IGNORED

Tonight's Episode

MandyLaLa

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those trees will or never produce anything good. Little People Special Sun. at 8. Amy Roloff is writing a cookbook.

Cute moment~ Sean: Do the Duggars have green thumbs?

*Jackson and Hannie look at their thumbs*: No.

Or he's having trouble...making his arrow point?

The description on my DVR sounds so cheery.

" 'Planning the Future' In the season premiere, the Duggars plant trees, solve a corn maze and go to speaking engagements. Meanwhile, Michelle goes for a pregnancy checkup"

ETA: To add Maze

A maize maze? 8-)

Laura (Redheaded Skeptic) and I checked into a hotel for a "Duggar" night! We're watching it now, and so far, it is so boring! Those damned fruit trees!

It's interesting, seeing them respond to some of the criticism. Like how they noted that they need to "learn" to manage without the older girls. Really? How do they not know this already?

JB had the kids using the big equipment to plant the trees. The tree nursery sent out 3 men to help out and the men refused to use the equipement and did the job 8 times faster than JB using his toys and kids.

Michelle has a woman's bible study to attend but JB went back to bed. He does get up but is sad he alone will be in charge as all the older girls will be going with Michelle. He returns to bed to think about this. He does get up before they leave but waits until the last second.

ack, gotta pull dinner out of the oven.

Jana said something while looking stylish but it was hard to hear over the music the others were playing in the background.

JB complains about having to take care of all the kids by himself without the girls to guide him.

\Michelle is 12 weeks pg and working out every chance she gets to help ensure the pregnancy goes well. She complains how it isn't morning sickness but all day sickness off and on.

Seriously?

Not to sound harsh because we know how this ends and I don't know her medical details, but exercising "every chance she gets" after having a pregnancy that ended severely preterm, this seems very unwise.

How does that moron not know how to do a pony? This made me appreciate my own dad, who did my hair on several occasions. I made him practice on a barbie.

Did anyone see the list it showed of Michelle's taking points earlier?

LOL at JimBob home with the kids... "it's been a few years since I had full responsibility" - OBVIOUSLY! He claims this is because Michelle is usually there. Um, pretty sure it's because the girls aren't there.

I don't remember my dad ever doing my hair. Brushing it maybe but not styling it.

And another out of tune violin performance at the conference Michelle is at.

I can't stand her voice...

Hannie wasn't pleased at JB attempts at fixing her hair. The girls remember their horror of dad fixing their hair back in the day.

Candid shot of mothers saying how much they admire DQ for being able to handle 19 kids when they struggle with just a few.

Aw, let's all giggle while Jim Boob struggles to fix the little girls' hair and fails miserably. Isn't his incompetence adorable?

Seriously, you can't manage a damn ponytail after 20 years with daughters?

OMG he just basically admitted he doesn't take responsibility for his kids. This experience taking care of the littles "brings me back to the good ol' days when we had 5 or 6 kids and Michelle and I had the full responsibility"... fail JB

Seriously?

Not to sound harsh because we know how this ends and I don't know her medical details, but exercising "every chance she gets" after having a pregnancy that ended severely preterm, this seems very unwise.

A part of me hates to be this cynical but- maybe that was the point. Another full term baby would be old news quick. Another micro preemie would turn all but the last dozen leghumpers against them. Maybe they figured a miscarriage would bring sympathy, attention, and ratings, but not nearly as much backlash as another preemie.

OMG JB has to take care of the kids all by himself thank you very much.

Jordyn gets into the clothes closet. JB talks about the good old days of having only 5-6 kids. :?

JB tries to dress the girls but Jen argues that JB is trying to dress them in the wrong clothes. Jordyn and josie dump all the shoes and DAd has Hannie and Jen pick the shoes up while he dresses Josie.

Michelle giving the same old mother speel.

Youngest 2 girls disappear for a few an d found with gum. JB is handling it very well but reminds me of a man who never has raised kids himself and trying to be the good uncle everyone loves.

next up, farm land adventures with Famy!!!!11! :? And maybe the miscarriage.

Guest Anonymous
LOL at Jinger's remark "all of us girls went on strike"! I took that to mean we want to watch these hot guys defraud us! LOL

Too bad it didn't mean "we're all enrolling in college or trade school, and our parents can take care of their own damn kids".

JB had the kids using the big equipment to plant the trees. The tree nursery sent out 3 men to help out and the men refused to use the equipement and did the job 8 times faster than JB using his toys and kids.

I laughed at this. I've planted trees with my dad a couple of times, and we did it with a shovel. Manual labour is good for you Jim Bob, you should try it some time.

Jana said something while looking stylish but it was hard to hear over the music the others were playing in the background.

She commented that she thought maybe it was Jim Bob and Michelle who typically made the family late, since she and the other J-Slaves have gotten the kids ready on time in the past. She said it jokingly, but I don't doubt the truth of it.

JB complains about having to take care of all the kids by himself without the girls to guide him.

This is what I don't understand. The way it's shown, it's like Jim Bob shouldn't know anything about taking care of a home or daughters because he's a guy, and 'guys don't do that.' It' sad, really. He needs lessons from my dad, who has dressed three daughters, did their hair, cooked for them, etc. I look at these fundie dads, and I thank providence for mine every day.

In short, if you can't take care of your kids on your own, it's time to stop having them. :naughty:

ETA:

LOL at Jinger's remark "all of us girls went on strike"! I took that to mean we want to watch these hot guys defraud us! LOL

That's exactly how it came across to me. :lol:

I'm going to have to rewatch this later because my cat doesn't want me to watch. He keeps standing in front of the little kitchen tv. :violin: My headship has spoken. :lol:

It looks like the kids go to sleep in their day clothes and get changed the next day. I guess nighties or pj's are not approved night time wear. Michelle did say that the girls sleep in skirts and shirts.

Personally, I get the impression Josh may not be too keen on have a "full quiver".

I've gotten that impression too. Usually when they start talking about how they might have a bunch of kids, Josh is quick to remind everyone that it might just be one or two. I think Josh didn't like being the oldest of so many. Not that he really had to do anything for the littles, I just think he found them annoying. I remember when they moved into the TTH, that "A/V studio" that they built was mostly for him, and he claimed that there were no little kids allowed. He's never seemed to have much of a connection to his much younger siblings.

I was planning to watch the new episode but got distracted. Oops. I'll just have to set it to record and maybe I'll get around to seeing it at some point...

Archived