IGNORED

Tonight's Episode

MandyLaLa

Is the church where J'Chelle and the J'Slaves went the same place they had *the* memorial service? :shock:

Also, OT: do most newer churches look like that? With the room where the preacher stands called the "WORSHIP CENTER" and weird ass blue lights all over the place? All of my church experience has consisted of traditional type churches with plain, bright rooms with stained glass windows so it was kind of off putting to see a religious space that seemed cold and modern like a conference center.

Sadly, yes, a lot of them do. Which reminds me of a great story and vitz I heard a few days ago. Seems a beautiful, abandoned early 20th-century church in upstate NY is being dismantled stone by stone and moved south (perhaps to GA, I can't recall) for a congregation who wants a traditional place of worship. One of the people involved in the laborious move noted that the southern congregation opted against "building a church that could be mistaken for a Pizza Hut," then added "nobody goes to the trouble of re-locating a Pizza Hut." :lol: ... Ehh.... maybe you had to be there, or just be someone who's inclined toward traditional religious architecture. ;)

ETA: The church building was abandoned when its congregation either moved or disbanded, and rather than sell the building for reuse as a club or restaurant or loft apartments, someone associated with it found the congregation in the south that opted to spend on the relocation rather than on the construction of a "worship center." Shoulda made that more clear, I suppose.

Also, sorry for the topicjack!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This way you can write the entire expense of your home off with your taxes. In subsequent years you can write off the utilities and upkeep on said house. :naughty: (not saying that's what the dumbers do but....)

I know one of the missing ones is whoever controls the money controls the leadership glad I'm not the only one who freeze framed I felt like a duggar nerd

Sadly, yes, a lot of them do. Which reminds me of a great story and vitz I heard a few days ago. Seems a beautiful, abandoned early 20th-century church in upstate NY is being dismantled stone by stone and moved south (perhaps to GA, I can't recall) for a congregation who wants a traditional place of worship. One of the people involved in the laborious move noted that the southern congregation opted against "building a church that could be mistaken for a Pizza Hut," then added "nobody goes to the trouble of re-locating a Pizza Hut." :lol: ... Ehh.... maybe you had to be there, or just be someone who's inclined toward traditional religious architecture. ;)

ETA: The church building was abandoned when its congregation either moved or disbanded, and rather than sell the building for reuse as a club or restaurant or loft apartments, someone associated with it found the congregation in the south that opted to spend on the relocation rather than on the construction of a "worship center." Shoulda made that more clear, I suppose.

Also, sorry for the topicjack!

What a great story. I love old architecture styles and hate how everything nowadays is built to look like part of a shopping center. It reminds me of an old Married to the Sea comic, where two people were looking at some modern looking columns. The question on the comic was "Who were these people, and what happened to them?" The response was "I don't know, but they worshipped a God called 'Wal-Mart'."

wow! it's like Abuse 101

Unfortunately, on the surface, to people who have been inside patriarchal "Christian" groups, these things may actually sound good. It's when they are picked apart that the truth begins to appear.

Instead of watching the Duggars, I had good, non-babymaking sex.

Ok, I don't have cable, anyway, and I just wanted to brag.

Ok...during this "special announcement" episode, it definitely seemed to me like all of the older children & maybe Grandma Duggar weren't thrilled. It was like they were reading from a teleprompter or script. I've already heard/read about Josiah's reaction & all of that, but this is the first time I've taken a close look at the the reactions of the other older children. If didn't already know that this is a heavily scripted show, I do now

I thought Josh's response (on Today Show) to the announcement of the pregnancy (the Jubilee one) was priceless. He was stone faced. For once I was on HIS side!

The more I read about this episode, the more I realize that the duggars are just like the Pharisees of Jesues time. I think all most fundies would fall into this category. They do it all of this as a big show of "devotion" but ignore the actual teaching of their holy book.

It is sort of mind-boggling how most of them prove that again, and again, and again.

How were the ratings for last night's episode? Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to watch, thanks to all of you who did. I still can't believe that the Duggars bring in great ratings after all of this time when most of the storylines are just repeated over and over again.

Nails on a chalkboard. I love violins. What they do isn't what I think of as making music. They sound like a bad 4th grade concert when they play. The most basic of basics, but no talent. Can't they play in harmony instead of the same melody?

Harmony is of the devil, young lady!

Two or more notes, intertwining, embracing, touching?

Bass and treble miscegenation?

VIOLAS?

Disgusting!

;)

I agree. It just seems so morbid to show things like an ultrasound for a fetus we know gets miscarried (granted, I don't watch the show but even reading about it makes me cringe)

Or maybe we should not show anybody on TV since we'll all be dead eventually.

LOL at Jinger's remark "all of us girls went on strike"! I took that to mean we want to watch these hot guys defraud us! LOL

Oh she totally meant that. I would have meant that at her age, totally.

I thought this one was funny, considering smugs' weight gain.

Weight Watchers needs to get on the ATI tip. I thought it was too much food that made me gain weight. Now I know it's my bitterness (which I can only assume means my resistance to being 100% subservient to my husband's headship).

Instead of watching the Duggars, I had good, non-babymaking sex.

Ok, I don't have cable, anyway, and I just wanted to brag.

:clap: :clap: Here's to sweet fellowship and kids that sleep through it. :dance:

Watching paint dry would have more interesting than last night's episode. That's an hour of my life I will never get back. Didn't help much when my ears started to bleed when the girls were playing their violins.

Ps. I loved how Michelle was speaking at that women's ministries on how to handle day to day life; she forgot to throw in the part where her older children pretty much does everything around the house for her while she sits around and attempts to pop more of God's babies out of that gigantic vagina of hers.

Watching paint dry would have more interesting than last night's episode. That's an hour of my life I will never get back. Didn't help much when my ears started to bleed when the girls were playing their violins.

Ps. I loved how Michelle was speaking at that women's ministries on how to handle day to day life; she forgot to throw in the part where her older children pretty much does everything around the house for her while she sits around and attempts to pop more of God's babies out of that gigantic vagina of hers.

The Duggars never fail to sound awful on their violins. Michelle was pretty phony at women's group meeting.

Or maybe we should not show anybody on TV since we'll all be dead eventually.

That's not the problem.

The problem is that the pregnancy already VERY publicly ended. We were already "treated" to: announcement of miscarriage, articles in People magazine and the like, the funeral - hell, they even talked about it on Today. Unless you have been living under a rock, you know what happened.

I felt kind of bad, seeing her reaction to the miscarriage - but they have made the decision to get on the publicity bandwagon, and they continue to exploit this event.

I felt kind of bad, seeing her reaction to the miscarriage - but they have made the decision to get on the publicity bandwagon, and they continue to exploit this event.

And let's not forget that so much of it is about the anti-choice agenda.

Some of it may just be just their fame-whoring, being totally without restraint or common sense, and/or thinking they are demonstrating Christian leadership -- all par for the course, for them.

But a big part of it is making damn sure we all know that a fetus, in their eyes, is a baby. It's "look at us, we are dragging this out and doing it over and over, and making a big display, just like we think anyone would for a 10-year-old."

Of course, regardless of the personal tragedy -- miscarriage, death of a child, or anything else -- normal people wouldn't be putting it all on display like this.

But I suspect that, in their minds, private mourning = fetus was not important.

And they can't bear the thought of putting that idea out there.

Why would you invite a family with 21 kids to stay with you for "a week or two" when you are having all day morning sickness? While I do realize Michelle doesn't actually DO anything, that's still a lot of stress.

That was the family who housesat for the Duggars when they were overseas. So yeah, they stayed 2 weeks...without the Duggars there. This was the family Smuggar was referring to when he said "I KNOW HANDICAPPED PEEEEEPOLLLZZZZ!!!!!!11"

Since he doesn't live with the family, I doubt he knows these people very well at all, unless they homechurch together. Not sure where they live, but I seem to recall Missouri for some reason.

The "we'll all be dead eventually" is about the weakest strawman I've ever seen erected in defense of...well, anything.

Archived