IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

Emily appears to be making money by generating eight or so 400-500 word articles per hour, for clients using her work for backlinks or as filler on their websites. She's writing shallow, low-quality, keyword-laden junk for companies trying to game Google's ranking system - quality of writing is completely beside the point.

See, I don't think I could ever do that. I'd be terribly embarassed if anyone I knew ever traced something like that back to me. But I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my 'serious' writing (anything beyond forum/site posts or FB, basically) and it takes me forever and ever because I'm constantly rereading and revising (having ADHD is awesome for this - yay hyperfocus!) I'd be mortified if I had to write stuff like that - not that I could do it, because it takes me an hour to do 500-700 words to my satisfaction.

TL;DR: I'd be so horrified if someone ever knew I wrote about my personal experiences with cat piss for a living

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I don't think I could ever do that. I'd be terribly embarassed if anyone I knew ever traced something like that back to me. But I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to my 'serious' writing (anything beyond forum/site posts or FB, basically) and it takes me forever and ever because I'm constantly rereading and revising (having ADHD is awesome for this - yay hyperfocus!) I'd be mortified if I had to write stuff like that - not that I could do it, because it takes me an hour to do 500-700 words to my satisfaction.

TL;DR: I'd be so horrified if someone ever knew I wrote about my personal experiences with cat piss for a living

Yeah, I think that's the fundamental thing I find so distasteful about Emily. She had the ability and wherewithal to improve her family's standard of living - but instead, she chose to be the best at living in poverty and squalor and bragged about how this made her a clever homemaker. She isn't a bad writer, but rather than develop her skills, she plows her energy into churning out farmed content and claims this makes her a successful writer. She squanders opportunities and talents that other people would kill to have, and then she's all weirdly superior about these poor choices.

Yeah, I think that's the fundamental thing I find so distasteful about Emily. She had the ability and wherewithal to improve her family's standard of living - but instead, she chose to be the best at living in poverty and squalor and bragged about how this made her a clever homemaker. She isn't a bad writer, but rather than develop her skills, she plows her energy into churning out farmed content and claims this makes her a successful writer. She squanders opportunities and talents that other people would kill to have, and then she's all weirdly superior about these poor choices.

Well, at least she's not taking food stamps because she's not a fiscal liberal.

http://freeedomwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ ... al-Liberal :roll:

Did anyone ever call CPS on Emily? I am discovering this girl for the first time and I am honestly stunned. The boys' room (http://under1000permonthDOTblogspot.com ... -room.html) article and comments made my blood boil. The fact that her little son GOT A COMA because she never took him to the doctor...that is just beyond words.

I'm desperate to know...did FJ'ers ever take action/contact any authorities regarding Emily? I'm guessing some of the comments on her blog were from FJ'ers. I am just so appalled by all this I don't know what to say.

Re the cat piss article:

WHO THE HELL's landlord pulls up the carpet after EACH tenant? I know the last apartment we lived in didn't as we had to pay an extra $75 out of our security deposit for having pets of ANY kind for having the carpets steam cleaned (this was the rule for all pet owners and outlined in the lease)

Re the cat piss article:

WHO THE HELL's landlord pulls up the carpet after EACH tenant? I know the last apartment we lived in didn't as we had to pay an extra $75 out of our security deposit for having pets of ANY kind for having the carpets steam cleaned (this was the rule for all pet owners and outlined in the lease)

I am a landlord and we do what your former landlord did: charge a non-refundable pet deposit to pay for the extra dirt and stuff from the animals (wall-touch ups are more extensive, etc...). We also clean the carpets (so far, all of our tenants have had pets). It is ridiculous to rip out all the carpets.

I am a landlord and we do what your former landlord did: charge a non-refundable pet deposit to pay for the extra dirt and stuff from the animals (wall-touch ups are more extensive, etc...). We also clean the carpets (so far, all of our tenants have had pets). It is ridiculous to rip out all the carpets.

You'd lose your entire deposit and THEN some right? I have no idea how much carpeting costs, but I'm sure to rip out carpet in a 2 bedroom apartment, its gotta be close to like $900-1000 + EASY.

I thought the carpet cleaning was lame at the time, but then realized how much my dog (only had one at the time) shed so HORRIFICALLY that it was utterly totally and completely fair.

I was once charged $1500 for replacing cheap carpets and patching maybe 15 nail holes in the wall. Th carpeting made me mad because they told me when the carpet had been pulled up they saw it was stained...after they removed it.

Did anyone ever call CPS on Emily? I am discovering this girl for the first time and I am honestly stunned. The boys' room (http://under1000permonthDOTblogspot.com ... -room.html) article and comments made my blood boil. The fact that her little son GOT A COMA because she never took him to the doctor...that is just beyond words.

I'm desperate to know...did FJ'ers ever take action/contact any authorities regarding Emily? I'm guessing some of the comments on her blog were from FJ'ers. I am just so appalled by all this I don't know what to say.

If I recall correctly, someone (a lot of someones actually) did call CPS. I can't remember the outcome, but I vaguely recall Emily saying that a home visit or two happened.

Re the cat piss article:

My mother does if the tenant has been there more than a year. In my current apartment's lease, it is stated that walls are painted and carpets replaced between tenants. If you stay less than two years, you have to pay a share of that; if you live here longer, it does not cost anything.

Does anyone know where her pictures can be found online? The 1000permonth blog is still up, but the pictures have been removed. I really want to see how bad her apartment is.

Emily says she spends 8 - 10 hours A DAY on her articles. When does she take care of her children?? I wonder if they are living with her parents.

She took down the pictures, I have not been able to find them. I thought that she was homeschooling her children? If she is blogging that much how can she do that also?

It's shocking to me that a parent would a) have the state's health care plan offered for children in low income families, yet not use it to properly care for said children; and even worse, b) drop it altogether with the plan that should their willfully negligent parenting lead to the inevitable health crisis for one of their children, then pick it back up again. I think Dan is not a bad person, but perhaps dim-witted or easily manipulated by Emily, and that Emily is crazy, mean crazy.

It's shocking to me that a parent would a) have the state's health care plan offered for children in low income families, yet not use it to properly care for said children; and even worse, b) drop it altogether with the plan that should their willfully negligent parenting lead to the inevitable health crisis for one of their children, then pick it back up again. I think Dan is not a bad person, but perhaps dim-witted or easily manipulated by Emily, and that Emily is crazy, mean crazy.

"Crazy, mean crazy" just about sums it up. The negligent healthcare situation is just...I have no words. And this after her 3-year-old son HAD A COMA. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong--did she in fact keep the health insurance for her kids after the coma fiasco? I know she was planning to drop it, but I hope to God she ended up changing her mind...)

Dan is as dull as a brick--you just have to read his blog entries before Emily started editing them (under1000braincells has the originals) to see where his intellect is at. I also don't have much respect for him for letting Emily do all his homework for "college."

I started reading the comments on Em's original blog, and I'm flabbergasted that she wouldn't take people's suggestions when they told her how dangerous and nasty her kids' room was. Instead she just left little bitchy defensive comments and started lying that things were better than they were.

A lot of the pictures seem to be on under1000braincells.blogspot.com still, i found the room pics there.

Thanks! Just found them.

I read this Emily-entry on under1000braincells. At first I thought it was a spoof, and I was laughing sooooo hard. Then I read the comments and realized it was real. :shock: :shock: :o is all I can say. Here:

Money Monday: Dental Care

As we're an anti-shampoo family (we use vinager and a once-a-month diluted soap nuts rinse but that's for another post) we also started looking at the ingredients on toothpaste. We get our tubes of toothpaste at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 a tube. I believe in not being wasteful (hence half-eaten slobbered on apples for applesauce) so I put out on squeeze for me and one half a squeeze for Daniel and Bobby. Dan says that it's painful when he brushes his teeth and since he only has three left I figured that I'm saving $0.35 every six months by him not using toothpaste.

But we're also a pro-lacto-fermenting, homesteading family and we realized how many chemicals are in toothpaste. I work hard to keep my family from ingesting anything but purely natural and nutritious foods like tube meat, crockpot cream cheese and kefir soda, so I wasn't happy to think about how many chemicals are in toothpaste at all. So I started looking at more sustainable and natural toothpaste options.

My favorite has been to use diluted soap nuts liquid. If it's good enough for my dishes and clothes it's good enough for our teeth. But if I did that then I would eat into our laundry budget. So I decided to reuse the soap nut liquid from the Wonderwash. It's very simple:

Empty Wonderwash water into crockpot $0.00

Add 1 teaspoon stevia $0.02

Add 1 teaspoon kefir water $0.01

Add 1 teaspoon whey for lacto-fermenting $0.01

Set on high for eight hours. It will be a simple syrup. Remove any lint from the clothes washing. I put in an old milk jug and then fill with cold water. I then let it sit for four days in a warm, dry place to let the kefir organisms multiply and let the whey turn it into a probiotic. Then I simply fill a glass with a bit of the mixture at a time and the boys and I dip our toothbrushes in it.

Nutritious and ecologically friendly "toothpaste" for $0.04 per gallon. Each gallon should last 1 year. If it turns cloudy then add 1 more teaspoon whey, which would take the cost to $0.05.

*ok, it appears that it is a spoof (it's obvious now that I read it again...although the toothpaste recipe might have been on her blog at some point). I'm going to leave it here though because I think it is hilarious.

Actually, I take this back. I found 2 pictures of her apartment on Under1000BrainCells but I think they are spoof pics (they're just pictures of clutter). Are the real pictures anywhere on Under1000BrainCells? If so, could you point me towards them? Thanks!

I was just reading over at 1000 braincells. I didn't find the recipee for gloodles. Could someone fill me in, they seem to be such a big part of the Emily parody and comments?

Archived