IGNORED

Remember Emily and Dna?

Nancy Drew

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I remember where "Dna" came from. Dan had captioned a photo of himself about sneak eating a bagel (taken while Emily was laboring in the other room). I think the word "bagel" was misspelled as well. Does that jog anyone's memory?

I wasn't around for their blog adventures, but every time I see this thread pop up, I read his name as "Duh-nah."

Is tube meat those giant packages of ground beef that could double as someone's leg? Do I want to know what this Emily person was doing with it that made it so memorable?

I believe that she wasn't even buying actual ground beef, but rather tubes of dollar store sausage. This was the only meat the family ate. And Emily considered 1 ounce or less of it to be a "serving."

I believe that she wasn't even buying actual ground beef, but rather tubes of dollar store sausage. This was the only meat the family ate. And Emily considered 1 ounce or less of it to be a "serving."

We all that it was pretty ridiculous that she was so bothered by GMO foods and hormones. Then she goes and buys the shittiest meat she can find. Made from cows who eat GMO foods and packed with hormones.

Is she still getting $ from clicks? If you look to the right side of the blog and scroll down it says

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. bathing suits

Copyright 2009-2010

All Rights Reserved.

The 'bathing suits' bit is a link to Squidoo. The bathing suits are very mainstream (not modest).

Didn't Emily never blog about poor Dna getting hit by a car?

I remember that she took away his beloved soda and gave him some sort of fermented stuff and said it was the same thing. He was so skinny by the end, she wouldn't let him eat anything.

I remember that she took away his beloved soda and gave him some sort of fermented stuff and said it was the same thing. He was so skinny by the end, she wouldn't let him eat anything.

Oh, yes, that was their pet kefir (named Therese :roll: )

http://under1000permonth.blogspot.co.at ... r.html?m=1

Didn't he have rotted teeth by that point, too?

Emily was how I found FJ. I was so addicted to Emily's blog I checked it several times a day. :oops: She was truly batshit crazy (I mean that in a good way :twisted: ) everyone else just pales in comparison. I miss her.

Yes indeed. That was a great picture ... nothing else like it. Wasn't he in the beginning phase of starvation then, too?

I remember that! I'm pretty sure he wrote "Dna eats a bagle while Emily gives berth."

We seriously need to start contacting these people who disappeared off the face of the blogosphere and hire them with the extra advertising money Alecto was claiming to come back and be the "fundie of the month," doing Q&As and stuff. Emily and Dna, Taliban Tony, who else...

Talking about Emily will never get old.

No kidding. I'm always looking for an excuse to talk about them. It's getting harder with no new fodder, but it's still enjoyable to reminisce.

Looking at the death trap that she called the kids' room, why is the crib half painted? Did she ever explain that?

This has to be my favorite Dna blog post. Just so classic.

:shock: I'm so sad that I missed out on this crazy. I'm not OJ about it, at all.

Re: Tube meat

When I originally was reading her blog, I thought the hamburger in tube meat was just cheap fatty beef similar to what we can buy here in Canada in the same tube format. But last year I discovered that the U.S. tube meat is filled out with that infamous "pink slime" that was making headlines. Yuck. Many many chemicals and whatnot added to the cheap "beef". How could anyone feed that to their children and think it was remotely healthy?

I remember feeling sad that the boys' birthday gifts consisted of cheap crap she picked up at a junk shop. I mean, it's one thing to gratefully accept others' used toys, still in good condition, for general play; but how about something new for a birthday present? Even just one thing?

Oh, yes, that was their pet kefir (named Therese :roll: )

http://under1000permonth.blogspot.co.at ... r.html?m=1

"Meet Therese, Our Pet Kefir. Months ago, I posted about my soda recipe to break my husband's soda addiction. Since then, we have bought water kefir grains. Water kefir grains are small masses of bacteria and yeast that ferment sugars. Although we call our kefir Therese, she is actually a community of many organisms.

When I found the free eBook, I excitedly told my husband about all the kefir recipes: lemonade kefir and cherry kefir and grape kefir. He asked, "Did they have Mountain Dew kefir, or Dr. Pepper kefir?" No, they didn't . . ."

Poor Dna

I die I little every time I see this thread back up at the top. I keep hoping that there is new information on these two. Even the husband asks if I have heard anything about Dna. Well I guess I should go and turn Brad around in the bathroom, so all sides of him are equally covered in mold and toilet filth.

I think I remember where "Dna" came from. Dan had captioned a photo of himself about sneak eating a bagel (taken while Emily was laboring in the other room). I think the word "bagel" was misspelled as well. Does that jog anyone's memory?

I thought b/c he was terrible at spelling...so terrible that one day on a blog/facebook post (can't remember which) he spelled his name wrong...as Dna.

Archived