so much for Michelle's insistence that little boys are so much more active than little girls.

OK, I pieced this together over multiple freeze frames. Some of the text I just couldn't read since I recorded on low quality. Everything here is what I could clearly make out and is appalling enough. Anyone who watched in HD should be able to read this list better than I can. Any mistakes/typos are mine. I was also surprised to see the 52 character qualities worksheet actually be shown on screen and talked about. Maybe they're going to be more open about their beliefs?

Seven Basic Needs of a Husband

Center your work and ministry in your home.

That's all that was shown. My eyes hurt. :shock:

This way you can write the entire expense of your home off with your taxes. In subsequent years you can write off the utilities and upkeep on said house. :naughty: (not saying that's what the dumbers do but....)

LOL at Jinger's remark "all of us girls went on strike"! I took that to mean we want to watch these hot guys defraud us! LOL

This might be answered further in this thread, but I'm asking as I'm reading. What is this about? Like what were they talking about that lead to this?

Could the Duggars hire someone to tune those violins?

Nails on a chalkboard. I love violins. What they do isn't what I think of as making music. They sound like a bad 4th grade concert when they play. The most basic of basics, but no talent. Can't they play in harmony instead of the same melody?

She commented that she thought maybe it was Jim Bob and Michelle who typically made the family late, since she and the other J-Slaves have gotten the kids ready on time in the past. She said it jokingly, but I don't doubt the truth of it.

I'll bet she was saying it passive-aggresively. They aren't allowed to do anything but smile, but she made a valid point about how much she and the other girls have all the responsibility. And it doesn't help the JBoob admitted he and JChelle haven't had responsibility in years.

It looks like the kids go to sleep in their day clothes and get changed the next day. I guess nighties or pj's are not approved night time wear. Michelle did say that the girls sleep in skirts and shirts.

The older girls are probably too tired at the end of the day to change anyone.

Jana's remark about Boob and Mullet being late struck me as extremely bitchy and passive aggressive, especially how she kind of seemed "sweet" and skipped off camera after that. I kind of liked Jana's attitude! :mrgreen:

I'm baffled. Lots of people said Michelle seemed depressed on the Today Show this morning.( I didn't see it ) I do understand that losing the baby was quite devastating for her. So why, oh why, are they showing episodes of the happy expectant Michelle when we all know how it turned out? Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. Couldn't they have shown a recap of the end of last season, and then fade to a black screen with a message that Michelle lost the baby? As much as I disagree with televising the ultrasound where she found out the baby had no heartbeat, and then the funeral, it makes more sense than reliving the happy pregnancy footage.

They could still show stuff like planting trees and visiting the farm- she wasn't visibly pregnant in that footage.

Some interesting observations about the preview for next week:

Josh says sales are slow, and they are barely keeping their heads above water- so how can he leave at the drop of a hat for weeks at a time, and spend like a drunken sailor while he's away?

Why would you invite a family with 21 kids to stay with you for "a week or two" when you are having all day morning sickness? While I do realize Michelle doesn't actually DO anything, that's still a lot of stress.

My TV Guide arrived in the mail today. It didn't give any episode descriptions, but it did show that there are 2 new episodes next Tuesday, and another 2 the following Tuesday. So while they may only be on for 6 weeks, there may be 12 weeks' worth of episodes.

My TV Guide arrived in the mail today. It didn't give any episode descriptions, but it did show that there are 2 new episodes next Tuesday, and another 2 the following Tuesday. So while they may only be on for 6 weeks, there may be 12 weeks' worth of episodes.

And it may very well be the end... That is what stations do when they have paid for a certain number of episodes but want to cancel the show. They air the remaining episodes as quickly as possible to make room for new programming.

Is the church where J'Chelle and the J'Slaves went the same place they had *the* memorial service? :shock:

Also, OT: do most newer churches look like that? With the room where the preacher stands called the "WORSHIP CENTER" and weird ass blue lights all over the place? All of my church experience has consisted of traditional type churches with plain, bright rooms with stained glass windows so it was kind of off putting to see a religious space that seemed cold and modern like a conference center.

It looks like it was the same church. I have also been to a few churches that look like that church. Back in Decemember, my boyfriend and I went to a wedding at a church with the same setup.

I couldn't keep my eyes off JB's stye. It was much like the "talking stain" commercial.

Looks like the twins (Jed and Jer) are starting to pube. Jer's gonna be a cutie!

Michelle's hair is even more severe and crunchy! Hated it!

Archived