IGNORED

Tonight's Episode

MandyLaLa

My youngest was 3 1/2, so I know some kids take longer, but over 4 is really late, IMO. I'm glad it was was just changing clothes.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some are not ready until 4-5 years.

Not to cause an off-topic war here, butI have two kids, and if one waited that long I'd want evidence of a real developmental problem!

Is Jenny still in diapers? Jim Bob said he had to go change her. The child is 4 1/2. For the love of God, someone needs to rescue the little girls.

Don't most kindergartens require children to be potty trained before they start? That's not an issue for the Duggars, as the SODRT is full of students available to change a fellow student's diaper.

Not to cause an off-topic war here, butI have two kids, and if one waited that long I'd want evidence of a real developmental problem!

I had 4 preemie boys and 1 39 week, the full term boy potty trained at 2 and the preemies potty trained closer to 4. I guess you could being born preemie is reason enough for the delay. ;)

You know, I've read this whole thread and got to thinking about something. Please forgive me if this is a stupid point, but I have a hard time thinking that if one of their kids got sick, JB and M would exploit it like this and actually film the death and funeral. That right there puts a big hole in the "this fetus is a person just like our other children" shit.

Or maybe they would. They are just horrible people.

Something tells me that this is exactly what would have happened if Josie hadn't beaten the odds. They filmed everything, even when it wasn't clear if she would live or die.

I agree with others, if one of the Duggar kids became ill, the crew would be camped out in the hospital and the death would be filmed, followed by the funeral. I can also picture the Duggars filming a funeral if one of the kids died in a car accident or unexpectedly in other ways.

I still wonder why they didn't plan trundles in the girls' room, although at the time, there were only 5 girls sleeping in there and Joy's bed is the one situated under the reverse gable end by the door in the girls' dorm. I guess it was easier for Mullet to just give Jill and Jana larger beds so any new babies (Hannie included; she was about 6 months old when they moved in) could co-sleep there. There's no room for either bunks or trundles in that corner where Jessa/Jinger's singles are. I guess they were banking on having more boys since they have even one few boy in the dorm now, but are using that trundle.

Um, wait, what?? The oldest girls are co-sleeping with the little ones?!!? :angry-cussing:

I haven't watched a full episode of the show in forever (TLC is blocked on my TV- I don't want to give them more ratings, I just want to snark), so I don't know if that was just their intention, or if it's actually happening. Can someone let me know?

If it's happening, it's sad. Those girls can't even be free from children in their own beds!!!

Um, wait, what?? The oldest girls are co-sleeping with the little ones?!!? :angry-cussing:

I haven't watched a full episode of the show in forever (TLC is blocked on my TV- I don't want to give them more ratings, I just want to snark), so I don't know if that was just their intention, or if it's actually happening. Can someone let me know?

If it's happening, it's sad. Those girls can't even be free from children in their own beds!!!

Most likely. Another option is that the older girls share beds with each other, or that the little ones sleep on the floor. But there are only 5 beds + a pack 'n play in the girls' room, and 8 girls sleep there.

You're right. Some *people* just can't do hair. My dh actually did try to do the girls' hair in ponytails and it was all bumpy and looked awful and my girls said they would rather just brush it and put in a headband. Nowadays, my oldest dd is 13 and can do a better job than I can even, so she can help if I happen to be gone. My dh does do the boys' hair with gel etc. He is just clueless on ponytails, braids etc.

His grandfather, however, does a killer french braid. He braids grandma's hair in a french braid every morning and combs it out for her at night. :) He's very cool!

slp

You're right. Some *people* just can't do hair. My dh actually did try to do the girls' hair in ponytails and it was all bumpy and looked awful and my girls said they would rather just brush it and put in a headband. Nowadays, my oldest dd is 13 and can do a better job than I can even, so she can help if I happen to be gone. My dh does do the boys' hair with gel etc. He is just clueless on ponytails, braids etc.

His grandfather, however, does a killer french braid. He braids grandma's hair in a french braid every morning and combs it out for her at night. :) He's very cool!

slp

I can't do fancy braids. I can only do the cross the sides over the middle braids, but I'm not great at those. If my kids want French braids or fish braids or whatever that's daddy's territory. I can barely do pig tails properly. It's definitely a skill and not a talent though, I only got passable at the regular braid by practicing a ton.

I'm thinking now they have to play up the "happy, healthy baby" thing, so we'll be more heart-broken when the baby is lost. I'm not belittling the loss...

You don't need to belittle it. They're doing that well enough. It's really disgusting how they're turning the loss of a child into a Hollywood show. They are milking a death for all they can get out of it. Jubilee is a meal ticket.

You don't need to belittle it. They're doing that well enough. It's really disgusting how they're turning the loss of a child into a Hollywood show. They are milking a death for all they can get out of it. Jubilee is a meal ticket.

Yep, and Josie had the good fortune to almost die and get all that publicity, so she's a beloved angel in pigtails, while Jordyn is a little neglect-arino.

uh... to the one who says Jackson is behind because he hasn't lost any teeth yet ... seriously WTF ?? Kids lose teeth at a range of ages -- anywhere from 4 to 8 or 9 -- being early or late on that scale doesn't make someone precocious or behind for heavens sake.

There are plenty of things to snark on . but the age someone loses baby teeth ?? .. RFLMAO

One of my kids didn't lose her first tooth until she was 8, she also was out of diapers by 18 months NEITHER of those things made a difference in her overall development.

Someone inform me. How old is Hannie? And who was she babysitting? Everyone from from Joseph on down? Jackson on down? Either way grou she a bit young to babysit anyone?

Boob asked Johanna to keep an eye on josie amd jordyn while he changed Jenny.

Guest LilaFowler

LOL at Jim Bob making Jordan keep her dress down so we wouldn't see her diaper. Just LOL. I didn't even notice until he made a big deal out of it. I guess he forgot to put leggings on her.

Archived