IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

I'm leaning towards the subterranean civilizations and pyramids myself. But I listen to C2C every night.

Oh, this makes me sad. My father had Alzheimer's and listened to this show, believing every word of it. Aliens, poison vaccinations, government mind control, other worlds... Could never talk him out of believing what they said.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to get anyone too excited, this is not an Emily & DNA update.

But their internet memory lives on:

homesteadingtoday.com/general-homesteading-forums/homesteading-questions/472075-could-you-live-%241000-month.html

Experiencedd, that show sounds great. We don't get it here (our radio is usually pretty boring) but I have a similar thing which everyone thinks is weird. I love magazines like "It's Fate" "Fate and Fortune" and "Spirit and Destiny" all about psychic stuff.

Needless to say I believe absolutely none of it but it is utterly fascinating to see what other people believe in - past lives, crystal healing, Wiccan rituals to find a man or get more money, lucky and unlucky birds or cats, angels and spirit guides...I'm sure it must tell us something about who we are as a society although I'm not sure what. We're all fucked up?

Some of the stories are quite touching, others are sweet, and some are, well, bizarre. My favourite ever was the magazine which had a talking psychic dog that communicated with "spirit" (why is this word never a plural?). Someone wrote in and asked this talking psychic dog the following:

"My union has called us out on strike. I'd like Benny The Talking Dog to ask spirit whether going out on strike is the right thing to do."

I laughed. I cried. I realised Britain is a country where we consider it acceptable to ask talking psychic border collies their opinions on industrial relations. Then I cried even more.

I love stuff like this, too. Are there any websites like this? I almost never buy magazines these days.

I love C2cC, it was all I listened to after work late at night. I spent years without TV and radio was my lifeline. I always thought Pahrump NV was some magical place. Here is the website:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/art-bell

Thank you. I'm going to go read that now, because it's less weird than what's been going on here for the past week. That's right, I said LESS weird. :P

The other day I saw what I think is tube meat at the supermarket. It looked like a giant liverwurst, with the metal crimped thingies on the ends. Of course I thought of Emily.

I got excited and may have squealed like a little girl when I saw my all time fav fundie in the active threads. *sniffle* Oh, well going to the site and relive good, good times. We'll always have tube meat to remember her by :(

I am hoping that the people of the homesteading forum showing her as a role model will thrust her back into blogging. But as someone pointed out, she probably can't afford internet access or housing.

There were also a few shout outs to Samaritan Ministries if you sift through the thread.

Aw man...I was hoping for an update:( The Duggars brought me here, but Emily & Dna are the force that kept me checking back daily!

Aw man...I was hoping for an update:( The Duggars brought me here, but Emily & Dna are the force that kept me checking back daily!

That's true for me, the Duggars were my gateway fundies, but Emily's craziness kept me coming back.

Quit teasing us everytime I see Emily and Dna thread I have to check it out to see if she is blogging again. My entire staff misses her, it use to be our lunch time conversation. At one point I was going to email her and offer her money to start blogging again, never did. Life is not the same without her.

I love stuff like this, too. Are there any websites like this? I almost never buy magazines these days.

If you love Art Bell, David Ickes is the next level of crazy. He is a big promoter of the Reptilians conspiracy theory

http://www.davidicke.com/

I have a friend who is big on David Icke. He is batshit crazy and I would love to know what he was smoking when he came up with this stuff.

If Emily started blogging again, I'd probably shit my pants for real. I still reread her blog on occasion. I wish it still had pictures... it's so much better with the pictures! I still talk about her all the time like I know her.

I liked this first comment on that board:

I would feel rich on $1,000 a month. My current monthly expedatures are less than $500. No payments of anykind to anyone except electric. My phone costs $15. My air card for the puter cost me $50. Less than $100 a month for food. Normally $100 for gasoline.

Where the hell is this person living? My ex lives in a studio apartment in a city with low rates for housing, and his rent is 500/month. If this person is living at home, then their expenses are more than $500/month. Somebody else is just paying for it.

Sheesh.

I think I remember where "Dna" came from. Dan had captioned a photo of himself about sneak eating a bagel (taken while Emily was laboring in the other room). I think the word "bagel" was misspelled as well. Does that jog anyone's memory?

I think I remember where "Dna" came from. Dan had captioned a photo of himself about sneak eating a bagel (taken while Emily was laboring in the other room). I think the word "bagel" was misspelled as well. Does that jog anyone's memory?

Yes indeed. That was a great picture ... nothing else like it. Wasn't he in the beginning phase of starvation then, too?

Another blog post from rantofdan.blogspot.com This post is also long gone from his blog since Emily retyped all his posts.

i got hit by a car

yesterday i had a day off form work. it was pretty uneventful. i typed up my paper for missons class and mostly just relaxed the after noon. there is a baptist church near my house. my church does not have an evening service so some times i go to that church at night. it is in walking distance. it is a quick walk. it is always Erie walking. it is dark early now. i freak whenever i see people walking. it is aways a relief when i see the sing for (name removed to limit identifying information) baptist church. i feel i am there. there is a side walk to the church. i was waiting to cross. a car stop ed. as i walking i was nearing the side walk. all of a sud en i see a red ford focus coming. it kept coming. it thought to myself. its not stopping. why is it not stopping. i thought it has to stop. it hit me. i fee to the ground. i got up quickly.

a lady who was driving st oped. people form the church were very concerned. the guy gave me his information then left but alter came back. he was very apologetic. i had to feel out a statement. i ended up missing church. the police officer brought me home. my wife was freaked out by the whole thing.

i give God the glory for helping me. i don't feel like God spared me for something or anything like that. it does require some evaluating but it Will take time to short it all out. i am gad that i am OJ. I do thank God for his protection on me. it does give me pause.

This has to be my favorite Dna blog post. Just so classic.

"I'm glad that I am OJ." So it wasn't god protecting him, It was vitamin C. But, yes, classic dna :)

"I'm glad that I am OJ." So it wasn't god protecting him, It was vitamin C. But, yes, classic dna :)

I thought maybe he was channeling his inner OJ Simpson.

Oh man, I got so excited thinking they had reappeared on the interwebs. Like many others, Emily was my gateway fundie and I miss the crazy.

Archived