IGNORED

Razing Ruth's Sister Pregnant out of Wedlock

Ridiculous

Thanks all! In that case I feel very sorry for her.

Sometimes I get the feeling that for these people, the best course of action is changing their names and relocating a few thousand miles away. Yikes!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isaiah needs to pay for his actions somehow.

I'd contact the poor girl he's courtin' and tell her everything. That may not be possible since she's under daddy's protection.

This whole thing pisses me off to no end!

In a comment on the new post she said, "My brother, however, knows the family of the girl he's courting and is going to say something when the time is right."

I'm glad he is going to talk to them. Whether the girl/her dad will heed his warning is another thing but I do think she has the right to know what she is getting into.

The 1960's mentality about this baby and adoption is making me sick to my stomach. They should read "The Girls Who Went Away" by Ann Fessler. It's heartbreaking to how quickly they are all jumping on the adoption bandwagon.

Ruth is for real.

Achingly real. Of course she may rearrange facts, as we all do. She has some people bent on her destruction, so she likely cannot tell the whole story. She is no Mckmama!

The 1960's mentality about this baby and adoption is making me sick to my stomach. They should read "The Girls Who Went Away" by Ann Fessler. It's heartbreaking to how quickly they are all jumping on the adoption bandwagon.

given that the mother and father are coming out of 1640's style puritan repression, the 1960's are actually quite progressive. She's not being stoned to death or forced to marry the father.

Do you have something against adoption? It's a perfectly valid option. So is keeping the child. As it abortion (if it's early enough in the pregnancy).

There is no law in this country that says you must raise a child you give birth to.

Do you have something against adoption? It's a perfectly valid option. So is keeping the child. As it abortion (if it's early enough in the pregnancy).

There is no law in this country that says you must raise a child you give birth to.

Abortion is acceptable at all phases of pregnancy,

Abortion is acceptable at all phases of pregnancy,

I meant legally (I can't remember if it is state or federal-but I think you can't abort after 20 weeks). My apologies for the confusion.

In a comment on the new post she said, "My brother, however, knows the family of the girl he's courting and is going to say something when the time is right."

I'm so glad. Even if he gets married to some naive girl and becomes a powerful QF patriarch, the child could still come looking for him in 20 years, and wreck his life. Rightfully so.

Perhaps it is well hidden - or well denied - in those circles. ??

I think many of them just discredit whatever situation is and willingly suspend disbelief. Look at the family that let their daughter marry an alleged child molester and claimed to be very happy about it.

Treemom you feel abortion Is acceptable even for a woman who is full term?

Not Treemom but I believe if a woman has reason, then a partial birth abortion is acceptable for her. I am not passing judgement on any choice a woman makes. After all, many people don't see a difference between the morning after pill, a 10 week abortion, and birth control.

I hope Rachel blows this man's identity out of the water and makes it impossible for him to find a "just and god fearing" woman. I have to hope there's a special place in hell for these men.

Great book (I got it after someone mentioned it on Free Jinger), but I don't think the situations are comparable. Those girls weren't given options and weren't really told what was happening; they were sent away, gave birth, then their baby was gone. It's disgusting how they were treated, but it's 2012. Ruth's sister has options, and since she's no longer under her father's umbrella, she can make her own decision about what to do regarding her pregnancy.

As others have pointed out, she doesn't have to give the baby to another family to raise just because she's young and poor, but she may not be ready to be a mother. I'm sure whatever decision she makes will be the right one for her and her child.

And since it's 2012, the baby daddy will not be able to deny and get away scott free. That baby's got his DNA, and no amount of fasting and prayer will change that.

Maybe I'm naive and have had a nice life, but sometimes I get this nagging feeling when it comes to Razing Ruth that all the drama is too much to be true.

I don't know. Are her stories corroborated?

You're not alone. I've had the same nagging feeling and I can't put my finger on it. I would feel much better to know that an FJer has at least spoken with her by phone or met her irl. Not that how I "feel" matters in this situation.

You're not alone. I've had the same nagging feeling and I can't put my finger on it. I would feel much better to know that an FJer has at least spoken with her by phone or met her irl. Not that how I "feel" matters in this situation.

Gah. yes someone has (Vyckie) and this situation was crappy and manipulation may have been used. in any case she's real.

Is Vyckie an FJer? I'm familiar with her from NLQ, and I have the same slight skepticism about over-dramatization there, too. I realize that I'm in a minute minority and not wishing to die on the sword about it, I guess I'd like to hear confirmatiom from sola or Alecto or another FJer with their "credentials".

I meant legally (I can't remember if it is state or federal-but I think you can't abort after 20 weeks). My apologies for the confusion.

Yes, you can abort until 40 weeks in all states, but there are requirements yoy have to meet, you have to find a provider who will do it, and it often would have to be done in the hospital.

Treemom you feel abortion Is acceptable even for a woman who is full term?

Have you ever read my posts about abortion?

And I believe in absolute medical privacy for an abortion. So it isn't for me to decide whether it is acceptable or not. It is legal and should be,

Is Vyckie an FJer? I'm familiar with her from NLQ, and I have the same slight skepticism about over-dramatization there, too. I realize that I'm in a minute minority and not wishing to die on the sword about it, I guess I'd like to hear confirmatiom from sola or Alecto or another FJer with their "credentials".

There have been epic FJ discussions of this, especially on the Yuku FJ. And Vyckie (NLQ Vyckie) actually contacted an FJer and had her start a thread implying that Ruth was fake. The FJer later admitted this. (The old Yuku board doesn't work very well; I can't get its Search function to work). I have a vague memory that some specifics of that whole thing have been discussed here.

It's teh Internetz and nobody really knows who is real and who isn't. Since RR prefers to be anonymous, we can't be sure of anything.

Just like with any information that can't be verified, it's good to just take it for what it is and don't get so involved that you would be devastated if everything turns out not to be true.

Archived