IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

I thought b/c he was terrible at spelling...so terrible that one day on a blog/facebook post (can't remember which) he spelled his name wrong...as Dna.

That's how I remember it too :lol:

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we started calling him "Dna" because of a post where he referenced his oldest son (Dan Jr.) as "little Dna"? I could be remembering wrong though. Poor kid, he was so sick as to be nearly comatose at one point and they kept him at home for several days before going to the hospital.

Are they still married? How many "blessings"?

I think I heard that they divorced, but I could be wrong.

Are they still married? How many "blessings"?

I think I heard that they divorced, but I could be wrong. I pray they didn't have any more children.

I thought we started calling him "Dna" because of a post where he referenced his oldest son (Dan Jr.) as "little Dna"? I could be remembering wrong though. Poor kid, he was so sick as to be nearly comatose at one point and they kept him at home for several days before going to the hospital.

WOw! Emily's getting all Bill Braskey on us! (BILL BRASKEY!) -- legendary. Multiple stories about where the "Dna" came from.

As I remember it, Dan made a post on FB referencing himself, spelling it Dna, but Eaglemom may have it correct because I also remember something about "little dna." Oh gosh! Where's the official FJ historian???

I've read most of the snark threads & blog these last few days, haven't laughed so hard in so long. I really don't understand how his spelling can be so bad. Can't he right click the red underlining at least? I guess I don't know much about LDs and spelling. Also, how can someone who's clearly capable of wit & a sense of humor be so easily manipulated & live so horribly? That's some serious Stockholme Syndrome.

So many unanswered questions. I hope he escapes and has a writer help him write a tell all. Wishful thinking, but: Free DnA!!

I found FJ because of Emily and Dna. I miss her bat shit crazy self. I feel sorry for the kids because she was totally off her rocker and poor Dna was sort of along for the ride. I wonder if he's still going to the Bible College of the Church Basement? Oh, Emily, we miss your crazy ass. Hours of enjoyment. HOURS!

Looking at the death trap that she called the kids' room, why is the crib half painted? Did she ever explain that?

I suspect the kids ate the paint off of half of it.

I found FJ because of Emily and Dna. I miss her bat shit crazy self. I feel sorry for the kids because she was totally off her rocker and poor Dna was sort of along for the ride. I wonder if he's still going to the Bible College of the Church Basement? Oh, Emily, we miss your crazy ass. Hours of enjoyment. HOURS!

Didn't he get expelled because the school found out Emily was writing his papers?

Emiy seys its OJ to et paynt and wud of crib. It give fybre too boys and they thenk its whit chocklit. I wish we culd hav reel chocklit but Emiy seys no. She is wurking on keefur chocklit and maykes us et her exspearmints. I hop she find whit chocklit and Mt. Dew keefur recipee soon. I hayt her.

Dna

Didn't he get expelled because the school found out Emily was writing his papers?

Ohhhh.... that might be right. I know she did write all his papers for him, or at least she typed and edited all his papers. I wonder if Dna still works at Wal-Mart?

Ohhhh.... that might be right. I know she did write all his papers for him, or at least she typed and edited all his papers. I wonder if Dna still works at Wal-Mart?

IDK, but I can imagine it must have been a special kind of Hell to work around such large quantites of real food and then go home and eat her meager mess of a meal. If they aren't together anymore, he's probably at least eating well now.

He probably still at Wal-Mart and has been employee of the month a couple of times. For that honor they recieved a giant Crock Pot now she can make an extra large pizza, second time they recieved clean sheets because she needed a room divider they hung the sheets as a room divider and still have not washed the sheets on the bed.

Brad ran away because he got tired of being force to stay in the bathroom and odor got to him. Tersa would not leave with him, which make him sad however the power tools that hung on the wall went and they are now living happily with a family that knows how to store tools and Brad is now in the kids rooms and they love him. He is also trying to get a ghost writer for his book "Hanging in the Bathroom of a BatSh*t Crazy Family/How religous will turn normal people into Wackadoodles". Brad is happy now. However, the last we talked he is very concerned about little DNA hope that he is finally potty trained other two he can't remember their names hope they are also well. Biggest thing that he said was it is nice an warm in his new home, they turn on the heat. He does say HI to everyone. :lol:

Well if you only got an ounce of meat and one leaf of lettuce from a tin can garden for dinner, wouldn't you? :)

Edited for riffles

I know i saw a picture posted here of at least 1 other child, another boy. I remember someone seeing the newborn's picture and commenting, "how can they put something so new in that old, scratchy-looking sleeper?" It honestly was older and rattier looking than the sleepers I had for my dolls. Which were old ones that used to be mine, my sister's and brother's. A lot of them went through 2 kids.

I'm pretty sure someone found that Emily and Dna have left religion. Or at least Dan no longer has plans to be a pastor.

Oh, eaglemom, he wasn't "nearly comatose" he was, in fact, in a coma. And she had posted pictures of House Tour Thursday or some such and he was just laying in bed, in a coma, and she's pointing out how festive and fun her laundry was hanging everywhere.

I think it was pretty shortly thereafter that they went to the hospital , like, that evening, but that was the kind of chilling thing about Emily. She had no idea that it was odd that she left that picture there rattling on about her "decor", even after everyone knew what they were looking at.

I used to feel so sorry for those boys. I guess I still do. I don't see her changing or growing a whole lot.

*edited for left out word

My memory is a bit hazy, but the recollection is that after Emily started visiting FJ, she'd respond to some posts, and then she stopped after Gilgamesh (it was Gil, right?) sent her a mattress after seeing one of the pics on her blog of the mattress below the crib in the room where her children slept and it looked way too worn for the wear.

In that same blog post, IIRC, there were lots of other pics of unsafe conditions and some FJer decided to spelunk Emily and reported her, and I think another FJer went so far as to contact Dna's Bible college. That led to her ceasing posting and Dna being suspended from his college, I think. Over the ensuing years, there has been mixed information -- on the Yuku board there was a thread about a purported split, but don't recall anything concrete.

Wow, I am so so sorry to have just learned about these two. Looks like Dna is still alive at least; he liked a song on his Facebook yesterday.

If only Dna could be so lucky as to work in a Wal Mart with a McDonalds. I'm sure he's not allowed pocket money, but maybe they'd hand out some extra McDoubles on occasion.

A mate of mine used to work in a place attached to a Maccy D's and did shifts there. You get free cheeseburgers.

Wow, I am so so sorry to have just learned about these two. Looks like Dna is still alive at least; he liked a song on his Facebook yesterday.

Wait, Dna's on Facebook? Do you have a link? Gotta see this!

It was Gizmola who sent her the mattress. Gizmola also did a parody site on Emily and Dna. It was great fun!

Archived