IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

This is a very poetic and eloquent description of how Emily lives. Especially since a big part of her "homesteading" is doing food-science projects involving decomposition: lacto-fermenting, sprouting, growing whey starters and kefir cultures that she calls by name and refers to as pets...

The lacto-fermenting is surely bullshit, right? She basically explained it as leaving your fresh food out on the counter for a few days before putting it in the fridge. To me, that's not "lacto-fermenting," that's "letting it rot." (Although I do sometimes tell myself I'm lacto-fermenting when I'm too lazy to put something back in the fridge right away...)

Today I discovered that I was lacto-fermenting in my fridge. Some blue and furry formerly fresh mozzarella. :oops:

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I discovered that I was lacto-fermenting in my fridge. Some blue and furry formerly fresh mozzarella. :oops:

Wow! That will be incredibly healthy for your family. Just mix it with some a teaspoon of kefir, some sprouted rice and some stevia, cook it in your crockpot, and you'll have delicious high-protein pudding for 8 cents a serving!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but one of her blog posts actually recommended eating cooked acorns.

• 6 months later...

Posted on FB:

Who remembers this kid?

581169_10151032473833871_1706395802_n.jpg

I'm sure Dna knew it was Mikey, but his spelling got in the way and he answered Micky.

Not a biggie, but it just popped up in my FB feed, so I thought I'd mention it.

ETA: He also "Liked" the Maine Democratic Party. I hope Em doesn't check his FB feed, or Dna is going to be in big trouble. She'll probably limit his food intake even further.

Emily was my favorite fundie. Any updates?

I kind of want to turn the ac down to 55, piss all over everything, reminisce, then fall into a coma.

I had heard of FJ through RazingRuth and occasionally through TWOP, but I read all of the Emily threads before I posted. She's what drew me in.

Woah woah woah wait.

She cloth diapered, and didn't use HOT WATER. OMFG are you effing KIDDING me? We cloth diaper, in a regular washer and use 3 hot water washes for each load. 2 with no soap just to rinse and the final gets soap and oxyclean.

And leaving your FOOD on the counter? I mean, yeah, i've once in a blue moon forgotten the eggs or butter on the counter for a few hours BUT FOR A FEW DAYS.

I was not around during the height of this one's crazy fest.... I wish I was in a way.... because she sounds epic.

We really need more of this kind of crazy. Our recent fundies have been so pedestrian.

This, Zsu is nuts but not nuts enough.. ( can't believe i'm saying that!)

This, Zsu is nuts but not nuts enough.. ( can't believe i'm saying that!)

I'm getting bored. Jodi was ok, but not half as entertaining as Emily and DNA. I don't have TV so the cray cray fills my need for mind numbing entertainment.

This is a very poetic and eloquent description of how Emily lives. Especially since a big part of her "homesteading" is doing food-science projects involving decomposition: lacto-fermenting, sprouting, growing whey starters and kefir cultures that she calls by name and refers to as pets...

The lacto-fermenting is surely bullshit, right? She basically explained it as leaving your fresh food out on the counter for a few days before putting it in the fridge. To me, that's not "lacto-fermenting," that's "letting it rot." (Although I do sometimes tell myself I'm lacto-fermenting when I'm too lazy to put something back in the fridge right away...)

:o

Sometimes I get lazy after a looong day of chasing the offspring and leave dirty dishes until the morning, or forget to wipe the stove or countertop, but that is just asking for food poisoning or worse.

Yeah, I'll never forget the mixture of whacko entertainment and sheer terror her blog inspired. And the parody blog, pure gold!

Yeah, I'll never forget the mixture of whacko entertainment and sheer terror her blog inspired. And the parody blog, pure gold!

Last summer one of our parody writes did something with DNA being hungry. I can't remember the dialog but I'm totally Lolz from the memory. :lol:

I'm getting bored. Jodi was ok, but not half as entertaining as Emily and DNA. I don't have TV so the cray cray fills my need for mind numbing entertainment.

I agree. There is not enough batshit around here lately. I might take it upon myself to do some googling. I have a whackadoodle relative in Arizona who is really into conspiracy theories...I'll check his fb feed to see if any like minded friends have crazy blogs. Anyone who believes that the government is poisoning us via aircraft jet tails surely has some interesting friends.

Last summer one of our parody writes did something with DNA being hungry. I can't remember the dialog but I'm totally Lolz from the memory. :lol:

Iz hungreee! Emmie givs me 2 graps

Or something along those lines. Oh, I miss Emily. She'd be doing us all a public service by resurrecting her blog. It really provided so much joy.

Oh man! I saw there was a new post in this topic and got so excited thinking maybe she brought her blog back. Bummer LOL

Emily actually brought me to FJ. I found under1000amonth through another online community and subesquently discovered FJ so she's more special than skirt cheese and lacto fermented salsa to me. :-)

What I loved about Emily was that she was [mostly] just crazy, not mean and crazy like some of our other favorite fundies. She was my gateway fundie blogger and I will always remember her fondly. I hope her kids are okay.

Ah, dear, dear Emily and poor, starving Dna. Those were the salad days. I will remember Therese, the soap nuts and Brad fondly for they became a much needed respite from crying over a failed love affair at the time. Wherever you are, E & D, know that I raise a glass of homemade soda for you and salute you with some moldy crockpot bread. XOXO

Ah, dear, dear Emily and poor, starving Dna. Those were the salad days. I will remember Therese, the soap nuts and Brad fondly for they became a much needed respite from crying over a failed love affair at the time. Wherever you are, E & D, know that I raise a glass of homemade soda for you and salute you with some moldy crockpot bread. XOXO

You were brilliant, but you did have good material to work with. :lol:

You were brilliant, but you did have good material to work with. :lol:

Agreed. The Lady of Chardonnay Spritzers is pouring you a drink. I'll fridge it 'til you get here, Giz.

I was simply beside myself with joy to see a thread about Em and Dna. They were the ones who finally made me sign up for an account so I could discuss my fascination with others. I miss Gizmola's parodies as well.

Someone upthread said their husband asks for updates on them. So does mine, and he calls Em "Skirt Cheese". We made kefir at my MIL's house the last time I was there, and I, of course, named it Therese. Ah well, thanks for the memories.

Archived