IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

I agree. There is not enough batshit around here lately. I might take it upon myself to do some googling. I have a whackadoodle relative in Arizona who is really into conspiracy theories...I'll check his fb feed to see if any like minded friends have crazy blogs. Anyone who believes that the government is poisoning us via aircraft jet tails surely has some interesting friends.

Ha, I can beat that! I had a friend whose mother believed that the government was putting gasses in the FOG for mind control, and that they were creating more fog to disperse more mind controlling gasses. Her reasoning: there was more fog at the time (mid 90's) then when she was a kid....but she didn't live here when she was a kid! This is a rather foggy area at certain times of the year!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I can beat that! I had a friend whose mother believed that the government was putting gasses in the FOG for mind control, and that they were creating more fog to disperse more mind controlling gasses. Her reasoning: there was more fog at the time (mid 90's) then when she was a kid....but she didn't live here when she was a kid! This is a rather foggy area at certain times of the year!

I have an aunt who honestly believed that the American government was controlling the weather from space, and that's what caused Hurricane Katrina and the Indonesian Tsunami.

I have an aunt who honestly believed that the American government was controlling the weather from space, and that's what caused Hurricane Katrina and the Indonesian Tsunami.

I think you win. :?

My (step) FiL told me that the government pays archeologists to make dinorsaur bones out of plaster of paris in their basements.

I know someone who believed all that, as well as vegetables and natural treatments that cure cancer, doctors using medications to kill or mind control us, world being controlled by lizard people, planes releasing mind control stuff, Obama being muslim, vaccines causing autism....basically everything she reads on the internet that is not backed up by science.

I know someone who believed all that, as well as vegetables and natural treatments that cure cancer, doctors using medications to kill or mind control us, world being controlled by lizard people, planes releasing mind control stuff, Obama being muslim, vaccines causing autism....basically everything she reads on the internet that is not backed up by science.

People who cannot tell the difference between fact and fantasy should not watch "Dr. Who"!

You know my cousin? She also believes that the world is going to end in December and that only the right people get to ascend to some higher plane, also there was something about aliens. Kind of reminded me of the people with the Nikes who thought they were hitching a ride on a comet, to be honest.

Am I the only one who starts humming an Indigo Girls song every time I read the words "Indigo Child"?

I have a couple of those types I keep on my FB list just to see what conspiracy they are ranting over now.

I have many more friends in real life who seem to think that illnesses are caused by not eating just the right diet. Of course I eat a good diet and get sick regularly, and another one who is always trying out new diets also gets sick regularly (though I wouldn't call that one a friend anymore).

Ah, dear, dear Emily and poor, starving Dna. Those were the salad days. I will remember Therese, the soap nuts and Brad fondly for they became a much needed respite from crying over a failed love affair at the time. Wherever you are, E & D, know that I raise a glass of homemade soda for you and salute you with some moldy crockpot bread. XOXO

Ah. Gizmola. Weren't you also the person who incredibly generously sent Emily an organic mattress? She promptly sold the mattress and informed us that the kids quite enjoyed playing with the box.

I disagree with the person above who thought that Emily was nuts but pleasanter than most Fundies. She could be a complete bitch and often was.

Among other Emily memories already mentioned above: The desk lamp precariously balanced on a towel rail right next to the shower after the bathroom light stopped working; the 10 (count them ten!) rolls of Wall Mart tube meat in her freezer; and growing "salad" on her windowsill in rusty tin cans. One lettuce leaf on a tube meat hamburger = a serving of veggies. :shock:

... and the WonderWash! Prior to the WonderWash she would wash the family laundry in a Rubbermaid tub in the shower and hang it up in the living room to dry. I can only imagine the mildew smell in that apartment. Especially since she refused to turn on the heat.

People who cannot tell the difference between fact and fantasy should not watch "Dr. Who"!

:D Another Dr Who fan!

I have patients who think that if you apply for ebil government benfits that they implant a chip in you so that they can track you.

I was hoping that she had started to blog again so I can get my daily dose of waddledoodleness, Zsu is just not doing it for me.

I'm leaning towards the subterranean civilizations and pyramids myself. But I listen to C2C every night. :lol:

OMG, Coast to Coast! I remember during the blackout in 2003 it came on the radio after the news. I was sitting alone downstairs in the living room listening to it, and it kind of freaked me out. :lol: Didn't help that when I looked out the windows I saw nothing but pitch black.

... and the WonderWash! Prior to the WonderWash she would wash the family laundry in a Rubbermaid tub in the shower and hang it up in the living room to dry. I can only imagine the mildew smell in that apartment. Especially since she refused to turn on the heat.

Wasn't the heat paid for by her landlord, but she still refused to use it on principle?

Wasn't the heat paid for by her landlord, but she still refused to use it on principle?

Yes.

ETA. I don't think she refused to turn it on but she kept it at <60F on principle.

OMG, Coast to Coast! I remember during the blackout in 2003 it came on the radio after the news. I was sitting alone downstairs in the living room listening to it, and it kind of freaked me out. :lol: Didn't help that when I looked out the windows I saw nothing but pitch black.

I like falling asleep to radio, unfortunately the only station I get at night in the bedroom is C2C. I used to listen to KGO before the bloodbaths and firings of 2011. So now I learn about underground government installations, UFOs, bar coding of humans, and all kinds of aberrant mindsets. :lol:

You are all the most evil and horrible of all Hive Vaginas!!!

How can you all tease me? This thread grew and here I thought there there was some new information. Man I miss this crazy chick, I miss the exciting level of crazy. But also really, wonder about the kids. Anyway, this is the blogger I miss most, and feel teased terribly ;)

BTW I had a friend who was so into the insanity that was C2C she tried to get me interested too, but I just couldn't get into it, no matter how insane.

I, too, miss the insanity of dear Emily. She was my introduction to FJ as well, back in the yuku days, and I will never again look at soap nuts and tube meat without thinking of her. Also, my heart sinks a little each time I relegate a tin can to the blue box, for it will never sit in a window sill, rusting elegantly whilst bearing mixes greens sprouted from Dollar Tree seeds. •sigh•.

I, too, miss the insanity of dear Emily. She was my introduction to FJ as well, back in the yuku days, and I will never again look at soap nuts and tube meat without thinking of her. Also, my heart sinks a little each time I relegate a tin can to the blue box, for it will never sit in a window sill, rusting elegantly whilst bearing mixes greens sprouted from Dollar Tree seeds. •sigh•.

Every time I see tube meat, I think of her. It is sold at our Walmart.

Every time I see tube meat, I think of her. It is sold at our Walmart.

Same here! $5 a tube. Yum :S of course, Em would use it for 5 meals because she wouldn't pay more than a buck a meal, but they'd each get about a teaspoon of meat so it's not like they'd starve. She was like the Justin Timberlake of fundies: she's bringing scurvy back.

Same here! $5 a tube. Yum :S of course, Em would use it for 5 meals because she wouldn't pay more than a buck a meal, but they'd each get about a teaspoon of meat so it's not like they'd starve. She was like the Justin Timberlake of fundies: she's bringing scurvy back.

:lol: :dance: :clap: This made me laugh so hard I had to put my head on the table for a minute.

Archived